Jump to content Jump to content

So, F1 2021 has been announced, but...

...but that was nearly two weeks ago. Hey Codies, what about showing us some in game footage? Let us see a car rendered with 2021 floor and 2021 textures, driving through a circuit we did not see yet, or at least through an overworked circuit in "next gen" graphics? Let us see a short sequence of the new story mode, or how AI reacts differently than in the current game? I mean, if we dont get to see anything, how are we supposed to order and stuff? It is only 80 days left until release, so I would suppose you have something more to reveal than just a feature list and still graphics with narration in a short clip - or have you?

The thing I am most interested in is whether there are enhancements to the Career modes, the reputation system in 2019 is much better than the acclaim system to me. I'm hoping we will get more info as time passes

FWIW, last year the first gameplay footage was released on 30 April.

There is no need for Codemasters to rush to show anything of course, and only doing so gradually probably makes sense to build interest. Be patient :classic_smile:. It makes no difference if you pre-order the game tomorrow or in 9 weeks time.

• Agree 1
47 minutes ago, Schneehase said:

...but that was nearly two weeks ago. Hey Codies, what about showing us some in game footage? Let us see a car rendered with 2021 floor and 2021 textures, driving through a circuit we did not see yet, or at least through an overworked circuit in "next gen" graphics? Let us see a short sequence of the new story mode, or how AI reacts differently than in the current game? I mean, if we dont get to see anything, how are we supposed to order and stuff? It is only 80 days left until release, so I would suppose you have something more to reveal than just a feature list and still graphics with narration in a short clip - or have you?

This Thursday/Friday probably showing the Portimão GP, make sense because last year a Zandvoort gameplay was released in the same weekend of the GP.
12-13 May
6-7 June

Edited by Paradox53

If we're speculating, my guess will be that the first track footage we'll see will be of Monaco, to show off non-FPS related graphical improvements.

(I'm guessing Portimao isn't in a state they'd want to show or it would be more likely to be being included in the launch game but I'd love to be proved wrong.)

• Like 2
10 hours ago, Schneehase said:

Post-release content. It would be foolish to show it at this stage as people would cry "false advertising".

9 hours ago, Ultra3142 said:

FWIW, last year the first gameplay footage was released on 30 April.

There is no need for Codemasters to rush to show anything of course, and only doing so gradually probably makes sense to build interest. Be patient :classic_smile:. It makes no difference if you pre-order the game tomorrow or in 9 weeks time.

Absolutely agree. Although there are 11 weeks plus to order 😉

• Agree 1

i would wish they focus on making it good and not be bombarded with people asking for gameplay as that just enforces them to possibly crunch was watching a really interesting video summing up crunch in game developing and one of the massive factors is fans asking for a release date or wanting to see gameplay. when the time is right for codies i'm sure they will show gameplay you just have got to wait patiently 

• Agree 3
  • 3 weeks later...

So, it has been a month since the announcement, and we have not seen any in game pictures, or any game footage whatsoever.

As someone mentioned above, last year they released footage April 30th, and last year was pandemic chaos mind you. Since BarryBL also stated it would take some more time to get people into the beta, all this does not look like they were ahead of their shedule. Not that I cant wait, I am happy to play F1 2020 still - just sayin^^

I would not mind seeing a lap here or there or some 1 min footage of story mode or from improved myteam mode, a screeny of the new lobby design or whatever. Dont suppose that they put this all together within the remaining weeks until release, do they.

16 hours ago, Schneehase said:

So, it has been a month since the announcement, and we have not seen any in game pictures, or any game footage whatsoever.

As someone mentioned above, last year they released footage April 30th, and last year was pandemic chaos mind you. Since BarryBL also stated it would take some more time to get people into the beta, all this does not look like they were ahead of their shedule. Not that I cant wait, I am happy to play F1 2020 still - just sayin^^

I would not mind seeing a lap here or there or some 1 min footage of story mode or from improved myteam mode, a screeny of the new lobby design or whatever. Dont suppose that they put this all together within the remaining weeks until release, do they.

