Bug Reporting - PLEASE FOLLOW RULES AND COMPLETE REPORTS Read more... ×
F1 2021 | BETA | Details and how to Apply Here Read more... ×

Thrustmaster SF 1000 flag Led issue

Posted (edited)

just a post to get the ball rolling a more in depth bug report will follow later this evening.

i have noticed that the Flag LED's on the new Thrustmaster SF 1000 rim are not illuminating correctly under yellow flag conditions in game, i have spoke with another owner of this rim and he gets the SAME (see image below.) i have been using the native mode which is using the new Thrustmaster API to drive everything. 

all 3 flag LED's should illuminate when a yellow flag is displayed

also when you get a penalty or engage the pit limiter the flag LED's on the in game wheel flash white, the rim does not do this 

i will get lapped in a race later tonight to see what happens with blue flag conditions and attempt to have a SC called out as well again to see what behaviour the rims LED's show and also try using the UDP mode too

i have the very latest thrustmaster driver and wheelbase/rim firmwares installed 

IMG_20210427_170240.png

image0.jpg?width=689&height=517

- Platform : Steam

- Game version : 1.18

- Game mode : Carrer Mode and Grand prix mode ( i suspect all modes except time trial will be affected)

-Issue : incorrect flag lights on sf 1000 rim

- Wheel : Thrustmaster TX with Ferrari SF 1000 F1 rim

- wheelbase Firmware version : 57
- rim Firmware Version : 5.42
- Driver version : 2.10.47.0

Edited by cearp8858
  • Like 1

so some additional images, the wheel leds don't flash they stay solid. In my opinion all the flag LED's should illuminate for each of the flag conditions & flash  

local yellow flags 
image1.jpg

Safety Car

image0.jpg

Blue Flags

image0.jpg

• Like 1

Hello,

I'm also a lucky man, I succeed to get this wheel. What a pity they didn't provide the unit number of the product ! I would have loved to be the number 16 like Charles 😛

Really, I don't understand your complaints about "flag led issue". I watch every GP since I am 5 years old and I always seen only one LED lit when the flag is wave. Look at the visor cam from Kimi in 2019 

According with the official F1 regulation, it's compulsory to have yellow, blue and red lights on both sides of the steering wheel.

I think the game took some freedom because they lit LED on a computer LCD which is far from the player. But now that we have this amazing hardware I think Codemasters could now match the real world thanks to Thrustmaster! Hope that Thrustmaster will release new wheel that match the real world in close future!

Have a nice one !

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, HarleyDaly said:

Hello,

I'm also a lucky man, I succeed to get this wheel. What a pity they didn't provide the unit number of the product ! I would have loved to be the number 16 like Charles 😛

Really, I don't understand your complaints about "flag led issue". I watch every GP since I am 5 years old and I always seen only one LED lit when the flag is wave. Look at the visor cam from Kimi in 2019 

According with the official F1 regulation, it's compulsory to have yellow, blue and red lights on both sides of the steering wheel.

I think the game took some freedom because they lit LED on a computer LCD which is far from the player. But now that we have this amazing hardware I think Codemasters could now match the real world thanks to Thrustmaster! Hope that Thrustmaster will release new wheel that match the real world in close future!

Have a nice one !

The in game wheel shows the correct colour and lights all the flag led’s, the issue is only 2 leds are lighting on my physical rim and not all 6 as it is supposed to. This is either a bug with the implementation of the new api or a bug in the api itself not addressing all the flag leds

the single green led is for drs available or active and that works as do the rpm leds and also the per car settings for these too rpm lights.

Edited by cearp8858
  • Like 1

Yes, I understand but what I want to say is that it's not a issue that only two lights are lighting instead of six.

In reality, the six lights are not necessarily ON, so I don't understand why you're talking about this as a bug ;).

Look at this photo in 2019 for example 

2062503577_Blueflag.png.654c622c33dcb07f4dcac4f3a38ea8f7.png

From https://youtu.be/vjRu13DDtJY

Posted (edited)

@cearp8858 thanks for the excellent digging. Can I just clarify;

On PC:
- The screen of the Formula Wheel Add-On is compatible in native and/or in UDP mode (in compatible games).
- The encoders (14/15/16/17/18/19/20/21/24/25) work in most games
- The TX, TS-XW, T300, T-GT and TS-PC bases equipped with the Formula Wheel Add-On are recognized as a Thrustmaster
Advanced Racer device.
In some games, you must select Thrustmaster Advanced Racer in GAMES OPTIONS / SETTINGS / CONTROLS.

