Jump to content Jump to content

Turkey in F1 2021

if turkey had been announced two weeks ago, before the announcement of the game, we would also have had turkey circuit in the game (a bit like imola and portimao), Codemasters would have released a post launch patch with turkey circuit. Codemasters is very unfortunate with all this chaos of the tracks and the cancellation of the circuits that happens during the current season certainly does not help the codies. I offer you holy water to drink @BarryBL 😂😂

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

I think there is a very small chance of that.
Even Imola, Portimao and Jeddah will not make it on time, let alone add another track. According to the leaks, there were supposed to be two historical tracks, maybe Turkey would be one of them.

Edited by AndRe5550148
  • Like 1
5 minutes ago, CptBalloonhands said:

Codemasters have access to EA resources now. I could picture EA putting a small 5-man team on this and release Turkey as a DLC for $10

One can hope

Maybe this could happen, but a dlc? The track is on official calendar, if they create a DLC for official content, man this is the end. 

I prefer to not have in the game, in besides to pay an extra for a official content not a "real" dlc. 

They've no excuse for not implementing Turkey IMO, the other new tracks to the game arent available at launch anyway.

And no I dont want to hear about DLC when Im paying £70+ for the game to begin with.

• Agree 1
3 minutes ago, Paradox53 said:

Maybe this could happen, but a dlc? The track is on official calendar, if they create a DLC for official content, man this is the end. 

I prefer to not have in the game, in besides to pay an extra for a official content not a "real" dlc. 

I am just being realistic.. It is EA after all. 🙂

• Agree 1

I doubt they can just  use ea recourses just like that probably no one has experience with the ego engine from ea and to train that person isn't a quick easy task. They have explained it takes about a year to make a track so I doubt with current circumstances they will be able to get it done in the 2021 life cycle. Remember these are strange times and game development is not an easy task especially in these current work environments I would rather they just carry on focusing making sure there are no bugs and they try not to crunch. 

Edited by Nightfire1964
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, CptBalloonhands said:

I am just being realistic.. It is EA after all. 🙂

I agree with you, but if EA follow this path they will start with the wrong foot, this is not FIFA community and the License of F1 is crucial, so they need to try their best to no mess with F1 community. 

Hope they can do an amazing job for this year. 

15 minutes ago, Nightfire1964 said:

I doubt they can just  use ea recourses just like that probably no one has experience with the ego engine from ea and to train that person isn't a quick easy task. They have explained it takes about a year to make a track so I doubt with current circumstances they will be able to get it done in the 2021 life cycle. Remember these are strange times and game development is not an easy task especially in these current work environments I would rather they just carry on focusing making sure there are no bugs and they try not to crunch. 

Yeah I know. I think there is a remote possibility for it to happen. But given that these games are annual releases and the Turkey track even with a slightly larger dedicated team working on only the Turkey track it would probably still take about 6 months to build, that would put it in a release window sometime around October/November/December, by which time we would be way too close to the next season (and game) already for it to be worth it for them. But I'm holding on to the remote possibility. Who knows.

Edited by CptBalloonhands
1 minute ago, AndRe5550148 said:

If they scanned the tracks with a laser, it would be faster than doing them from scratch.

bit hard with current pandemic and turkey has just gone into lockdown so there's no way they can do that 

• Agree 2

They used laser scanning for Zandvoort and it still took them forever to build the full track. Laser scanning only gives you the track in high density. They then would need to manually trace over the high density geometry and build an optimized, game-ready version of it, UV map all the surfaces, texture them, add collision and physics properties, set up TV cameras, train AI, etc. That is why it takes so long.

• Agree 1
1 minute ago, Nightfire1964 said:

trochę ciężko z obecną pandemią, a indyk właśnie został zablokowany, więc nie ma możliwości, aby mogli to zrobić 

Reportedly, many of the tracks had already been laser scanned before the premiere of F1 2020. Apparently, Imola was laser scanned, but it is not known whether to F1 2021 but maybe ...

Just now, CptBalloonhands said:

They used laser scanning for Zandvoort and it still took them forever to build the full track. Laser scanning only gives you the track in high density. They then would need to manually trace over the high density geometry and build an optimized, game-ready version of it, UV map all the surfaces, texture them, add collision and physics properties, set up TV cameras, train AI, etc. That is why it takes so long.

i could be wrong but i thought it wasn't laser scanned rather as it's on protected land they had a significant amount of data to make the track

Just now, AndRe5550148 said:

Reportedly, many of the tracks had already been laser scanned before the premiere of F1 2020. Apparently, Imola was laser scanned, but it is not known whether to F1 2021 but maybe ...

Do you have a source for that information?

Many of the tracks in F1 2020 are very outdated/inaccurate in terms of kerbing and track elevation etc. It would be great if they could finally update all of them with proper laser scanned versions.

• Agree 1
1 minute ago, Nightfire1964 said:

i could be wrong but i thought it wasn't laser scanned rather as it's on protected land they had a significant amount of data to make the track

There was a kind of making-of video that they released about the Zandvoort track. They did walk around the whole track with cameras to take texture source photos. I think they mentioned laser-scanning as well, but I could be wrong. Link to video:

Just now, CptBalloonhands said:

There was a kind of making-of video that they released about the Zandvoort track. They did walk around the whole track with cameras to take texture source photos. I think they mentioned laser-scanning as well, but I could be wrong. Link to video:

yeah i have seen it a while ago but wasn't to sure if they mentioned if they scanned it

1 minute ago, CptBalloonhands said:

Czy masz źródło tych informacji?

Wiele torów w F1 2020 jest bardzo przestarzałych / niedokładnych pod względem krawężników, elewacji itp. Byłoby wspaniale, gdyby w końcu mogli zaktualizować je wszystkie za pomocą odpowiednich wersji zeskanowanych laserowo.

Some journalist from sky sports said that they allegedly had laser scanned before the Grand Prix and it was possible that it was for F1 2021. You are right they are old. They had laser scanned before F1 2020 but brought theirs into the game. They said they had better.

• Agree 1

I second this, Turkey circuit should be in the 2021 game, because meanwhile this is the 2nd consecutive season IRL F1 is driving there. Besides, the new tracks will be delivered somewhat late anyway, so why not include Turkey as well. Its about time, I will vote with my wallet.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
5 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

Oh joy. The new game isn't even out yet and the 'will this track be added' threads have already started 🙄.

haha i know seems doesn't feel like a year ago we had these same discussions. i just want to add if people cause i know some people say "but it's part of the official calendar" we all know this years and last years is going be flexible with covid and if you want the official calendar that may change a bit then i guess we shouldn't have Canada in the game or why did they include Zandvoort, Vietnam, and the other tracks that we didn't attend last year even though they weren't in the calendar that was a "revised calendar"

• Haha 1

Ha ha ha! Yes, yes, yes! If they’d listen to me about including Istanbul Park in the game in some form from last year, they would have been ahead of the effort this announcement mandates. Now off to laser scanning the track so it’s included in the game at launch date. YES, YES, YES and YES again! 

• Agree 1