Jump to content Jump to content

Cannot connect to online services

Gazaroty

• A detailed description of the issue.  

I cannot connect to online services at all, although I can sign into my PSN account and play other games online, it is clear the problem lies within the F1 2020 game.

• Platform

PS4

• What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 

• Ranked/Unranked/Leagues

Cannot access any multiplayer/online game modes.

• Wired or Wireless Connection?

Wireless Connection. I have tried connecting to two different routers with same results. I can access online services for other games but not F1

• The amount of players in your session?

None.

• Were you the host?

No access to online services at all. 

• Did this issue happens for everyone in the session, just some people or just yourself? What did they see?
  • We need to be able to make your problem happen internally so we can fix the issue. Can you make the problem happen again?

Yes. The problem keeps repeating, I haven't been able to play a single online game mode. 

• How do you make the problem happen?

You simply start the game and as soon as it loads this message appears: "No network connection/ Please make sure you are signed in and your network is OK"

• Can you add a report code. How to find this is in Main Menu > Game Options > Settings > 16 digit code in the bottom left of the screen. Please make sure that this is the code from the session you had the issue in. Adding report codes from as many users in your session as possible would be really helpful here.

AESV-CSXB-TBJA-HBEG

• Video of the issue, including timestamps. Did you stream the session?

No video or streaming of the session. 

I bought the game a while back but my first attempt to play online was yesterday and I failed miserably. I've tried signing out and in of my PSN account, switching off the router and then back on, shutting down the game and restarting, restarting the PS4, and still nothing. I tried the same process today but I still can't seem to connect online.

21 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

Over what time period have you had this problem?

24 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

Over what time period have you had this problem?

I'm really disappointed because I don't play online much and I bought the PS Plus subscription exclusively for F1 but can't seen to access online services, any ideas on how to fix this ?

50 minutes ago, Gazaroty said:

I'm really disappointed because I don't play online much and I bought the PS Plus subscription exclusively for F1 but can't seen to access online services, any ideas on how to fix this ?

Just to reassure you that the whole system isn't broken, I was playing on playstation this morning OK and I've checked and I can still connect now (in the UK).

The link posted is about changing NAT type, which you could Google to find out more info. I will say I never needed to change this from the default on either my PS4 or PS5 though.

3 hours ago, Ultra3142 said:

Just to reassure you that the whole system isn't broken, I was playing on playstation this morning OK and I've checked and I can still connect now (in the UK).

The link posted is about changing NAT type, which you could Google to find out more info. I will say I never needed to change this from the default on either my PS4 or PS5 though.

Could be your router is half decent at uPnP

6 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

Could be your router is half decent at uPnP

Not sure what that means to be honest. All the other games I've tried seem to be working fine online, I only have a problem with F1. Moreover, all my friends who play F1 in the same city as me don't seem to be facing the same problems either. All in all, it's driving me crazy not knowing where the problems are.

I don't think my router allows me to forward ports to F1, as it appears on the photos, I have no way of adding F1's connection ports. Any other solutions other than port forwarding ?1386955650_ScreenShot2021-04-25at8_39_36PM.thumb.png.d1c00418fe2d043c79eef3f21b9c42b0.png893947085_ScreenShot2021-04-25at8_39_09PM.thumb.png.f9075b197221338acd1f46954971d446.png

My router model is HUAWEI EchoLife DG8045, and I've even tried enabling DMZ as you can see in the photo but nothing different, still can't connect to online services (Not even 100% sure what that is, someone suggested it online).

Screen Shot 2021-04-25 at 8.47.23 PM.png

16 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

I think your quoting advice from another thread for a PC user there?

The advice for you was to look at the NAT setting on your PS4.

I get a NAT Type 2 when connecting from my router and Type 3 when connecting from my phone's hotspot (I only tried my phone because I was getting desperate) 

41 minutes ago, Gazaroty said:

I get a NAT Type 2 when connecting from my router and Type 3 when connecting from my phone's hotspot (I only tried my phone because I was getting desperate) 

I suspect the suggestion was to try changing to NAT 1. But please Google this first so you understand the implications of what you are changing and that you are happy to do so.

