Jump to content Jump to content
F1 2021 | Online Services Update 11:00AM UK Time | Expected to last no longer than 2 hours ×

[PS4] Crash after 1.18 - CE-34878-0

Posted (edited)
  • A detailed description of the issue. Please include any error codes here.Using PS, always seem to get error CE-34878-0. Always happens in ranked Multiplayer (I usually am playing 5 lap), immediately after completing one-lap qualy and before the race. Does not happen in any other game-mode or any other game. When the error happens the whole game crashes and I have to reload it.
  • Platform: PS4
  • What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen):1.18 
  • Game-mode?: Ranked multiplayer
  • We need to be able to make your problem happen internally so we can fix the issue. Can you make the problem happen again?: I can’t make the issue happen at will, it sporadically happens, more so recently and much more frequently. The issue always happens in Ranked multiplayer and after immediately completing one-lap qualy and before the race. Issue does not happen in any other game mode (as far as I can tell), nor any other game.
  • How do you make the problem happen?: N/A - it just does (always after one-lap qualy)
  • What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue: Checked PS4 help (https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/support/error-codes/ps4/ce-34878-0/), and have made sure all system and game software is the the latest version. Have also deleted and reinstalled the game. Have not upgraded HDD so it’s not that.
  • What peripherals are you are using (gamepad, wheel make & model etc): Fanatec CSL elite wheelbase, Fanatec Fromula v2 rim, Fanatec CSL elite LC pedals.
  • Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears: Can take a screenshot if needed but is a standard PS4 error message.  
  •  
  • Any assistance greatly appreciated as it happens now about 4-5 times in a 2-3 hour window of playing. I Also notice I lose skill level, and in some cases safety rating as a result! I would also add that on PS4 notifications area, I am seeing more upload errors for F1 2020 - maybe this has something to do with this? I have super fast and very stable broadband, so not sure if it’s a bug in my Codemaster account somewhere?
Edited by Monzie83

Hi 

the situation is becoming a little bit odd. 
the error is happening several times even after one qualifying session.

In addition I’m getting additions problems:

- blue flags issue at the start of a race

- at a certain point my name was changed to the one of another player (it was shown twice) and I was racing with my car without sponsors, with a different driver. 

• Agree 1
Posted (edited)

Am having the same issue (posted a bug report here:

For me, it only occurs in Ranked multiplayer between one-lap qualy and the race (qualy completes, you see the timing screen, then the game crashes and the error code is shown). 

I checked out some of the fix links, but have always kept system and game software up to date, and never changed the HDD. I always shut the PS down so it’s not that. Further, the issue has only reared it’s head after patch 1.18. And since I don’t get the issue on any other games, I do not think I need to reset the PS to factory settings. 

Just adding my 2 cents and will keep an eye out as can see this is with the devs 👍🏽

Edited by Monzie83
  • Agree 1
2 hours ago, mikakatzi said:

In addition I’m getting additions problems:

- blue flags issue at the start of a race

- at a certain point my name was changed to the one of another player (it was shown twice) and I was racing with my car without sponsors, with a different driver. 

Interesting, I have also seen blue flags for other drivers early on where they definitely haven’t been lapped (like lap 2 of a five lap race).

Once I had it where the game crashes with this error code, and when I restarted the game and ranked multiplayer, it eventually put my back in the same session, so I joined as a spectator. One of the drivers who didn’t have my livery during qualy (the game made me view him in spectator mode after my qualy lap), magically had my livery, exact colour-scheme and number in the race!

Have also noticed if I get the error crash, when I restart the game and ranked multiplayer it always put me in a lobby by myself a few times 🤔

• Agree 1

Same thing, multiplayer after Qualifying... shows ticks next to all players, black screen... "loading" flashes 3 times & then game completely crashes to PS4 blue screen.

Bug reports are not possible because the game crashes completely! how can we give report codes after that?

When you sell a product it should not be the customer having to wait for you to solve something you broke! 

You wouldn't get away with this for any other defect product. The game is unplayable and it slaughters any licence status.

Roll it back if you can't fix it in good time.

