Jump to content Jump to content

Turkey in F1 2021

Hub31

if turkey had been announced two weeks ago, before the announcement of the game, we would also have had turkey circuit in the game (a bit like imola and portimao), Codemasters would have released a post launch patch with turkey circuit. Codemasters is very unfortunate with all this chaos of the tracks and the cancellation of the circuits that happens during the current season certainly does not help the codies. I offer you holy water to drink @BarryBL 😂😂

5 minutes ago, CptBalloonhands said:

Codemasters have access to EA resources now. I could picture EA putting a small 5-man team on this and release Turkey as a DLC for $10

One can hope

Maybe this could happen, but a dlc? The track is on official calendar, if they create a DLC for official content, man this is the end. 

I prefer to not have in the game, in besides to pay an extra for a official content not a "real" dlc. 

3 minutes ago, Paradox53 said:

Maybe this could happen, but a dlc? The track is on official calendar, if they create a DLC for official content, man this is the end. 

I prefer to not have in the game, in besides to pay an extra for a official content not a "real" dlc. 

I am just being realistic.. It is EA after all. 🙂

I doubt they can just  use ea recourses just like that probably no one has experience with the ego engine from ea and to train that person isn't a quick easy task. They have explained it takes about a year to make a track so I doubt with current circumstances they will be able to get it done in the 2021 life cycle. Remember these are strange times and game development is not an easy task especially in these current work environments I would rather they just carry on focusing making sure there are no bugs and they try not to crunch. 

1 minute ago, CptBalloonhands said:

I am just being realistic.. It is EA after all. 🙂

I agree with you, but if EA follow this path they will start with the wrong foot, this is not FIFA community and the License of F1 is crucial, so they need to try their best to no mess with F1 community. 

Hope they can do an amazing job for this year. 

15 minutes ago, Nightfire1964 said:

I doubt they can just  use ea recourses just like that probably no one has experience with the ego engine from ea and to train that person isn't a quick easy task. They have explained it takes about a year to make a track so I doubt with current circumstances they will be able to get it done in the 2021 life cycle. Remember these are strange times and game development is not an easy task especially in these current work environments I would rather they just carry on focusing making sure there are no bugs and they try not to crunch. 

Yeah I know. I think there is a remote possibility for it to happen. But given that these games are annual releases and the Turkey track even with a slightly larger dedicated team working on only the Turkey track it would probably still take about 6 months to build, that would put it in a release window sometime around October/November/December, by which time we would be way too close to the next season (and game) already for it to be worth it for them. But I'm holding on to the remote possibility. Who knows.

They used laser scanning for Zandvoort and it still took them forever to build the full track. Laser scanning only gives you the track in high density. They then would need to manually trace over the high density geometry and build an optimized, game-ready version of it, UV map all the surfaces, texture them, add collision and physics properties, set up TV cameras, train AI, etc. That is why it takes so long.

1 minute ago, Nightfire1964 said:

trochę ciężko z obecną pandemią, a indyk właśnie został zablokowany, więc nie ma możliwości, aby mogli to zrobić 

Reportedly, many of the tracks had already been laser scanned before the premiere of F1 2020. Apparently, Imola was laser scanned, but it is not known whether to F1 2021 but maybe ...

Just now, CptBalloonhands said:

They used laser scanning for Zandvoort and it still took them forever to build the full track. Laser scanning only gives you the track in high density. They then would need to manually trace over the high density geometry and build an optimized, game-ready version of it, UV map all the surfaces, texture them, add collision and physics properties, set up TV cameras, train AI, etc. That is why it takes so long.

i could be wrong but i thought it wasn't laser scanned rather as it's on protected land they had a significant amount of data to make the track

Just now, AndRe5550148 said:

Reportedly, many of the tracks had already been laser scanned before the premiere of F1 2020. Apparently, Imola was laser scanned, but it is not known whether to F1 2021 but maybe ...

Do you have a source for that information?

Many of the tracks in F1 2020 are very outdated/inaccurate in terms of kerbing and track elevation etc. It would be great if they could finally update all of them with proper laser scanned versions.

