Jump to content
Bug Reporting - PLEASE FOLLOW RULES AND COMPLETE REPORTS Read more... ×
F1 2021 | BETA | Details and how to Apply Here Read more... ×

[PS4] Crash after 1.18 - CE-34878-0

Recommended Posts

38 minutes ago, Raymond116 said:

Ive had this it seems either some of the Liverys or Uniforms are still causing problems , go to customisations and change either you Livery to a standard one or change your uniform , then play Its  still happening CM!! 1.18 patch didnt fix it all

I thought it was issues with My Team saves that were linked with livery and clothing choices? That's completely different to what's being discussed on this thread, which appears to be a new issue associated with the 1.18 patch.

 

 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Deleted, re-downloaded the game, reinstalled in internal drive, original, and managed 3 races before getting the boot. Same error code.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/29/2021 at 2:58 PM, BarryBL said:

Hi Barry,

I have initialised my ps4 as per your link's suggestion but I am still getting same error.

See my revised bug report below:

  • Since updating game to v1.18 I can no longer play online 25% races. My ps4 would shut down the game after I press advance after the qualy session. Ps4 would show error CE-34878-0 after game has been shut down and send me back to playstation home screen.
  • PS4
  • V1.18
  • Ranked Online Multiplayer 25%
  • Yes i have replicated the error 7 times. After restarting the game, i again go and join online ranked lobbies. I complete my qualifying session, press advance and the ps4 will shut down the game showing same error code.
  • I press advance after qualifying session. Though i have also allowed the game to time me out by not pressing advance and same error occurs.
  • As suggested, I have initialised my ps4 and reinstalled the game and patch. Error still occurs after advancing online qualy.
  • PS4 controller
  • Video attached of error being reoccurring after ps4 initialisation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I reset my character and livery to default today.  I had about 3 complete races before the error code showed up. Details from my "bug" report remained unchanged otherwise. 

Adding... The online portion of the game is almost unplayable now. I'll certainly be reconsidering 2021 if this doesn't get fixed quickly. 

 

Edited by TrovaMB
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • The game keeps crashing every second or so online race. The issue also occurs randomly in solo mode. However since the most recent patch the game crash is happening very often every other online race. What happens is I will take part in one race, then on the second or third online race the game will crash. This seems to happen when its supposedly loading for the race (qualifiers no problem) after or during the save and waiting/load icons once the session is launched. PS4 reports it as a CE-34878-0 error
  • PS4
  • 1.18
  • Ranked
  • Wired
  • Varies
  • No
  • I do not know as it crashes to the blue screen
  • Yes by simply taking part in online races without leaving any session.
  • By simply taking part in online races back to back without leaving any session.
  • PJSJ-XJEB-SKRS-CKSP
  • No, but I may have clip from the ps4 error reporting system

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello

I'm having the same issue since update to 1.18:

- PS4 Error code CE-34878-0

- Platform PS4

- Version 1.18

- Ranked Multiplayer Online 25% and/or 5 laps

- Problem occurs after qualifying moving to race session

- Game crashed 11 times as of today and even 3 times in a row.

- no troubleshooting as game closes and takes me to ps4 home screen after closing error screen.

- after the error ability points are reduced of 10 units each time

- after the error looks more difficult to find new sessions. 

- Logitech G923 wheel

- error message reported each time

- Livery: sfumatura ambrata (in italian)

- Helmet: strisce (in italian)

- Suit: corazza (in italian)

- Gloves: mainframe (in italian)

 

Edited by mikakatzi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Exact same issue with ps4 online ranked crashing after quali. Changing suit, car or badge to a standard one doesnt seems to fix the issue at all for me :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Where would I find this code? When the error happens I get dumped out of the game. 

Can you not undo patch 1.18 and go back to 1.17?

Basic concept.. If a programming change is causing issues take out the change and go back to what was working until you figure out the problem. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/3/2021 at 9:21 AM, mikakatzi said:

Hello

I'm having the same issue since update to 1.18:

- PS4 Error code CE-34878-0

- Platform PS4

- Version 1.18

- Ranked Multiplayer Online 25% and/or 5 laps

- Problem occurs after qualifying moving to race session

- Game crashed 11 times as of today and even 3 times in a row.

- no troubleshooting as game closes and takes me to ps4 home screen after closing error screen.

- after the error ability points are reduced of 10 units each time

- after the error looks more difficult to find new sessions. 

- Logitech G923 wheel

- error message reported each time

- Livery: sfumatura ambrata (in italian)

- Helmet: strisce (in italian)

- Suit: corazza (in italian)

- Gloves: mainframe (in italian)

 

I have the same issue but its in my team

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Mathijs009 said:

I have the same issue but its in my team

Please check my recommended post for what we need and information. Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, BarryBL said:

Hi everyone, 

Big thanks to @AVAlesi02 for the bug report. We need as many like this as possible for information to pass to the developers. Can you all who haven't added a bug report please complete a report (a video is a great help too), and we also need a 16 digit report code. These are found in Game Options > Settings > Bottom Left of the screen.

20210504112155_1.jpg

Example is above. This, and the bug reports, will help us track any issues and we can then begin to attempt replication.

 

55 minutes ago, TrovaMB said:

Where would I find this code? When the error happens I get dumped out of the game. 

