Jump to content Jump to content

F2 Time Trial Leaderboard Resets Every Day

9 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

Do you have Steam installed to your C drive?  

Yes and no. The desktop PC (dxdiag that I posted) has Steam outsourced on a different physical SSD. The laptop (I can post the dxdiag as well if you like) has everything installed on the same physical hard drive.

@Tulip96 - perfect screenshots. Those show what I mean with the strange selection of lap times. Usually times from the same day or maybe the day before + lap times from december 2020.

• Agree 1
19 hours ago, Tulip96 said:

Same issue here. I'm in the UK and have a B450 Tomahawk Max motherboard. I'm not comfortable sharing the DxDiag publicly (I don't have enough knowledge of what information is contained within it) however am happy to share it privately if wanted. I would add that the DxDiag I have generated is for DX12, but I run the game with DX11 (I crash frequently with DX12 in F1-2020) so it may not be too helpful? Here's a couple of screenshots from the Austria F2 2020 TT leaderboards - you will note that my friends times are not appearing in the global leaderboard that is only 100 users long.

20210509102942_1.jpg

20210509102954_1.jpg

Thanks for the screenshots and the confirmation. Sharing the dxdiag publicly isn't going to give away any meaningful personal information, it's just a hardware list of your machine build and installed drivers. For us in triage, it's helpful to see where updates can or should be applied and any commonality between systems with issues as PCs are unlike consoles with probably no two the same. We also get clues as to attached devices and any programs that have had issues in the WER (Windows Error Reporting). We can also advise on physical connections if we can look at the motherboard manual.

There's really no reason why the DX12 game should be crashing. It generally means that something is misconfigured in the grander scheme rather than the less likely scenario of a non-capable hardware device.

Thanks for the advice - I have completed all 4 steps.
The only one that may not have been totally as you suggested I think was the AMD chipset driver - your link didn't work, so I used the AMD automatic installer instead.

Probably not necessary, but here's an updated DxDiag.

DxDiag.txt

• Thanks 1

Here is an update of the same leaderboard about 24 hours after I posted yesterday, which may be useful for demonstrating the evolution of updates? You can see there are an additional 53 users listed now compared to yesterday.

20210510105417_1.jpg

20210510105422_1.jpg

• Thanks 1
6 hours ago, Tulip96 said:

Here is an update of the same leaderboard about 24 hours after I posted yesterday, which may be useful for demonstrating the evolution of updates? You can see there are an additional 53 users listed now compared to yesterday.

Fits perfect to what I experience.

I had the impression if you load the leaderboard on a daily basis, then the 'old' leaderboard information from the days before stays in the database

• 2 weeks later...
  • F1Slamtrax changed the title to F2 Time Trial Leaderboard Resets Every Day
Posted (edited)

The reason why this issue is so incredibly frustrating is that everything worked before one of the patches broke it. Basically this entire game mode is now pointless. Why set lap times if you can anyway never see how good or bad you are. It also doesn't really work as a place to get better because I cannot load any other ghosts to compare your racing line to etc. And to be honest, being a customer who payed 60 Euros at release and gets this massive ad for F1 2021 in the main menu leaves you with very mixed feelings knowing that a huge part of the game just doesnt work.

Btw: I started to set times with the historical cars instead but there I have the same problem.

16 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

If we can't recreate it, then no. And it's clear we can't recreate it.

That is mainly why I keep asking what to do and what to test because I have here at least two accounts where I can recreate these issues. Based on my postings above, this issue is not related to the machine running the game. The only thing they have in common is that they use the same Steam account which we cannot avoid. In the mean time I have also deleted all user data of the game and I don't see a change. Therefore I believe that the problem is linked to the steam/codemasters/f1game account (idk how the system works).  There seems to be no option to also reset the ingame online account to start the game without any (online) user data at all (obviously I am not going to buy the game on a new Steam account again, although it would be interesting to see whether this problem still occurs). Unless no one from the dev team who works with the leaderboard/account system has any idea and if it is also not possible to reset/clear ingame online user data (even for devs, etc.) then I don't see how you can help.

Edited by F1Slamtrax
5 hours ago, F1Slamtrax said:

The reason why this issue is so incredibly frustrating is that everything worked before one of the patches broke it. Basically this entire game mode is now pointless. Why set lap times if you can anyway never see how good or bad you are. It also doesn't really work as a place to get better because I cannot load any other ghosts to compare your racing line to etc. And to be honest, being a customer who payed 60 Euros at release and gets this massive ad for F1 2021 in the main menu leaves you with very mixed feelings knowing that a huge part of the game just doesnt work.

Btw: I started to set times with the historical cars instead but there I have the same problem.

That is mainly why I keep asking what to do and what to test because I have here at least two accounts where I can recreate these issues. Based on my postings above, this issue is not related to the machine running the game. The only thing they have in common is that they use the same Steam account which we cannot avoid. In the mean time I have also deleted all user data of the game and I don't see a change. Therefore I believe that the problem is linked to the steam/codemasters/f1game account (idk how the system works).  There seems to be no option to also reset the ingame online account to start the game without any (online) user data at all (obviously I am not going to buy the game on a new Steam account again, although it would be interesting to see whether this problem still occurs). Unless no one from the dev team who works with the leaderboard/account system has any idea and if it is also not possible to reset/clear ingame online user data (even for devs, etc.) then I don't see how you can help.

Please restart your router.

It is entirely possible to reset in-game data. The leaderboard result you post is updated by your local savegame data. It's complicated by the default Steam cloud configuration. 

Turn off the Steam cloud save for the game. Uninstall and reinstall the game.

Backing up the data before you do this is your choice. Backing up your data with Steam cloud turned off is possible by adding the userdata folder to Windows File History.

It's possible that it is a Windows error and that something in your configuration is at fault. I can't rule that out. It's completely what I would try at this point. Update the machine firmware totally and do a full install with 20H2 install media.

@BarryBL tagging you to see if anything was turned up from online services side?

• 1 month later...

Out of curiosity, was there ANYONE in your league that went the other way and told you the leaderboard worked properly?
In my league, there were 4 or 5 who came forward and said they saw the same issue. When I asked if anyone didn't see the issue, no-one came forward.

I asked them and the first 3 who replied said they're seeing the same thing: the global leaderboard only shows them and a couple of other times set on the same day, while the friends leaderboard seems to work normally. Definitely doesn't look like a "user issue", at least on Xbox.

Edited by BLITZRAZOR01X