1 minute ago, Nightfire1964 said:

i could be wrong but i thought it wasn't laser scanned rather as it's on protected land they had a significant amount of data to make the track

There was a kind of making-of video that they released about the Zandvoort track. They did walk around the whole track with cameras to take texture source photos. I think they mentioned laser-scanning as well, but I could be wrong. Link to video:

Just now, CptBalloonhands said:

There was a kind of making-of video that they released about the Zandvoort track. They did walk around the whole track with cameras to take texture source photos. I think they mentioned laser-scanning as well, but I could be wrong. Link to video:

yeah i have seen it a while ago but wasn't to sure if they mentioned if they scanned it

1 minute ago, CptBalloonhands said:

Czy masz źródło tych informacji?

Wiele torów w F1 2020 jest bardzo przestarzałych / niedokładnych pod względem krawężników, elewacji itp. Byłoby wspaniale, gdyby w końcu mogli zaktualizować je wszystkie za pomocą odpowiednich wersji zeskanowanych laserowo.

Some journalist from sky sports said that they allegedly had laser scanned before the Grand Prix and it was possible that it was for F1 2021. You are right they are old. They had laser scanned before F1 2020 but brought theirs into the game. They said they had better.

I second this, Turkey circuit should be in the 2021 game, because meanwhile this is the 2nd consecutive season IRL F1 is driving there. Besides, the new tracks will be delivered somewhat late anyway, so why not include Turkey as well. Its about time, I will vote with my wallet.

5 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

Oh joy. The new game isn't even out yet and the 'will this track be added' threads have already started 🙄.

haha i know seems doesn't feel like a year ago we had these same discussions. i just want to add if people cause i know some people say "but it's part of the official calendar" we all know this years and last years is going be flexible with covid and if you want the official calendar that may change a bit then i guess we shouldn't have Canada in the game or why did they include Zandvoort, Vietnam, and the other tracks that we didn't attend last year even though they weren't in the calendar that was a "revised calendar"

Ha ha ha! Yes, yes, yes! If they’d listen to me about including Istanbul Park in the game in some form from last year, they would have been ahead of the effort this announcement mandates. Now off to laser scanning the track so it’s included in the game at launch date. YES, YES, YES and YES again! 

13 minutes ago, FOneFanatic said:

Ha ha ha! Yes, yes, yes! If they’d listen to me about including Istanbul Park in the game in some form from last year, they would have been ahead of the effort this announcement mandates. Now off to laser scanning the track so it’s included in the game at launch date. YES, YES, YES and YES again! 

erm i mean Turkey currently is officially going into lockdown tomorrow so i doubt codies would risk there staffs health.

F1 2021 is the officially licensed F1 video game that replicates the ORIGINAL schedule that FIA announced for F1 2021 season. We will get the additional tracks that are part of this year's official calendar. Turkey unfortunately was NOT on the official schedule. That being said, we have no insight whatsoever on what type of agreement was signed with F1 and the game developers/publishers/stakeholders, there might be a clause that would allow a track that's previously not featured on the official calendar, however I highly doubt that will happen, considering the unusual circumstances and events that took place in the past year, plus the constant changing health measurements that would require a site survey for each track that's being added to the calendar due to the original track unable to host the F1 event.

52 minutes ago, Sector4 said:

Also, they need to build everything outside of the actual track, too.

43 minutes ago, Nightfire1964 said:

erm i mean Turkey currently is officially going into lockdown tomorrow so i doubt codies would risk there staffs health.

I have read both of these arguments ever so often. While either of them are true, that is just one part of the story:

Codemasters have stated on several occasions that adding the surroundings about a circuit, to make it look "real", would be very time consuming. But if you had the chance, to race on a Turkey track without trees, without buildings, without grandstands, would you rather take it and find your braking points and see how racing on that track would be, or would your rather renounce it completely? Now I understand that if you are a publisher, you will not want to sell such an unfinished product (ooooh wait, they were going to add tracks later during the year, were they not...), but if we had the oppotunity to use some kind of in game editor, sorts, to load also the unfinished tracks and play on a blanc track if we preferred to, I would for sure take the opportunity and drive there. I tend to focus the streets and other cars a lot more than the surroundings anyway...