Can you not undo patch 1.18 and go back to 1.17?

Basic concept.. If a programming change is causing issues take out the change and go back to what was working until you figure out the problem. 

 

Hi Barry,

No problem at all I'm glad I can help.

I tried to replicate the error this morning to give you report code.

I could not find report code in the online lobby settings screen as per your screenshot but found it when pausing the game during my qualy flying lap.

Funnily enough I was able to complete 5 online qualy sessions and races without any issues. However I wonder if it is because I paused the game to get the report code each time. Not sure if this info is of any use for you and your team. TrovaMB could you try pausing the game while your on your online qualy lap just to rule out that it was a coincidence.

In any case please find attached report code for your use and the video via the powerpoint file showing error not occurring after pausing the game during online qualy lap and game successfully loading the race screen.

P.S Apologies if the following sentence does not conform to your forum rules but is there any chance you add a feature to ban people who brake check and take others out of a race or updating your kick system in your next patch? Incredibly frustrating when your competitor doesn't allow you overtake cleanly and just wants to damage your front wing and when returning to the lobby not enough people vote to kick them out. 

20210504_163845.jpg

PS4_v1.18_error_not_occuring.pptx

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another one to put on to the stack. I'm buggered since patch 1.18, can't play online ranked. 

 

  • Blue screen error CE-34878-0 when playing ranked multiplayer, happening every time after the qualifiers. 
  • PS4
  • 1.18
  • Ranked
  • Wireless
  • Doesn't matter
  • No host
  • This issue happens only to me (and the rest of the people in this thread). Games goes black and to error screen. 
  • The problem is happening every single time. Deleted and reinstalled the whole game, no help. 
  • Ranked multiplayer - right after finishing qualifiers
  • SBVM-JTHG-THJA-HBEG (not a code after the error occured)
  • No video
Edited by Rubbertje
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AVAlesi02 said:

 

Hi Barry,

No problem at all I'm glad I can help.

I tried to replicate the error this morning to give you report code.

I could not find report code in the online lobby settings screen as per your screenshot but found it when pausing the game during my qualy flying lap.

Funnily enough I was able to complete 5 online qualy sessions and races without any issues. However I wonder if it is because I paused the game to get the report code each time. Not sure if this info is of any use for you and your team. TrovaMB could you try pausing the game while your on your online qualy lap just to rule out that it was a coincidence.

In any case please find attached report code for your use and the video via the powerpoint file showing error not occurring after pausing the game during online qualy lap and game successfully loading the race screen.

P.S Apologies if the following sentence does not conform to your forum rules but is there any chance you add a feature to ban people who brake check and take others out of a race or updating your kick system in your next patch? Incredibly frustrating when your competitor doesn't allow you overtake cleanly and just wants to damage your front wing and when returning to the lobby not enough people vote to kick them out. 

20210504_163845.jpg

PS4_v1.18_error_not_occuring.pptx

Oh sorry and in addition, I did not change any of my character customisation or car livery customisation and was able to race with my multiplayer car.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TrovaMB said:

Where would I find this code? When the error happens I get dumped out of the game. 

Can you not undo patch 1.18 and go back to 1.17?

Basic concept.. If a programming change is causing issues take out the change and go back to what was working until you figure out the problem. 

No. Steam only updates the game if auto-updates is enabled or the user manually updates. Same for consoles.

Due to versioning, games with different patch levels aren't compatible online. There is no reversion process.

The only other option is to offer the update as a Steam in-game beta. But the process is not all that simple and it will not accept regular updates until the beta update is opted out again.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Since updating the game to v1.18, I can no longer play ranked online without my ps4 shutting down the game when advancing after the qualy session. PS4 shows error CE-34878-0  and sends me back to playstation home screen. 
  • PS4
  • V1.18
  • Ranked Online Multiplayer 25% and 5 laps
  • Yes i have replicated the error more times than I can remember. After restarting the game, I join online ranked lobbies. I complete my qualifying session, press advance and the ps4 will shut down the game showing same error code.
  • I press advance after qualifying session. Though i have also allowed the game to time me out by not pressing advance and same error occurs.
  • I have not attempted any troubleshoots as ps4 sends me back to playstation home screen. I simply restart the game and rejoin an online lobby and the error will happen again after pressing advance at the end of qualifying.
  • PS4 controller

20210504_102137.jpg

20210504_102022.jpg

  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, gregorio92140 said:

Exact same issue with ps4 online ranked crashing after quali. Changing suit, car or badge to a standard one doesnt seems to fix the issue at all for me 😞

Same here. Can't be bothered to fill oit a bug report as it's the same as everyone else's. Making it unplayable and always happens between qualifying and the race. I only play online mode so haven't checked solo. 

Has anyone had any success yet?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not sure why you reference steam, these issues are ps4 only as far as I can tell from these posts. 

Send out patch 1.19 to everyone then with all the 1.18 changes removed. Ie a relabelled 1.17 patch... 

I will try the pause trick tonight, I do pause during qualifying from time to time and have been able to go multiple races without this crash happening.  Hopefully you're on to something and this will work as a work around. 

 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dears, I have exactly the same issue since update 1.18.

After qualifiying session in ranked 5 laps races, CE-34878-0 appears and crashes my game...so frustrating.

Did already reinstall the game but nothing helped...😞

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×