Jump to content Jump to content

F1 2020 bug the error comes everywhere

Dear Codemasters works!

1. The temperature and wear of the tires are fine the car still slips back at normal accelerations the fault comes every day but there are times when we push the floor gas anywhere and yet the car does not slip there are races that are absolutely good not slip back all over and there are some when the car also slips straight and becomes completely unsteerable and the fault occurs on all tracks

2. PC

3. 1.18

4. Each game mode and on each track

5. The temperature and wear of the tires are fine the car still slips back at normal accelerations the fault comes every day but there are times when we push the floor gas anywhere and yet the car does not slip there are races that are absolutely good not slip back all over and there are some when the car also slips straight and becomes completely unsteerable and the fault occurs on all tracks

6. The car slips, the brakes do less, the car doesn't, stick, In the other round, though, it goes flawlessly

7. Logitech G29

8. link: 

Edited by Totyi

I don't think that's a bug. I think you're accelerating too hard while turning. Either turn traction control on/up, or accelerate more carefully. Short-shifting gears can help too.

Edit: possibly you've reduced traction control without meaning to and aren't used to it feeling like this?

Edited by Ultra3142

22 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

I don't think that's a bug. I think you're accelerating too hard while turning. Either turn traction control on/up, or accelerate more carefully. Short-shifting gears can help too.

Edit: possibly you've reduced traction control without meaning to and aren't used to it feeling like this?

I think this is a game bug. Acceleration was done in the same way in each bend.

3 minutes ago, Totyi said:

I think this is a game bug. Acceleration was done in the same way in each bend.

Speed, gear, slope/camber and steering will all make a difference.

I'm assuming you're fairly new to the game, right? Rather than having noticed something having changed?

Edited by Ultra3142
1 minute ago, Ultra3142 said:

Speed, gear, slope/camber and steering will all make a difference.

I'm assuming you're fairly new to the game, right? Rather than having noticed something having changed?

We push floor gas once and there is nothing wrong with the car. 

Other times, during acceleration (at the start) it slips with a minimum of gas. The slip seen in the video was unintentional, all due to a bug in the game. That's when the Logitech G29 let go of the grip, you didn't feel the car, and went straight ahead. While in another round, you were able to take the turn completelly normally. 

The video shows the tire wear and their tempreature. This problem happened not only to me, but to quite a few of my friends.

8 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

Nothing leaps out as being wrong in the second video to me, although it's hard to fully see what is going on without the HUD.

Here is video made on the track of Bahrain, connecting the 11th and 12th bends, the floor gas is heard based on the sound, and this is natural in this bend, as this bend is usually taken this away

25 minutes ago, Totyi said:

How do you explain this?

The changeover was done, I wanted to stop with a vise brake ant the card didn't stop

That's called understeer. You entered the turn way too fast.

1 hour ago, Totyi said:

Dear Codemasters works!

1. The temperature and wear of the tires are fine the car still slips back at normal accelerations the fault comes every day but there are times when we push the floor gas anywhere and yet the car does not slip there are races that are absolutely good not slip back all over and there are some when the car also slips straight and becomes completely unsteerable and the fault occurs on all tracks

2. PC

3. 1.18

4. Each game mode and on each track

5. The temperature and wear of the tires are fine the car still slips back at normal accelerations the fault comes every day but there are times when we push the floor gas anywhere and yet the car does not slip there are races that are absolutely good not slip back all over and there are some when the car also slips straight and becomes completely unsteerable and the fault occurs on all tracks

6. The car slips, the brakes do less, the car doesn't, stick, In the other round, though, it goes flawlessly

7. Logitech G29

8. link: 

Ultra3142 is right. At 00:31 - you accelerate towards T2 aggressive and then hit the curb. That's why you rear starts to breaks out. Be careful there with the throttle and adjust the setup. Then T4 at 00:54 - your rears are already hot and you accelerate a bit aggressive. With hot rears you are going to spin more easily. You could go through the entire video and explain at each turn what is happening - but it is not a bug, it's the physics of the car.

4 minutes ago, F1Slamtrax said:

you accelerate towards T2 aggressive and then hit the curb.

The car, it slipped sooner than I would have gone on the shaker.

5 minutes ago, F1Slamtrax said:

but it is not a bug, it's the physics of the car

So, is the car's physics bad? Does chance not belong to the game as a mistake?

If we're already there that the game is designed for F1, where will the real tempo speed stay?

Watch this video -> 

Also in the 2019 game, the problem was that the car was unable to stop and still didn't take a turn

Two different things happen - at first you are too aggressive out of T1 and then the curbs amplify your rear motion even more. Watch Mazepin in T1 and T2 a couple of weeks ago

So, is the car's physics bad? Does chance not belong to the game as a mistake?

Sorry, the car physics is ok. A slippery rear is normal and means you should either modify the setup or give less throttle in and out of turns.

Also in the 2019 game, the problem was that the car was unable to stop and still didn't take a turn

Two reasons: 1) your turn-speed is too high. Slow on entry, fast on exit is overall faster than fast turn in and then medium exit. 2) modify the setup. Higher Toe = more "turnability" as the description says.

Edited by F1Slamtrax

@Totyi you may find the following video helpful, both in terms of car setup and driving. Pay close attention to line, speed, gears, throttle and brake application. Don't expect to simply be able to watch this and match the time though. The guy making the video (James Doherty) is a former eSports driver, and although not an absolute top driver in the F1 2020 game he is still VERY good compared to the vast majority. Being fast at this game takes practice and skill. How difficult you'll find it is of course dependent on what assist setting you are using, with for much of what you've shown traction control being probably the most important choice. What setting are you using currently?

8 hours ago, finnjbs03 said:

Is there a tyre wear glitch in time trial still as i did some laps in Brazil and after 9 laps my tyres felt like they was dropping off which isn't right when in time trial.

It sometimes gets suggested that there may be a small tyre wear effect in time trial, although if there is I don't personally think its a huge factor. People trying to set world records sometimes restart time trial periodically just in case though.

8 hours ago, Ultra3142 said:

It sometimes gets suggested that there may be a small tyre wear effect in time trial, although if there is I don't personally think its a huge factor. People trying to set world records sometimes restart time trial periodically just in case though.

The idea in TT was that the tyre temps and wear were always optimal and reset at the start of each lap AFAIK. 

• Like 1
  • Administrator

By design.

You're a little too early on the throttle @Totyi in some examples, lighting the rears up. Remember, you have to be a little gentle on the right foot. For a real life example, if I have TCS and Stability turned off in my BRZ and stamped on the throttle, I'll be backwards pretty quick.

Considering a F1 car has 5x the BHP of my car at home, the rule above very much applies. Are you running with TCS on? Just looks like you need a little more practice and fine-tuning here. I've spun so much on this game (mostly because I'm bang average), so I'm pretty well informed here 😛 

1 hour ago, BarryBL said:

By design.

You're a little too early on the throttle @Totyi in some examples, lighting the rears up. Remember, you have to be a little gentle on the right foot. For a real life example, if I have TCS and Stability turned off in my BRZ and stamped on the throttle, I'll be backwards pretty quick.

Considering a F1 car has 5x the BHP of my car at home, the rule above very much applies. Are you running with TCS on? Just looks like you need a little more practice and fine-tuning here. I've spun so much on this game (mostly because I'm bang average), so I'm pretty well informed here 😛 

Dear BarryBL!

Even if the traction control is switched on, the car does not stick and can cut itself smoothly