•In NATIVE Mode
= Plug & Play and no Wi-Fi configuration required
= More telemetry settings are displayed (with more accuracy and no latency).
This mode is made for the latest PC/PS4™/PS5™ games.
List of games already compatible in NATIVE Mode:

- F1 2020 – PC [full Mapping in Games setting tab]
    - F1 2020 – PS4™ [full Mapping in Games setting tab]
    - F1 2021 – PC [coming soon]
    - F1 2021 – PS4™ [coming soon]
    - F1 2021 – PS5™ [coming soon]
    - Many other games coming very soon

• In UDP Mode (*)
= Wi-Fi configuration required
= Fewer telemetry settings are displayed (with sometimes less accuracy) and data display is subject to latency (depending on your Wi-Fi home settings).
This mode is made for Xbox One™/Xbox Series X|S games and older PC/PS4™ games.
List of games already compatible in UDP Mode:

- F1 2019 – Xbox One™ [full Mapping in Games setting tab]
    - F1 2019 – PS4™
    - F1 2019 – PC
    - F1 2020 – Xbox One™ [full Mapping in Games setting tab]
    - F1 2021 – Xbox One™ [coming soon]
    - F1 2021 – Xbox Series X|S™ [coming soon]

(*) If necessary, the process to activate the UDP Mode is available in MANUAL tab.

Is the wheel detected as an TX Advanced?

Is the wheel in Native or UDP mode?

Edit: I see I should read your posts more clearly, it is in Native mode but you will test UDP later.

Edited by steviejay69
Duh :)

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

@cearp8858 thanks for the excellent digging. Can I just clarify;

Is the wheel detected as an TX Advanced?

Is the wheel in Native or UDP mode?

Edit: I see I should read your posts more clearly, it is in Native mode but you will test UDP later.

Yes the wheel is detected as Thrustmaster advanced racer, i will have some info on if the issue is same with UDP mode later today 

edited 19:25 28/04/2021

@steviejay69 so just tried with UDP mode and the result is the same 

Edited by cearp8858
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, HarleyDaly said:

Yes, I understand but what I want to say is that it's not a issue that only two lights are lighting instead of six.

In reality, the six lights are not necessarily ON, so I don't understand why you're talking about this as a bug ;).

Look at this photo in 2019 for example 

yes the lights irl are diffrent and these can be tailered to each drivers prefrence too, even the displays can be diffrent between drivers even in the same team.

the rim mimics all other leds the same as in the game and also the same as each car too including the drs lights so the flag leds should also mimic the games steering wheel IMO and show all 6 flag leds

with fanatecs rims you are able to customise the leds so how many light up and what colour they are etc but as of yet this isn't possible with thrustmaster with their API/driver and relys on the games implementation of the api to drive the dash board which works perfectly and also the rpm leds which again work perfectly

Posted (edited)

I have this SF1000 wheel also. I am on Ps5.

I have the same flag issue that 1 led light up on each side, but i am wondering now if it is a Thrustmaster design or an issue with the F1 game with incorrect data to the wheel?

When i plug the wheel to a Pc, i see the above Flag LED are yellow (looks orange to me), then red and the lowest are Blue

So I am wondering if for example the above yellow flag can change color, for example Blue? Did anyone notice that? Because if not, then they have only 1 color.

And they do not Flash indeed. They just stay On.

Edited by GioProductions

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, GioProductions said:

I have this SF1000 wheel also. I am on Ps5.

I have the same flag issue that 1 led light up on each side, but i am wondering now if it is a Thrustmaster design or an issue with the F1 game with incorrect data to the wheel?

When i plug the wheel to a Pc, i see the above Flag LED are yellow (looks orange to me), then red and the lowest are Blue

So I am wondering if for example the above yellow flag can change color, for example Blue? Did anyone notice that? Because if not, then they have only 1 color.

And they do not Flash indeed. They just stay On.

yeah i brought this up as an issue as i beleive it is an issue but could be by design, i dont believe they are single colour LEDs tbh 

currently there isnt any way to test the LED's or change the colour etc, the new API which i assume is at driver level drives the screen and leds and relies on the game developer to implement the api. 

so unless thrustmaster open their API up similar to how fanatec has fanalabs where users can set all the leds to do what they want then we are stuck with how the developers of the games implement the new api.

i am hoping that thrustmaster releases software similar to fanalabs that enables us to make our own dashes and set the leds to do what we want, it's just a small oversight by thrustmaster really but the way codemasters have implemented the dash and the rpm LEDs which do display what the in game wheel shows per car is really good.  

maybe codemasters can add a menu in game for f1 2021 which allows us to make the changes?

this is what fanalabs can do although i think it is driven by UDP telemetry and not a native implementation which thrustmaster allows whith their rim
FanaLab 1.47 (Hotfix) Download - Post your Feedback here - Page 2 — Fanatec  Forum

Edited by cearp8858

1 minute ago, steviejay69 said:

Hey get with the program, Fanalabs is on 1.54.4 🙂

oh yeah but the image was found on google to show what fanatec users can do with led customisation on their rims :classic_laugh:

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, cearp8858 said:

oh yeah but the image was found on google to show what fanatec users can do with led customisation on their rims :classic_laugh:

TBH I just let the game do it's default stuff and the LEDs match the broken on screen ones.

