Jump to content Jump to content

Cannot connect to online services

CrewHawk

Hi Guys, I've been experiencing this same issue. I can't connect to any online lobbies. I get TT's fine and have been playing this game since it came out. I'm in leagues and have never had issues joining any lobbies. I'm located near Chicago and usually play with leagues in the UK. Nothing has changed in my system at home. I'm wired and have solid connection, I've set the port forwarding for PS, but I've never needed to do this before. I can also connect to other online gaming servers fine (i.e. Fornite EU server was not an issue to connect to)  I attempted to connect to an invite from a Australian league and have not been able to connect to ranked, unranked or an invite since. I'm not saying that was what caused my issue just giving the info. I have been able to connect in the past to any lobby without fail and now days without being able to connect. Can you check my PSN as well to see if there could be an issue of some sorts? I love this game and its killing me. Please Help.

• Administrator
13 hours ago, CrewHawk said:

Hi Guys, I've been experiencing this same issue. I can't connect to any online lobbies. I get TT's fine and have been playing this game since it came out. I'm in leagues and have never had issues joining any lobbies. I'm located near Chicago and usually play with leagues in the UK. Nothing has changed in my system at home. I'm wired and have solid connection, I've set the port forwarding for PS, but I've never needed to do this before. I can also connect to other online gaming servers fine (i.e. Fornite EU server was not an issue to connect to)  I attempted to connect to an invite from a Australian league and have not been able to connect to ranked, unranked or an invite since. I'm not saying that was what caused my issue just giving the info. I have been able to connect in the past to any lobby without fail and now days without being able to connect. Can you check my PSN as well to see if there could be an issue of some sorts? I love this game and its killing me. Please Help. 

@CrewHawk I believe your issue is different, as the OP has never played before. Please create a separate thread and complete a bug report.

https://forums.codemasters.com/announcement/38-want-to-report-an-issue-have-a-bug-to-report-please-look-here-first/

• A detailed description of the issue.  

I am unable to join any online lobbies, including Ranked, Unranked and invites from friends as well. When attempting to join the lobby the screen will say joining session for approx. 60 seconds and then say Error- failed to join session. No code is given. I have been active on this game since it was released and have not experienced issues with connecting to lobbies. My PS subscription is valid, my internet has all been tested/reset along with my PS. Wires have been switched. I also uninstalled and reinstalled the game itself. I have gone through the basics and am at a total loss. To my knowledge nothing has been changed within my system at all. I am simply blocked or just unable to connect to the servers. I am able to game online in other games and am certain my connection is stable. Please offer assistance to help me get back to racing, Thank you.

***UPDATE: It must be a problem with my profile on your server. I made a new play station plus account and user on my console for my wife, using the same console and internet connection I was able to immediately access ranked and unranked sessions with the new account. I really have no idea how my account would be held/banned, I only league race and play the Ai modes within the game.   

• Platform

PS4 (latest software updated)

• What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 

1.18 updated 4/26/2021 (problem was present during 1.17 as well for the last 2 days)

• Ranked/Unranked/Leagues

Ranked and Unranked including invites from friends

• Wired or Wireless Connection?

Wired

• The amount of players in your session?

17 were able to join the first time I experienced the fail to join on an invite

I have not been able to join multiple invites from different friends on different days that had 5-10 other who could join no problem

• Were you the host?

No

• Did this issue happens for everyone in the session, just some people or just yourself? What did they see?

Only myself had the issue, everyone else was able to join with no issue on every session.

• We need to be able to make your problem happen internally so we can fix the issue. Can you make the problem happen again?

Yes, it is happening every time I attempt to join any online session

• How do you make the problem happen?

Attempt to join any online session through invite or selection of open unranked or ranked lobby options.

• Can you add a report code. How to find this is in Main Menu > Game Options > Settings > 16 digit code in the bottom left of the screen. Please make sure that this is the code from the session you had the issue in. Adding report codes from as many users in your session as possible would be really helpful here.

KHXX-XRSK-GKTJ-MVKV (this was my last attempt to join a ranked lobby)

• Video of the issue, including timestamps. Did you stream the session?

Session was not streamed, 

Thank you for investigating my issue, this is a great game and I'm missing it for sure. 

@BarryBLHi Barry, appreciate you looking into this. 

PSN in the reason edit for GDPR protection

I did try port forwarding with no luck. I've since removed the PF rules on my router. I created a completely separate user on my console and signed up for a one month PS+ subscription and am able to get lobbied in Ranked/Unranked instantly. 

The first time i noticed the issue was when i tried to join up the Aussie league and then from then on i wasn't able to join anything online even from known friends that I play with all the time in UK. Yesterday when I tried to join my UK friends they said my name appeared but I never fully connected, my screen only showed the joining session screen for about 60 sec and then gives error failed to join session (no code). I have not tried to join them with my new account yet but the new one gets me into Ranked/Unranked. 

other trouble shooting included, hard resets to everything, changing wires out, logging in and out of PSN, set up on a different TV

• Administrator
1 minute ago, CrewHawk said:

@BarryBL I can not join Ranked or Unranked from the current account. About 2 min wait for the error message I did get a video but it won’t let me attach it. I can go live on YouTube to broadcast it if that would help you to see it.  

Can you record on YouTube and send a video link?

@BarryBL HI Barry, I just wanted to check to see if you needed other info from me. I see my post is marked "awaiting bug report". I do have the bug report filled out and attached above, but if you need anything else from my end please let me know. 

Did my PSN come back with no issues my subscription is valid until this December?

Also, I was able to join in a multiplayer invite from my UK friends on the 2nd account I have just created and was able to play with no issues. I have also done a reset to defaults on my Playstation just so no privacy settings or anything like that could be an issue. Please let me know and I do appreciate the help. 

• Administrator

Thanks for the feedback @CrewHawk. Can you join all unranked sessions with your second account? Also, can you send me the PSN names of both accounts please, stating which is working fine and which is not. We've seen this elsewhere, and I'll speak to the developers on a update.

@BarryBL I have had no issue joining on Ranked and Unranked (open and invite) with the 2nd PSN account. Thank you again for your attention to this. PSN accounts below. 

The one that is working (Account 2) PSN: in bug report

The original account that is not able to access online lobbies (Account 1) PSN: in bug report

*note for Account 1* all TT's load fine for world leaderboards and friends times and set ups. 

Archived