Going on previous gameplay events and such E3 is probably the best time for them or some private event somewhere in Germany as they will want to make a big song and dance about it. I reckon you'll see a hotlap though sometime soon.

Just now, GunDeviLnl said:

Offtopic.. could someone explaine those red hands on the profile pictures who some memers are having

They indicate new members. (It tells you if you mouse over the symbol, which is the only reason I know.)

20 hours ago, Schneehase said:

Personally don’t there’s too much to worry about. I had similar reservations last year with how late it felt before we heard and saw news but everything was fine in the end. I know it’s been near on a month before the initial reveal but really feel like we’ll see some gameplay in the next week or so. 

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Sector4 said:

Apart from the game being a glitchy, almost unplayable mess for the first month or so. 

As the post you quoted showed, whether this was someone's personal experience will depend on what they did with the game. The only early bug I remember directly experiencing was the one relating to the PS4 TT leaderboard that was quicky fixed with an update. Other bugs were absolutely real but be aware that for many the game was not even remotely 'unplayable'.

Edited by Ultra3142
  • Like 1

I had a bug where in MP when someone joins or leaves, this "communicating to online services" blocks the screen and puts all drivers in AI. Luckily it was fixed within the first month.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Sector4 said:

Apart from the game being a glitchy, almost unplayable mess for the first month or so. 

I'm worried about the lack of gameplay so far. 

I definitely don’t remember it being that bad on release? Hardly cyberpunk levels of buggy or unplayable, maybe a few teething issues that were fixed pretty quickly but the game was definitely playable from what I remember. 

I wouldn’t worry too much, there’s definitely builds of the game out there that the developers have been running, plus the beta is on the way as well. If they’d announced there wasn’t a beta this year and we’d not seen any footage at all then I might have been more concerned.

I’m sure gameplay footage will come soon enough, last year the main gameplay trailer came on 12th May and 2019s trailer on 20th May, around 7 weeks before 2020s release plus almost 5 weeks before 2019s release, granted last year we did get a few other short hotlap videos prior to that but I get your concern we’ve not had that this year.  Either way we definitely must be due another trailer very soon if we go by the pattern of last year and the year before. Could potentially see something later this afternoon potentially with it being the 20th plus the Monaco GP weekend. Guess we’ll see. 

Edited by stephensmattlee
  • Agree 1
1 hour ago, Sector4 said:

I would call constant crashing unplayable. 

So would I but this was far from the universal experience, as the multiple replies here demonstrates. Your experience is one of many.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, stephensmattlee said:

I definitely don’t remember it being that bad on release? Hardly cyberpunk levels of buggy or unplayable, maybe a few teething issues that were fixed pretty quickly but the game was definitely playable from what I remember. 

I wouldn’t worry too much, there’s definitely builds of the game out there that the developers have been running, plus the beta is on the way as well. If they’d announced there wasn’t a beta this year and we’d not seen any footage at all then I might have been more concerned.

I’m sure gameplay footage will come soon enough, last year the main gameplay trailer came on 12th May and 2019s trailer on 20th May, around 7 weeks before 2020s release plus almost 5 weeks before 2019s release, granted last year we did get a few other short hotlap videos prior to that but I get your concern we’ve not had that this year.  Either way we definitely must be due another trailer very soon if we go by the pattern of last year and the year before. Could potentially see something later this afternoon potentially with it being the 20th plus the Monaco GP weekend. Guess we’ll see. 

I myself didn't encounter much crashing either (on PC), it was usually minor bugs like textures missing or getting blurry from time to time (and a restart usually fixed it). The game was far from any mess that I would deemed unplayable like Cyberpunk or even some NFS titles like Shift. The worst bug I've encountered was the game crashed after finishing a race which made me had to start all over, but I've only encountered it less than 5 times this whole year. 

Though being said, I only play MyTeam so may be other game modes had more issues?

Edited by DRTApophis
  • Agree 1