• Haha 1

so was digging around the driver installation folders and came across an SDK/API testing program it seems to cycle through all the parameters for the screen and LED's. also seems to confirm the flag leds are set individually in the API so possibly nothing codemasters can do.

could prove useful to testing wheel functions and inputs 

Capture.thumb.PNG.671f3bdd3c7dc40dc1cf59f39c0725c6.PNGCapture2.thumb.PNG.dd360c7ff061fe5e06de3ccecea1482f.PNGCapture1.thumb.PNG.85d08c10ba9c4527c3ecb5c7b7abe45b.PNG

Edited by cearp8858
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, cearp8858 said:

so was digging around the driver installation folders and came across an SDK/API testing program it seems to cycle through all the parameters for the screen and LED's. also seems to confirm the flag leds are set individually in the API so possibly nothing codemasters can do.

could prove useful to testing wheel functions and inputs 

video0.mov

Capture.thumb.PNG.671f3bdd3c7dc40dc1cf59f39c0725c6.PNGCapture2.thumb.PNG.dd360c7ff061fe5e06de3ccecea1482f.PNGCapture1.thumb.PNG.85d08c10ba9c4527c3ecb5c7b7abe45b.PNG

So, do i understand it correctly? Only 1 light on each side is On when we have Flags in the game?

Do you get the DRS light On when DRS is available in F1 2020? I am on Ps5 and on my SF1000 nothing happens. I am on Wifi/UDP setting.

Edited by GioProductions

2 hours ago, GioProductions said:

So, do i understand it correctly? Only 1 light on each side is On when we have Flags in the game?

Do you get the DRS light On when DRS is available in F1 2020? I am on Ps5 and on my SF1000 nothing happens. I am on Wifi/UDP setting.

so according to the test program top 2 flag lights are for yellow flags, middle 2 are for red flags bottom 2 are for blue flags

the drs lights work for me in native mode on pc and changes per car 

3 hours ago, cearp8858 said:

so according to the test program top 2 flag lights are for yellow flags, middle 2 are for red flags bottom 2 are for blue flags

the drs lights work for me in native mode on pc and changes per car 

Clear, thanks for your reply.

Hmm red light we will not see On :classic_biggrin: as i never did see it in the F1 games.

1 hour ago, GioProductions said:

Clear, thanks for your reply.

Hmm red light we will not see On :classic_biggrin: as i never did see it in the F1 games.

At the risk of being warned / censored, even as a moderator - potential future feature? 

1 hour ago, steviejay69 said:

At the risk of being warned / censored, even as a moderator - potential future feature? 

:classic_biggrin: i'll back you up and if they censore you, they have to do the same to me :classic_biggrin::classic_cool::classic_cool:

I did test if i see the DRS light on the wheel when in DRS delta, but on the wheel no DRS light with UDP and without UDP (native).

Should i make a bug report for this?

I am on Ps5 with patch 1.18.

Im in Grand Prix mode (Hamilton) on lap 4 in Australia. So i hear the DRS "Biep" but nothing happens on the wheel. Hope you can see it clear here:

20210504_224014.jpg

20210504_224021.jpg

Edited by GioProductions
Photos

3 minutes ago, GioProductions said:

:classic_biggrin: i'll back you up and if they censore you, they have to do the same to me :classic_biggrin::classic_cool::classic_cool:

I did test if i see the DRS light on the wheel when in DRS delta, but on the wheel no DRS light with UDP and without UDP (native).

Should i make a bug report for this?

I am on Ps5.

Add it in here and if @cearp8858 has no objections, this thread could be 'SF1000 LED issues', otherwise I'll split it out.

11 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

Add it in here and if @cearp8858 has no objections, this thread could be 'SF1000 LED issues', otherwise I'll split it out.

I mean i have no problem at all with this, maybe we can compile a list and make a particular post a master post which lists issues and or things we would like to see different? 

About the drs light its easier to test in Time trial because every lap you get drs 

I can check and see what cars show for me on pc i know the haas, mclaren and ferrari work as shown on the in game wheel.

13 minutes ago, cearp8858 said:

I mean i have no problem at all with this, maybe we can compile a list and make a particular post a master post which lists issues and or things we would like to see different? 

About the drs light its easier to test in Time trial because every lap you get drs 

I can check and see what cars show for me on pc i know the haas, mclaren and ferrari work as shown on the in game wheel.

I agree on that, as this would help Codemasters and the upcoming users of this same wheel in the near future.

I could highlight the issue i have from the Ps5 side.

As i had another issue yesterday. When you do Restart Session in F1 2020, the wheel and display doesnt work anymore, until i disconnect the wheel power or usb and connect it again.

Still on Ps5 :classic_biggrin:

Edited by GioProductions
Info