Bug Reporting - PLEASE FOLLOW RULES AND COMPLETE REPORTS Read more... ×
PC Forum Championship Season 4 F1 2020 | Sign Up Here Read more... ×
F1 2021 | BETA | Details and how to Apply Here Read more... ×

BETA 2021 | Taking Applications Now

13 hours ago, Nightfire1964 said:

apply with the platform your currently on is what i would recommend when would you think of changing platform

Ok, Thank you! My birthday is at the end of May so it is quite a predicament. It is only going from one gen of Xbox to the newer one, I'm sure that if I get chosen for Xbox One I could test it perfectly fine.

2 minutes ago, Blond5828 said:

Ok, Thank you! My birthday is at the end of May so it is quite a predicament. It is only going from one gen of Xbox to the newer one, I'm sure that if I get chosen for Xbox One I could test it perfectly fine.

Oh if that's the case you should be fine I think if you do have problems and your on the beta message Barrybl he should be able to help if you have a problem

2 minutes ago, Nightfire1964 said:

Oh if that's the case you should be fine I think if you do have problems and your on the beta message Barrybl he should be able to help if you have a problem

Okay, thanks for helping me 🙂

Posted (edited)

@SERTACkratepe and me signed up for Beta 2021 on PS4. We're testing for our planned two-player career.

Last year i was part of the beta team and i hope i can get the chance to help you again.

@BarryBL

Edited by oner7

19 hours ago, Nightfire1964 said:

oui tant que les gens ont tout rempli et accepté la NDA, alors n'importe qui a une chance d'être choisi

The NDA Are the conditions to be accepted?

@BarryBL 

I hope to be taken and to know really everyone will be able to participate. In any case, I can't wait to know if I'm caught!

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, DRmaxi1234 said:

yes you should have read them and accepted their terms. also not everyone gets accepted.

Edited by Nightfire1964

1 hour ago, DRmaxi1234 said:

Yes or your application will not count. This information is critical as it covers important information. Please read.

• Agree 2

On 4/29/2021 at 5:13 PM, Nightfire1964 said:

tbc once applications are closed then it will be like a week or 2 when emails are sent out to people who have got in 

multiplayer has always been part of testing in the beta

I don't remember that in previous betas there was a multiplayer available right from the start.

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, tYsU said:

I don't remember that in previous betas there was a multiplayer available right from the start.

I could be wrong from memory but I was sure multiplayer was available from the start

Edited by Nightfire1964

My application is in - hoping to get into the beta again after I did multiplayer last year 😊

Register Done, hope to be selected like last year 👍

I never been tested any Beta but hope this could be my first! Im so hyped.

I just want to do this post to say a massive thanks to the development team and the managers (Codemasters in general and the forums) for giving everyone the opportunity on applying for a beta test in their currently work-in-progress game F1®️ 2021. ❤️

I have been looking into beta testing the Codemasters games since the F1®️ 2019 videogame, and despite that is being quite recent, it is worth a try.

It is very cheerful to see lots of people want to apply on this with their hopes to be in. Of course though, you're not receiving much of the beta game as of a common thing of the beta versions of the Formula One games; they're using the FOM chassis only, a few tracks and possibly lots of unpatched glitches out there. The main point of being a beta tester is not on "play and that's it". You also need to keep updated the developers if there is any glitch, bug or something that was not supposed to happen. Although reporting that's not only your job, the one who finds the most glitches or bugs isn't the point -- it isn't a competition and will not benefit you in anyway.

Basically, the main job of a beta tester is the following:

• Test out the main, new or any features from the game, also the already included ones. You need to check up if everything is all right. You need to be active during the beta test period. Not necessarily 24/7 (I think there is a limit but I might have dreamed this months ago?), but you're just not going to give it ago for a day, then not touching it. You're probably going to be instructed by the managers/developers to do some testing as well at some point.
  • If you find a glitch, a bug or something which wasn't supposed to happen, report it to the developers. However, don't be a "glitch-hunter" -- the game is in their beta stages, as there are probably bugs they are already aware of. Being the one who finds the most will not benefit you. This could also stress the devs as well.
  • Keep everything private. By that, you MUST NOT provide for anyone, including your friends, any screenshots or information of the game.
  • Give feedback. This would help the developers on improving the game. Just don't be too spammy on it -- they already got work to do.

