Jump to content Jump to content

Cannot connect to online services

Gazaroty

14 minutes ago, Gazaroty said:

No but I have contacted my service provider who told me that my router doesn't allow "advanced configuration" for port forwarding. So I cannot put the information necessary to connect to the game's ports. 

The screenshot you showed certainly looked as if it would. Who is the ISP?

I managed to find this. Someone is being untruthful.

DG8045 Datasheet 04.pdf

7 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Have you done a network reset on the PS4 at all @Gazaroty.

Can you connect to the weekly events at all, and log a time in TT as well.

Not sure how to do a network reset, but I have tried to connect using two other routers/wifi, as well as a wired connection. I cannot do any online activities all, it seems the problem is that the game itself cannot register that I am signed in to PSN (as it appears on the photo when I try to sign up to Racenet). Once I sign into my PSN account, I launch the game but it never seems to register that I am already signed into my PSN account, it keeps repeating the same messages.

PSN Connection.jpg

• Administrator

I'm guessing this could be a firewall problem maybe. You, for sure, have a PS Plus account and a active membership? Sorry, have to ask. 

If you google 'PS4 Network Reset', there's plenty of handy guides. Als, adding your PSN ID may be useful as I can check if there any issues on your account in our Online Services.

31 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

I'm guessing this could be a firewall problem maybe. You, for sure, have a PS Plus account and a active membership? Sorry, have to ask. 

If you google 'PS4 Network Reset', there's plenty of handy guides.

Yes my PSN account is a************ and I just bought the PS Plus subscription on Saturday (exclusively for F1). I've tried restoring my PS4 to its default settings but nothing changed yet again. Any other suggestions please ? 

• Administrator

This may be useful @Gazarotyhttps://thedroidguy.com/fix-ps4-internet-connection-problems-wont-connect-1130705#:~:text= What to do if your PS4 has,sure that you reboot your PS4... More

There's no history of your account being valid on our Online Services. Can you connect to other games that need a PS Plus subscription? Can you provide proof?

EDIT: I've hidden your account name for GDPR purposes. I have a copy externally

4 minutes ago, Gazaroty said:

Yes my PSN account is alygazara and I just bought the PS Plus subscription on Saturday (exclusively for F1). I've tried restoring my PS4 to its default settings but nothing changed yet again. Any other suggestions please ? 

Maybe try a factory reset of your router. I can't believe they would send it out in a state where services did not work. The ISP would lose customers in droves. There will be a 'pin' reset method. I suggest you try that but first be sure you have your ISP username and password plus your existing WiFi name and passphrase.

On 4/25/2021 at 2:15 PM, Gazaroty said:

I cannot connect to online services at all, although I can sign into my PSN account and play other games online, it is clear the problem lies within the F1 2020 game.

Which other games have you played online? I'm just asking as free games like Fortnite don't require a PS+ subscription and so could be giving a misleading picture of what is working...

5 minutes ago, CrewHawk said:

Hi Guys, I've been experiencing this same issue. I can't connect to any online lobbies. I get TT's fine and have been playing this game since it came out. I'm in leagues and have never had issues joining any lobbies. I'm located near Chicago and usually play with leagues in the UK. Nothing has changed in my system at home. I'm wired and have solid connection, I've set the port forwarding for PS, but I've never needed to do this before. I can also connect to other online gaming servers fine (i.e. Fornite EU server was not an issue to connect to)  I attempted to connect to an invite from a Australian league and have not been able to connect to ranked, unranked or an invite since. I'm not saying that was what caused my issue just giving the info. I have been able to connect in the past to any lobby without fail and now days without being able to connect. Can you check my PSN as well to see if there could be an issue of some sorts? I love this game and its killing me. Please Help.

Why would you set PF rules for PS4 if you never needed to before?

It's a kind of internet-received wisdom. People read stuff on Reddit, decide 'me too' and blindly copy whatever life hack worked for someone else who was clueless.

It's really becoming incredibly frustrating.

6 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

Which other games have you played online? I'm just asking as free games like Fortnite don't require a PS+ subscription and so could be giving a misleading picture of what is working...

12 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

This may be useful @Gazarotyhttps://thedroidguy.com/fix-ps4-internet-connection-problems-wont-connect-1130705#:~:text= What to do if your PS4 has,sure that you reboot your PS4... More

There's no history of your account being valid on our Online Services. Can you connect to other games that need a PS Plus subscription? Can you provide proof?

At this point, I really wish the issue was that simple and I'm just an idiot who isn't connected to the internet and/or PS Plus and keeps complaining.

Unfortunately, this isn't the case as far as I know. If you take a look at these pictures, they will show you I have access to Fifa Ultimate Team (which requires a PS Plus Subscription), and that I am connected to my EA account via Fifa and the last photo is my PS Plus Subscription which is valid and in use. 

Also, I think there is no history of my account being valid on F1 because I've never played online since I bought it, I only tried recently. Furthermore, I haven't tried signing up to Racenet except a few days ago when I decided to try F1 online. I've bought the game a while back but I was only playing career and My Team. 

Fifa.jpg

Fifa 2.jpg

PS Plus.jpg

2 minutes ago, Gazaroty said:

At this point, I really wish the issue was that simple and I'm just an idiot who isn't connected to the internet and/or PS Plus and keeps complaining.

I was just trying to rule out a fault with your PS+ account, not suggesting you were an idiot :classic_smile:.

1 minute ago, Ultra3142 said:

I was just trying to rule out a fault with your PS+ account, not suggesting you were an idiot :classic_smile:.

Yeah man, I understand. Thank you for everything you've been really invested in my issues and I appreciate that a lot ! I was only saying that I really wish the issues I was facing were as simple as that.

4 hours ago, Gazaroty said:

Yes my PSN account is a************ and I just bought the PS Plus subscription on Saturday (exclusively for F1). I've tried restoring my PS4 to its default settings but nothing changed yet again. Any other suggestions please ? 

Which version of F1 2020 do you have? Schumacher or Seventy? Did you buy DLC or the full game?

• Administrator

What do you see when you connect to this @Gazaroty:

https://f1s.codemasters.com/F1OS2020/ServerStatus/ServerStatus.xml

Please add a screenshot of the results here. It does look like there may be some ports that are being blocked here. I've passed onto the network team to take a look, and we've tracked that, from our logs, you were never signed into PSN. See if you can contact the above and let me know what happens.

33 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Please add a screenshot of the results here. It does look like there may be some ports that are being blocked here. I've passed onto the network team to take a look, and we've tracked that, from our logs, you were never signed into PSN. See if you can contact the above and let me know what happens.

To predict a likely question, are you asking @Gazaroty to enter that link in a web-browser on their PS4?

On 4/27/2021 at 1:57 PM, BarryBL said:

Same result in both cases. It shows that "game services are down for maintenance".

Screen Shot 2021-04-29 at 3.19.55 AM.png

ps4.jpg

On 4/27/2021 at 12:57 PM, BarryBL said:

TBH I just get the XML saying "This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below."

Then it shows the file content. I believe it should show a html file based on the connectivity result and the correct error message by language if connectivity is not established. I recall a thread where it did work correctly.

Archived