3 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

I suspect the suggestion was to try changing to NAT 1. But please Google this first so you understand the implications of what you are changing and that you are happy to do so.

I'm willing to try anything to be able to play online. Should I try reinstalling the game first ?

1 hour ago, Ultra3142 said:

Maybe try reinstalling the game while you Google for info on how to go about configuring things to get the NAT type to change to 1.

Well that's DMZ in most situations. Some routers have the function in the firewall and some don't.

3 hours ago, Gazaroty said:

My router model is HUAWEI EchoLife DG8045, and I've even tried enabling DMZ as you can see in the photo but nothing different, still can't connect to online services (Not even 100% sure what that is, someone suggested it online).

Screen Shot 2021-04-25 at 8.47.23 PM.png

This looks to all the world like a DMZ (demilitarised zone - no routing or port forwarding active, device is at router Public IP) and if the PS4 WiFi MAC address is that shown, then that should be NAT Type 1.

3 hours ago, Gazaroty said:

Not sure what that means to be honest. All the other games I've tried seem to be working fine online, I only have a problem with F1. Moreover, all my friends who play F1 in the same city as me don't seem to be facing the same problems either. All in all, it's driving me crazy not knowing where the problems are.

I don't think my router allows me to forward ports to F1, as it appears on the photos, I have no way of adding F1's connection ports. Any other solutions other than port forwarding ?1386955650_ScreenShot2021-04-25at8_39_36PM.thumb.png.d1c00418fe2d043c79eef3f21b9c42b0.png893947085_ScreenShot2021-04-25at8_39_09PM.thumb.png.f9075b197221338acd1f46954971d446.png

'Add port mapping application' is where you would start - standard services and port ranges will be listed e.g. http over port 80 etc. You'd probably have to use 'other' and start to build a PF rule (Device Network name or MAC, TCP/UDP/Both, Port number or range) and you'd need to add as many as you need to open all the required ports.

Again, with routers it's very much a RTFM situation.

12 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

Well that's DMZ in most situations. Some routers have the function in the firewall and some don't.

I'm pleased to say I've yet to find myself in a situation where being able to understand that would matter 😀.

My PS5 shows NAT 2 and works BTW, and I think my PS4 showed the same.

Just now, Ultra3142 said:

I'm pleased to say I've yet to find myself in a situation where being able to understand that would matter 😀.

My PS5 shows NAT 2 and works BTW, and I think my PS4 showed the same.

Then you're normal / lucky. NAT 2 is an Open NAT if PF is applied correctly. I have a PNH1 and a HH5 and they worked for me. Crazy coincidence? 🙂

Just to update everyone. I have reinstalled the game and downloaded the new update (version 1.18) and still nothing has changed. If anyone has an idea on how to save me from going insane, I'd love to hear from you and I'm willing to try almost anything. Would love to hear from Codemasters tech support. 

11 minutes ago, Gazaroty said:

Just to update everyone. I have reinstalled the game and downloaded the new update (version 1.18) and still nothing has changed. If anyone has an idea on how to save me from going insane, I'd love to hear from you and I'm willing to try almost anything. Would love to hear from Codemasters tech support. 

Have you consulted the user manual or your ISP to learn how to configure your router? 

1 hour ago, steviejay69 said:

Have you consulted the user manual or your ISP to learn how to configure your router? 

No but I have contacted my service provider who told me that my router doesn't allow "advanced configuration" for port forwarding. So I cannot put the information necessary to connect to the game's ports. 

52 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Is a wired solution possible, even as a test @Gazaroty

I tried that but I got the same results. After I try reconnecting from within the game, I get the message: "Error: Lost connection to Playstation Network". Does anyone even have an idea of where the problem is ? My other games are working fine and my friends who play F1 online in the same city as me don't face any of the same problems. 

Archived