Jump to content Jump to content

Turkey in F1 2021

Codemasters knows faster about the changes in the calendar than we do, Turkey has been talked about some time ago that it will replace Canada. Maybe let's just wait for information from someone who knows something about it.

and then also get the ai to run on the track make track limits program safety car to go around also get it verified by stakeholders just to add a few other things sector4

edit: oh whilst it's still in my head add flag sectors

Edited by Nightfire1964
13 minutes ago, FOneFanatic said:

Ha ha ha! Yes, yes, yes! If they’d listen to me about including Istanbul Park in the game in some form from last year, they would have been ahead of the effort this announcement mandates. Now off to laser scanning the track so it’s included in the game at launch date. YES, YES, YES and YES again! 

erm i mean Turkey currently is officially going into lockdown tomorrow so i doubt codies would risk there staffs health.

Edited by Nightfire1964
  • Agree 1

F1 2021 is the officially licensed F1 video game that replicates the ORIGINAL schedule that FIA announced for F1 2021 season. We will get the additional tracks that are part of this year's official calendar. Turkey unfortunately was NOT on the official schedule. That being said, we have no insight whatsoever on what type of agreement was signed with F1 and the game developers/publishers/stakeholders, there might be a clause that would allow a track that's previously not featured on the official calendar, however I highly doubt that will happen, considering the unusual circumstances and events that took place in the past year, plus the constant changing health measurements that would require a site survey for each track that's being added to the calendar due to the original track unable to host the F1 event.

• Like 1
  • Agree 4
52 minutes ago, Sector4 said:

Also, they need to build everything outside of the actual track, too.

43 minutes ago, Nightfire1964 said:

erm i mean Turkey currently is officially going into lockdown tomorrow so i doubt codies would risk there staffs health.

I have read both of these arguments ever so often. While either of them are true, that is just one part of the story:

Codemasters have stated on several occasions that adding the surroundings about a circuit, to make it look "real", would be very time consuming. But if you had the chance, to race on a Turkey track without trees, without buildings, without grandstands, would you rather take it and find your braking points and see how racing on that track would be, or would your rather renounce it completely? Now I understand that if you are a publisher, you will not want to sell such an unfinished product (ooooh wait, they were going to add tracks later during the year, were they not...), but if we had the oppotunity to use some kind of in game editor, sorts, to load also the unfinished tracks and play on a blanc track if we preferred to, I would for sure take the opportunity and drive there. I tend to focus the streets and other cars a lot more than the surroundings anyway...

Besides, as for the laser scanning staff health argument, dont you think FIA or F1 management has very good data available concerning their race tracks? Dont you think all the F1 teams have that very same identical data set, or what do you think their team simulators were based on? See, if someone really wanted to, and if that someone was EA with the license to print money, they would certainly find a way to obtain circuit data without travelling to turkey IRL. And lets not forget, we are all enjoying the drive with F1 2020 now, where hardly any laser scan data is present (yes there is some, but not even one complete laser scanned track, at least not that the Codies did let us know yet). In fact most of that track data we use at the moment is a few years old by now.

Having F1 data regarding health concerns has absolutely nothing to do whatsoever with neither Codemasters or EA. They are a separate entity with their guidelines and policies regarding safety and health procedures.
Also, you are mistaken that any F1 team has any obligation to provide any data to a video game developer company. There is a reason why F1 teams are secretive about collected data for decades now.

• Agree 1
2 hours ago, AndRe5550148 said:

I think there is a very small chance of that.
Even Imola, Portimao and Jeddah will not make it on time, let alone add another track. According to the leaks, there were supposed to be two historical tracks, maybe Turkey would be one of them.

If codemasters actually started to offer tracks beyond the calender to begin with. (yes I know so called licensing issues blah blah blah)  There job would be a lot easier of including replaced tracks last minute.  

If your going by the officially announced calendar then Portugal and San Marino shouldn't be in this year's then 

I just thought that they might add the Covid 2020 race calendar as well as this year's race calendar in a way where F1 2014 was added with F1 2015 game 

Is there no way of porting the Turkish track over from a previous game and freshening it up as the track isn't much different to when they previously before last year ? 

f111111.png

Ok but Portugal and San Marino wasn't added till end of February I think but there still being added in to game this as it's official so they must of been working on the tracks since last year as from what I've seen on here it takes a year for each track to make otherwise they wouldn't be added till end of the year or next year 

7 hours ago, AndRe5550148 said:

If they scanned the tracks with a laser, it would be faster than doing them from scratch.

You have not done it before so why assume? Laser tracking just gives you elevation and measure. It doesn’t build the track. 

13 hours ago, ragequit1 said:

F1 2021 is the officially licensed F1 video game that replicates the ORIGINAL schedule that FIA announced for F1 2021 season. We will get the additional tracks that are part of this year's official calendar. Turkey unfortunately was NOT on the official schedule. That being said, we have no insight whatsoever on what type of agreement was signed with F1 and the game developers/publishers/stakeholders, there might be a clause that would allow a track that's previously not featured on the official calendar, however I highly doubt that will happen, considering the unusual circumstances and events that took place in the past year, plus the constant changing health measurements that would require a site survey for each track that's being added to the calendar due to the original track unable to host the F1 event.

Thank you. Your post is like a breath of fresh air and is a fair and realistic approach to the situation.

6 hours ago, Hubbard89 said:

Ok but Portugal and San Marino wasn't added till end of February I think but there still being added in to game this as it's official so they must of been working on the tracks since last year as from what I've seen on here it takes a year for each track to make otherwise they wouldn't be added till end of the year or next year 

I may be wrong but I think it's probably the calendar agreed at the start of the season that will be viewed as definitive by Codemasters. This is what they've said they'll deliver based on the game launch info. based on the tracks we were told that would be added post-launch.

3 minutes ago, Shark2Racing said:

Istanbul was part of An earlier F1 Game with EgovEngine by Codemaster - so they have the track layout ......

Yes from like 2012 which in software differences is quite massive with next gen consoles out now there would be still a fair amount they would have to change it wouldn't be a simple copy and paste and that's if they still have it somewhere and the ego has come a long way from what it was like in 2012. 

• Agree 1
36 minutes ago, THEHAMZAGAMER12 said:

so i think now is the appropriate time to close this topic @BarryBL

lol yeah go ahead and cut off all the community reactions towards the developer following a youtuber, so devs and publisher never find out what their buyers expect from their games 😄 Besides, as long as there is no official confirmation by the developers, which circuits they will release "later" for 2021, I am not buying any rumors like this anyway. Needless to say, not buying the game either, if the 2nd consecutive year IRL circuits are not in the game, there is no point then, you can just play any other old iteration of the game instead.

3 minutes ago, Nightfire1964 said:

Yes from like 2012 which in software differences is quite massive with next gen consoles out now there would be still a fair amount they would have to change it wouldn't be a simple copy and paste and that's if they still have it somewhere and the ego has come a long way from what it was like in 2012. 

Didn’t say It would be easy ....