Jump to content Jump to content

Dirt 2.0. driver name problem

Go to solution Solved by PJTierney,

I have a problem. When I participate in the racenet leagues my name appears in different format on the result lists. When i look at the results on the PS4 my name is the displayname from Codemaster account. But when I log in dirtrally2.dirtgame.com/club and look at the results of an individual race my name is same as my PS4 account. And when I look at the championship standings my name is same as my Codemaster accounts displayname. I have linked my codemaster account to my PS4 profile but I guess it should not work like that.

This is not big but annoying problem because name changes causes confusion among other competitors. Do you have any fix for that?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Social Media & Community Team
  • Solution
On 4/25/2021 at 8:32 AM, RosbergKeijo said:

I have a problem. When I participate in the racenet leagues my name appears in different format on the result lists. When i look at the results on the PS4 my name is the displayname from Codemaster account. But when I log in dirtrally2.dirtgame.com/club and look at the results of an individual race my name is same as my PS4 account. And when I look at the championship standings my name is same as my Codemaster accounts displayname. I have linked my codemaster account to my PS4 profile but I guess it should not work like that.

This is not big but annoying problem because name changes causes confusion among other competitors. Do you have any fix for that?

This is a quirk of how DiRT Rally 2.0 enables cross-platform Leaderbroards.

Xbox and PC players don't get the IDs of PlayStation players natively sent to them (and likewise the other platforms on PlayStation). This is also why many players on Clubs boards are called DiRT Player.

To get around this Codemasters developed RaceNet, which is an additional account/profile without platform restrictions. Anybody that connects their RaceNet account to their console account wil, have their RaceNet name displayed across the game, except for in places where the console name has to be used.

If you want to change your RaceNet name, try signing up for this, it's a feature in the new version: https://racenet-beta.codemasters.com/