I didn't buy it to feel ****** off every time I play it.

• Agree 2
On 5/12/2021 at 10:23 AM, BarryBL said:

Given that the game crashes, players may not be able to get the report code from the session that crashed. However, can you boot the game again after this crash occurs and send us the next report code. We should be able to find their previous game launch that crashed.

• Like 1
On 5/20/2021 at 3:07 PM, BarryBL said:

Thanks for all the information everyone.

We are working on a initial fix for this. For the less experienced users here, this doesn't guarantee a fix and our current solution is its testing phase internally. We hope to have further updates soon.

Hi Barry,

Any updates?

Cheers

• Agree 2

Agreed, Barry and all... how close are you to a fix?  This has been going on 5 weeks now.  Seems a reasonable amount of time to solve the problem?!?! 

Curious how you test your patches for release too... Seems quality control dropped the ball on this one... 

• Agree 3

I see this in online racing even after reinstalling and making some space on my external SSD. Game will load to qualifying but crash out to this error code when loading into a race. I'd say it gets as bad as 30-40 percent of races started sometimes. 

• Agree 1

Hello, 

I’ve also been experiencing this problem and it is making the game unplayable. 

- PS4 Error code CE-34878-0

- Platform PS4

- Version 1.18

- Ranked Multiplayer Online 25%

- Yes problem occurs after qualifying. Game crashed repeatedly over the last few weeks. Almost every session. 

- no troubleshooting as game closes and takes me to ps4 home screen after closing error screen.

- PS4 Controller

Do we know when this problem will be solved? 🙂 

• Agree 1

Been with this issue since last update, everyday reading this thread and not actively participating til today... 4 times crashed in a lapse of 1 hour... too much. Unplayable.

If you guys are really working on a solution, how far are you from that? honestly i think we need a day to day update... is the less we deserve as we spent our money on the game.

• Agree 2

Dear moderators and developers.

Just like everyone here, I guess, my patience is becoming scarce. Creating an unwanted bug, okay, those things happen. Keeping a whole bunch of players on the wire for weeks without a solution, not okay (anymore). 

• Agree 3
Posted (edited)

Potentially FOUND FIX FOR PS4

(Load into career crash via Black screen)

Ps. No corrupted saves popup in game or in save data in *system storage. So my case may be slightly different. Just crash on loading into career. 

Error Code : (CE-34878-0)

Ver. 1.18

First I recreated the race weekend that I infinite crash loop almost to a T in “Grand prix” mode. (Don’t know if that helped or not but just in case)

Secondly I plugged in USB and copied the one career save file and then removed USB.

Thirdly I reluctantly deleted the one  career save file from system storage (again my file didn’t look corrupt) and loaded up F1 2020.

Lastly As Lewis and the boys are staring at you HOLD L1 & R1 until the game loads it should sit at a black screen for 10-15 seconds maybe but DO NOT LET GO UNTIL the 5 Red lights appear (don’t jump the start boys keep it clean) 

Finally I press X loaded in normally and saw my save preserved that I just deleted and loaded it up BUT I was in FP1 and I mid session saved with 3:min left in FP1 and I loaded in at the beginning of said practice so basically I lost FP1 in exchange for my save. Worth.

Also I have the Schumacher edition but I do not have any of the DLC equipped anywhere on my game. Also using default livery. Lastly I’m in a F2 Full season but I don’t not see why it couldn’t work in a F1 season or MyTeam.

Edited by RacingZones
Clarification.
  • Like 1

Like quite a few other people in here I’ve been dealing with this since the last update. I noticed it instantly after the last patch but have just been waiting for an update and it doesn’t seem to be coming.

I only play this game online on multiplayer and it’s unusable. I’d say it works maybe 1 in every 5 races and the other 4 times it crashes after qualifying on PS4. I’m not going to fill out a bug report it’s the same as everybody elses but it’s about time it got fixed or roll the last update back.

You fix things that only an anorak would care about like a sponsor not appearing on a top on career mode when racing at Monza in wet weather but you don’t fix something like this!?! 