Besides, as for the laser scanning staff health argument, dont you think FIA or F1 management has very good data available concerning their race tracks? Dont you think all the F1 teams have that very same identical data set, or what do you think their team simulators were based on? See, if someone really wanted to, and if that someone was EA with the license to print money, they would certainly find a way to obtain circuit data without travelling to turkey IRL. And lets not forget, we are all enjoying the drive with F1 2020 now, where hardly any laser scan data is present (yes there is some, but not even one complete laser scanned track, at least not that the Codies did let us know yet). In fact most of that track data we use at the moment is a few years old by now.

Having F1 data regarding health concerns has absolutely nothing to do whatsoever with neither Codemasters or EA. They are a separate entity with their guidelines and policies regarding safety and health procedures.
Also, you are mistaken that any F1 team has any obligation to provide any data to a video game developer company. There is a reason why F1 teams are secretive about collected data for decades now.

2 hours ago, AndRe5550148 said:

I think there is a very small chance of that.
Even Imola, Portimao and Jeddah will not make it on time, let alone add another track. According to the leaks, there were supposed to be two historical tracks, maybe Turkey would be one of them.

If codemasters actually started to offer tracks beyond the calender to begin with. (yes I know so called licensing issues blah blah blah)  There job would be a lot easier of including replaced tracks last minute.  

If your going by the officially announced calendar then Portugal and San Marino shouldn't be in this year's then 

I just thought that they might add the Covid 2020 race calendar as well as this year's race calendar in a way where F1 2014 was added with F1 2015 game 

Is there no way of porting the Turkish track over from a previous game and freshening it up as the track isn't much different to when they previously before last year ? 

f111111.png

Ok but Portugal and San Marino wasn't added till end of February I think but there still being added in to game this as it's official so they must of been working on the tracks since last year as from what I've seen on here it takes a year for each track to make otherwise they wouldn't be added till end of the year or next year 

7 hours ago, AndRe5550148 said:

If they scanned the tracks with a laser, it would be faster than doing them from scratch.

You have not done it before so why assume? Laser tracking just gives you elevation and measure. It doesn’t build the track. 

13 hours ago, ragequit1 said:

F1 2021 is the officially licensed F1 video game that replicates the ORIGINAL schedule that FIA announced for F1 2021 season. We will get the additional tracks that are part of this year's official calendar. Turkey unfortunately was NOT on the official schedule. That being said, we have no insight whatsoever on what type of agreement was signed with F1 and the game developers/publishers/stakeholders, there might be a clause that would allow a track that's previously not featured on the official calendar, however I highly doubt that will happen, considering the unusual circumstances and events that took place in the past year, plus the constant changing health measurements that would require a site survey for each track that's being added to the calendar due to the original track unable to host the F1 event.

Thank you. Your post is like a breath of fresh air and is a fair and realistic approach to the situation.

6 hours ago, Hubbard89 said:

Ok but Portugal and San Marino wasn't added till end of February I think but there still being added in to game this as it's official so they must of been working on the tracks since last year as from what I've seen on here it takes a year for each track to make otherwise they wouldn't be added till end of the year or next year 

I may be wrong but I think it's probably the calendar agreed at the start of the season that will be viewed as definitive by Codemasters. This is what they've said they'll deliver based on the game launch info. based on the tracks we were told that would be added post-launch.

3 minutes ago, Shark2Racing said:

Istanbul was part of An earlier F1 Game with EgovEngine by Codemaster - so they have the track layout ......

Yes from like 2012 which in software differences is quite massive with next gen consoles out now there would be still a fair amount they would have to change it wouldn't be a simple copy and paste and that's if they still have it somewhere and the ego has come a long way from what it was like in 2012. 

36 minutes ago, THEHAMZAGAMER12 said:

so i think now is the appropriate time to close this topic @BarryBL

lol yeah go ahead and cut off all the community reactions towards the developer following a youtuber, so devs and publisher never find out what their buyers expect from their games 😄 Besides, as long as there is no official confirmation by the developers, which circuits they will release "later" for 2021, I am not buying any rumors like this anyway. Needless to say, not buying the game either, if the 2nd consecutive year IRL circuits are not in the game, there is no point then, you can just play any other old iteration of the game instead.

3 minutes ago, Nightfire1964 said:

Yes from like 2012 which in software differences is quite massive with next gen consoles out now there would be still a fair amount they would have to change it wouldn't be a simple copy and paste and that's if they still have it somewhere and the ego has come a long way from what it was like in 2012. 

Didn’t say It would be easy ....

Archived