Jump to content Jump to content

[PS4] Crash after 1.18 - CE-34878-0

Multiplayer is literally unplayable. The game crashes after quali. It just crashed after the first qualifying in multiplayer today. 

Next report code: DKHA-CVKH-HVBA-HBEG. 

It destroys rating, it's not fun to play because every other game crashes. How long do you need to fix it?

• Agree 2
On 5/17/2021 at 3:29 PM, tukkanen said:

Multiplayer is literally unplayable. The game crashes after quali. It just crashed after the first qualifying in multiplayer today. 

It destroys rating, it's not fun to play because every other game crashes. How long do you need to fix it?

It's not up to the community. It's up to the developers and / or first party. It is bugged, replicated and information is being gathered.

• Agree 1
  • A detailed description of the issue.  

The problem occurs at the end of a ranked race or ranked qualification. After clicking "advance" the game crashes. Ps4 would show error CE-34878-0 after game has been shut down and send me back to playstation home screen. This problem happens only in multiplayer in my case, not in singleplayer or customization stuff. The problem also occurred after some victories in the classified and obviously the results were not saved.

• Platform

PS4

• What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 

• Ranked/Unranked/Leagues

Ranked

• Wired or Wireless Connection?

Wireless

• The amount of players in your session?

10-20 players

• Were you the host?

No, I wasn’t

• Did this issue happens for everyone in the session, just some people or just yourself? What did they see?

I don’t know I think they see me withdraw from the session

• We need to be able to make your problem happen internally so we can fix the issue. Can you make the problem happen again?

Yeah of course

• How do you make the problem happen?

Just playing ranked races

• Can you add a report code. How to find this is in Main Menu > Game Options > Settings > 16 digit code in the bottom left of the screen. Please make sure that this is the code from the session you had the issue in. Adding report codes from as many users in your session as possible would be really helpful here.

Mine: TMBM-ETKT-RVTM-PEKG

• Video of the issue, including timestamps. Did you stream the session?

00.00 - 14.30 First Ranked qualy and race (5 laps)

15.50 - 20.00 Second Ranked qualy

20.00 - 20.45 Game crash

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

nothing is going to change guys.. I gave up. I sadly gave up. with PS4. I cannot play 3 ranked games in a row anymore, per day. after the 3rd qualification it crashes, and no more F1 2020 for that day. And since F1 2021 is coming out pretty soon, I would be genuinely suprised if there will be an actual solution for this. How many months has it been now since this problem has been reported by various amount of PS4 users? Please, let me be suprised, and let me be wrong about this. 

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, gussiop said:

nothing is going to change guys.. I gave up. I sadly gave up. with PS4. I cannot play 3 ranked games in a row anymore, per day. after the 3rd qualification it crashes, and no more F1 2020 for that day. And since F1 2021 is coming out pretty soon, I would be genuinely suprised if there will be an actual solution for this. How many months has it been now since this problem has been reported by various amount of PS4 users? Please, let me be suprised, and let me be wrong about this. 

Has it even been a month? For me it varies, sometimes I can races for a couple of hours before the 1st crash, usually it is much sooner though. I can always reboot and start racing again, though there seem to be less and less folks in the lobbies since this bug showed up. I'm pretty confident a fix is in the works over at R&D. Hang in there!

Edited by Fionnlagh
Typo
  • Like 1
22 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Thanks for all the information everyone.

We are working on a initial fix for this. For the less experienced users here, this doesn't guarantee a fix and our current solution is its testing phase internally. We hope to have further updates soon.

🤞🤞

I'm definitely new to this and realize when I 1st arrived in these forums I may been a bit overly critical, my apologies for that. Just know it came from a place of love for the game.

I have a 7 minute video that has the game getting stuck watching the last car in qualifying. All the other cars were invisible as I cycled through the grid. It was a full grid. Only around 5 hung in waiting. Eventually the host migrated and then the crash happened. Unfortunately the video ends before the crash. Does this video sound like something that could be useful? I'm happy to upload it to YouTube if so.

• Administrator
13 minutes ago, Fionnlagh said:

🤞🤞

I'm definitely new to this and realize when I 1st arrived in these forums I may been a bit overly critical, my apologies for that. Just know it came from a place of love for the game.

I have a 7 minute video that has the game getting stuck watching the last car in qualifying. All the other cars were invisible as I cycled through the grid. It was a full grid. Only around 5 hung in waiting. Eventually the host migrated and then the crash happened. Unfortunately the video ends before the crash. Does this video sound like something that could be useful? I'm happy to upload it to YouTube if so.

Hi @Fionnlagh,

Don't worry, common thing to happen. Players are passionate about the game, and that's encouraged. Just some fixes are a little difficult to get to than others I'm afraid. 

At the moment, we have a 100% replication rate internally, so the fix that is in test is based on that. I'd hold fire for now, and if you run into it after our fix is successful and released, please feel free to upload, report and tag me in 🙂

Thanks for your feedback.