There are other points I could provide, but these are the ones I find important. I've worked with a few small developers as a beta tester and that was the experience I had (however, I never worked as beta tester for Codemasters at the moment).

So then, why am I saying this? There are several people that just wants to apply because they just want early access into the game -- and that is not your job as a beta tester. There are already people aware of how it is being a beta tester, making this post a bit pointless, but I have seen lots of people just applying because they just want to play and have fun -- and I mean yeah, you're supposed to play, but that as I said, is not your goal. Although if you have experience and you already actknowledge this; you got no problem at all.

Good luck to everyone, and again, thanks for the opportunity. I apologize for my broken English too.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

5 minutes ago, Wob said:

I just want to do this post to say a massive thanks to the development team and the managers (Codemasters in general and the forums) for giving everyone the opportunity on applying for a beta test in their currently work-in-progress game F1®️ 2021. ❤️

I have been looking into beta testing the Codemasters games since the F1®️ 2019 videogame, and despite that is being quite recent, it is worth a try.

It is very cheerful to see lots of people want to apply on this with their hopes to be in. Of course though, you're not receiving much of the beta game as of a common thing of the beta versions of the Formula One games; they're using the FOM chassis only, a few tracks and possibly lots of unpatched glitches out there. The main point of being a beta tester is not on "play and that's it". You also need to keep updated the developers if there is any glitch, bug or something that was not supposed to happen. Although reporting that's not only your job, the one who finds the most glitches or bugs isn't the point -- it isn't a competition and will not benefit you in anyway.

Basically, the main job of a beta tester is the following:

• Test out the main, new or any features from the game, also the already included ones. You need to check up if everything is all right. You need to be active during the beta test period. Not necessarily 24/7 (I think there is a limit but I might have dreamed this months ago?), but you're just not going to give it ago for a day, then not touching it. You're probably going to be instructed by the managers/developers to do some testing as well at some point.
  • If you find a glitch, a bug or something which wasn't supposed to happen, report it to the developers. However, don't be a "glitch-hunter" -- the game is in their beta stages, as there are probably bugs they are already aware of. Being the one who finds the most will not benefit you. This could also stress the devs as well.
  • Keep everything private. By that, you MUST NOT provide for anyone, including your friends, any screenshots or information of the game.
  • Give feedback. This would help the developers on improving the game. Just don't be too spammy on it -- they already got work to do.

There are other points I could provide, but these are the ones I find important. I've worked with a few small developers as a beta tester and that was the experience I had (however, I never worked as beta tester for Codemasters at the moment).

So then, why am I saying this? There are several people that just wants to apply because they just want early access into the game -- and that is not your job as a beta tester. There are already people aware of how it is being a beta tester, making this post a bit pointless, but I have seen lots of people just applying because they just want to play and have fun -- and I mean yeah, you're supposed to play, but that as I said, is not your goal. Although if you have experience and you already actknowledge this; you got no problem at all.

Good luck to everyone, and again, thanks for the opportunity. I apologize for my broken English too.

Very good summary of what comes to look at beta testing, and your English is perfectly fine don’t worry about that😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

i am pumped to finally be able to do some f1 2021 beta testing thankyou codemasters

Anxious to see if a 2020 problem has been fixed, drivers who do not leave the box for a quick second lap in the qualifier. @BarryBL

Posted (edited)

Just applied for the beta test! F1 2020 was my first game and it has been a blast and so much fun to play. It allowed me to meet many great people in the community of F1 as well as race competitively with other people as well. The single player career was also brilliant with all the managment and racing. It does have some flaws as well as multiplayer but it's still one of the best racing games I've played! I hope that I get the chance to test the game and help the developers make another amazing game that everyone can enjoy.

Edited by Kikrlin

15 minutes ago, Xoazu said:

@PyramiDy are we late? Let's try, maybe we can test some 100% 2p career

No, closing date for the applications is 10/05/2021, 2pm BST. You can still apply.