• Agree 3
On 6/8/2021 at 8:44 PM, RacingZones said:

Potentially FOUND FIX FOR PS4

(Load into career crash via Black screen)

Ps. No corrupted saves popup in game or in save data in *system storage. So my case may be slightly different. Just crash on loading into career. 

Error Code : (CE-34878-0)

Ver. 1.18

First I recreated the race weekend that I infinite crash loop almost to a T in “Grand prix” mode. (Don’t know if that helped or not but just in case)

Secondly I plugged in USB and copied the one career save file and then removed USB.

Thirdly I reluctantly deleted the one  career save file from system storage (again my file didn’t look corrupt) and loaded up F1 2020.

Lastly As Lewis and the boys are staring at you HOLD L1 & R1 until the game loads it should sit at a black screen for 10-15 seconds maybe but DO NOT LET GO UNTIL the 5 Red lights appear (don’t jump the start boys keep it clean) 

Finally I press X loaded in normally and saw my save preserved that I just deleted and loaded it up BUT I was in FP1 and I mid session saved with 3:min left in FP1 and I loaded in at the beginning of said practice so basically I lost FP1 in exchange for my save. Worth.

Also I have the Schumacher edition but I do not have any of the DLC equipped anywhere on my game. Also using default livery. Lastly I’m in a F2 Full season but I don’t not see why it couldn’t work in a F1 season or MyTeam.

I am as others who are crashing right after Qualifying in 25% or 5 lap Multiplayer. I tried your suggestion but no dice, still crashes.

Today I wiped all existense of F1 2020 from my PS4, including all saves. Vanilla install and joined 25% Multiplayer race. Exactly the same result, crashed after Qualifying on the second race without fail.

This is 100% not client related at all, this is the 1.18 patch at fault.

Multiplayer advance is impossible, licence I built up is slaughtered... its unplayable yet the devs leave everyone hanging. I genuinely don't understand why it hasn't just been rolled back?

9 hours ago, FLuKEWiN said:

Today I wiped all existense of F1 2020 from my PS4, including all saves. Vanilla install and joined 25% Multiplayer race. Exactly the same result, crashed after Qualifying on the second race without fail.

This is 100% not client related at all, this is the 1.18 patch at fault.

Multiplayer advance is impossible, licence I built up is slaughtered... its unplayable yet the devs leave everyone hanging. I genuinely don't understand why it hasn't just been rolled back?

Because they need to sell the new one after the game changed hands bro, simple as that. We are not even receiving any update.

Struggled with this all morning, just too much now. 

Reinstalled 2019, hey all my settings and setups are saved, and it's not hard to find a lobby with 10+ players still (presume I'm not the only one going backwards).

Will be buying 2021, as it's the first time I'll be focusing on multiplayer from the jump and looking to be competitive where 2020 was more a learning experience, but can't say I'm pleased that 2019 offers a solid online experience to pass the time  but the current game does not and doesn't look likely to receive a fix for this. 

Quite shameful to be honest on Codies part here. 

• Agree 1
19 hours ago, KNT2011 said:

Quite shameful to be honest on Codies part here. 

It is definitely concerning quite how long this major issue has now been going on without a resolution ☹️. Obviously the timing is poor from the devs side given the work to get the new game ready but not giving an apparently game-breaking bug for so many higher priority really isn't good. Like others I'm left wondering why some form of reversion to however things worked pre-1.18 might not have been achievable by now.

I was thinking I might sell my copy of F1 2020 once the new game is out but I really couldn't do that in good faith currently given this issue.

• Agree 2
12 hours ago, Ultra3142 said:

I see we now have a 1.19 patch available to hopefully address the issue 🙂:

https://www.formula1game.com/2020/news/f1-2020-patch-notes

Seems to have done the trick for me, which is good.

46 minutes ago, KNT2011 said:

I hope so. Visiting 19 has been an experience but I did not miss that handling with the turning circle of a freighter. 

I also noticed my FFB was much lighter, seems to have resolved itself after restarting the PS and game, but will monitor. I’m using fanatec gear, not sure if any other wheel brands are effected.

Edited by Monzie83
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1