• Like 2

Before I get told about potential solutions, I'd just like to say that I haven't changed my HDD, I've reinstalled the game already, my playstation and game is fully updated, my PS4 is initialised. When I tried to get support from Sony they said that my serial number doesn't exist so they told me to contact Codemasters.

this issue only comes up when I'm playing F1 2020. I've tried all solutions suggested so I don't know what to do. Anyone know?

• Administrator

Hi,

Thanks for reporting your issue. However, we do need a complete bug report in order to gain all the details needed to replicate and troubleshoot your issue. A template is here for you to copy and paste in your answers:

https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/54648-bug-report-template-multiplayer-gamemodes/

Please complete the report when possible, as we do need all the details below to replicate your problem. 

Many thanks,

Barry.

Posted (edited)
    • any time I'm in a multiplayer lobby, I get error code CE-34878-0. got it six times since yesterday so you can imagine how many more times i'll get it in the future. Before I get asked to carry out some suggested solutions, I have reinstalled the game, initialised the PS4, contacted Sony (they told me my PS4's serial number doesn't exist), updated the game and playstation.
  • Platform
    • Playstation 4.
  • What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 
    • V1.18
    • Ranked
    • Wired
    • Can happen with two players or 22.
  • Were you the host?
    • sometimes.
  • Did this issue happens for everyone in the session, just some people or just yourself? What did they see?
    • I have no idea, I can't contact the other players. Sometimes I restart the game and I just happen to join their lobby again so I assume not.
  • We need to be able to make your problem happen internally so we can fix the issue. Can you make the problem happen again?
    • This happens literally all the time.
  • How do you make the problem happen?
    • I didn't, it just happens when I'm playing the game.
  • Can you add a report code. How to find this is in Main Menu > Game Options > Settings > 16 digit code in the bottom left of the screen. Please make sure that this is the code from the session you had the issue in. Adding report codes from as many users in your session as possible would be really helpful here.
    • ACJD-RSBR-MMSM-PEKG
    • I wasn't recording.

everytime I tried to record the footage, it stops recording as soon as the error comes up.

Eigth one in three days. I literally only play this game on my days off so it's quite frustrating. I've also noticed that I get put into empty lobbies after this error comes up so nobody wants to join. Ppl leave as soon as they get put into my lobby and I don't blame them.

Edited by Milanc1105
  • Like 1

I agree I started having issues with the 1.18 release at end of April, but looking to this post looks like the first bug report has been in December 2020

anyway I'm having less issues using super standard liveries. I can even do 7 races in a row.

On 5/17/2021 at 4:29 PM, tukkanen said:

Bro, the issue has heen there since December, and lots of people are having these issues additionaly since the update. I honestly stopped expecting a solution. Business wise, i guess it makes more sense for the players to buy the new game, rather than fixing the old one.  Bur I find it really upsetting that a perfectly fine game suddenly became non playable with an update. I am not exaggerating, I cannot play 1 online ranking race. 

• Agree 2

This has happened a countless number of times now but I'm posting again as it has happened to sessions in a row.

• any time I'm in a multiplayer lobby, I get error code CE-34878-0. got it six times since yesterday so you can imagine how many more times i'll get it in the future. Before I get asked to carry out some suggested solutions, I have reinstalled the game, initialised the PS4, contacted Sony (they told me my PS4's serial number doesn't exist), updated the game and playstation.
  • Platform
    • Playstation 4.
    • V1.18
    • Ranked
    • Wired
    • Can happen with two players or 22.
  • Were you the host?
    • Don't think so as I joined lobbies which already had people in it
    • I have no idea, I can't contact the other players. Sometimes I restart the game and I just happen to join their lobby again so I assume not.
    • The only way to make it happen again is just to wait for another 5-10 sessions, sometimes even less than that.
  • How do the problem happen?
    • in between qualifying and the start of ranked races it just crashes and tells me to update the ps4 and/or the game which it already is.
    • BDRJ-BDCS-RASM-PEKG
    • I wasn't recording and it isn't difficult to imagine. It just crashed in between quali and the race.

I've posted about this before but only got replies from other players rather than anyone who can actually do anything.

On 5/26/2021 at 2:25 PM, BarryBL said:

Hi,

Thanks for reporting your issue. However, we do need a complete bug report in order to gain all the details needed to replicate and troubleshoot your issue. A template is here for you to copy and paste in your answers:

https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/54648-bug-report-template-multiplayer-gamemodes/

Please complete the report when possible, as we do need all the details below to replicate your problem. 

Many thanks,

Barry.

are we any closer to resolving this barry? its getting to a point now where i (and others) will not buy the new game.i haven't been able to this game i purchased with my hard earned money since the 1.18 update and i'm sorry but its just not good enough!!

• Agree 5