Jump to content Jump to content

Turkey in F1 2021


Hub31

Recommended Posts

What I dont get is people consistently claiming how little time was left for the new game and how hard it was to implement circuits. Look back a year instead? Developers could have released a payed DLC with the missing 2020 tracks for F1 2020 (kind of the same way they are planning with the later release of tracks this year, anyway), and meanwhile it is 3/4 of a year back that it was known tracks like Imola etc. would be driven IRL in 2020. Not only would a payed DLC have raised the funds needed to implement 3 more tracks later on, but by now it would already be done, the "official" F1 2020 game would have been completed, and the track data could even be used for upcoming iterations of the game. And now tell me making up cosmetic items for season pass was more important and brought more funds over the last year... Other developers are doing this all time with track addons, and if a big gaming company would not be able to add 3 circuits within 3/4 of a year, you must wonder how they were able to release annual iterations of the game back to back all 12 months anyway.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Schneehase said:

Besides, as long as there is no official confirmation by the developers, which circuits they will release "later" for 2021,

The game launch info. is fairly clear, and I'm sure will remain accurate since arguably people have pre-ordered on the basis of it being so. Any inclusion of Turkey would need to be additional and to be honest this seems very unlikely to me, although obviously a very nice bonus if it did :classic_smile:.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

iirc, CM bought the laser scan data for Zandvoort from the ACC devs... and then did their thing with everything else.

Wondering if it's possible to do the same thing again, with whomever has the data for Istanbul, and maybe mitigate some of the development time... and MAYBE get it into the game at a later date.

For what it's worth, while I'm disappointed that Istanbul will likely not see the light of day in the game... I'm more than happy with having Imola and Portimao.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, THEHAMZAGAMER12 said:

So yeah this tweet from Tiametmarduk, confirming turkey WONT be in the game, so i think now is the appropriate time to close this topic @BarryBL3D02AF44-1EF5-408B-9B2E-20F0A39C1567.thumb.png.883b6e45f8704c71370b3c3a3fd1743b.png

Until it's confirmed by codemasters this is just speculative information or fake news for the time being.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/28/2021 at 2:19 PM, Nightfire1964 said:

 I would rather they just carry on focusing making sure there are no bugs and they try not to crunch. 

Agreed. The less bugs on launch, the better.  I can live without Turkey (for now) as long as the game is being polished.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/29/2021 at 8:11 PM, DrDraken said:

Agreed. The less bugs on launch, the better.  I can live without Turkey (for now) as long as the game is being polished.

No way. We can’t have an ‘official’ game where we can’t race the actual tracks 2 years running.

Last year was bad enough, but as someone else has said they could have been working on Imola, Portimao and Istanbul for the best part of a year now. They should be added as an update to F1 2020 and included in F1 2021.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, kalamazoo123 said:

No way. We can’t have an ‘official’ game where we can’t race the actual tracks 2 years running.

Last year was bad enough, but as someone else has said they could have been working on Imola, Portimao and Istanbul for the best part of a year now. They should be added as an update to F1 2020 and included in F1 2021.

They could have worked on the tracks / yeah

Instead they work on a ******** Drama Rama Story Mode ....

Sorry - the license shoul go somewhere else !

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So, in many other games or genres developers times release their development tools to public, sometimes way after release of a game. I would really love to see what the community could come up with in what timeframe, if we only had some track building tool that would allow us to import circuits we created ourselves.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/1/2021 at 9:05 PM, kalamazoo123 said:

Last year was bad enough, but as someone else has said they could have been working on Imola, Portimao and Istanbul for the best part of a year now. They should be added as an update to F1 2020 and included in F1 2021.

I assume you realise Portimao and Imola will be added as free DLC to F1 2021 at some point post-launch? The chances of you getting Istanbul are slim though from what Tiametmarduk reported on Twitter.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/29/2021 at 5:34 PM, HDR10 said:

But ACC doesn't have the banked version of Zandvoort, though. 

On 4/29/2021 at 8:02 PM, Sector4 said:

No, they got the laser scan data from the circuit or the company that built it but it was slightly inaccurate compared to what the track ended up being like. 

So presumable, nobody had got around to scanning the banks yet... because they were new... which meant they got the pre-bank version of an otherwise accurate track.

Of course I'm not a dev and correct me if I'm wrong, but that still meant a good portion of the track didn't really need touching, saving work and spending that on parts that needed it.

Also... Imola, Portimao and Istanbul haven't had any big changes as far as I'm aware, so pulling in the data again and cutting some of the work down might not be such a bad idea 🤷‍♂️

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

The chances of you getting Istanbul are slim though

imho you forfait rights to call this game series "official" once you are not adding a track which has been driven in the championship for more than one year. I can see a developer skipping a track which jumps in only once due to the pandemic etc., but who knows Turkey might be driven a 3rd time in 2022 and then what?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Schneehase said:

imho you forfait rights to call this game series "official" once you are not adding a track which has been driven in the championship for more than one year. I can see a developer skipping a track which jumps in only once due to the pandemic etc., but who knows Turkey might be driven a 3rd time in 2022 and then what?

If Turkey will be on the officially released F1 calendar for 2022 and the contracts will be written up between the publishers, game developers, sanctioning body (FIA), Liberty Media, and the rest of the stakeholders that the official game must include it, then I can guarantee you 100% that Istanbul Park will be in the game. And if Turkey will be dropped at some point after the that agreement is signed, I also guarantee you that it will remain in the game.
Some of you don't realize that adding and removing a track is not a simple task. Beyond the coding, there is legal and license agreements involved that requires time and work to accomplish and revise and takes both parties to reach agreement.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Liberty Media and the FIA currently has MUCH higher priorities with the ever changing travel, government, health restrictions that may disrupt the pre-planned season, than running to Codemaster's HQ with a newly revised contract on what the game must have.

Also, at this stage of the game development, it is almost a finished product and the focus begins on testing, polishing and revising the code to make sure the game launches with the least amount of bugs. Even though the game has a solid code baseline from the previous year, it is still a gargantuan task and I completely understand why the 3 new tracks in this year will be added later in the year to the game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Turkey has been added as a very short notice replacement for Canada being cancelled. I don't see what difference it makes that it also ended up in the rearranged 2020 season.

I would also personally miss Canada if it were removed from the new game.

What I'm most concerned about is how long we'll need to wait for the new tracks we are getting in F1 2021, and how the race calendars in game will deal with this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, ragequit1 said:

If Turkey will be on the officially released F1 calendar for 2022 and the contracts will be written up between the publishers, game developers, sanctioning body (FIA), Liberty Media, and the rest of the stakeholders that the official game must include it, then I can guarantee you 100% that Istanbul Park will be in the game. And if Turkey will be dropped at some point after the that agreement is signed, I also guarantee you that it will remain in the game.
Some of you don't realize that adding and removing a track is not a simple task. Beyond the coding, there is legal and license agreements involved that requires time and work to accomplish and revise and takes both parties to reach agreement.

Not saying this quote was not true, but you can look at it in another way as well:

It has now been the 2nd consecutive year, where the official F1 calendar is what it is, and in the end we have a championship with an insecure total number of races on tracks that are somewhat unexpected. So far, so spicy. Chances are, this might go on in 2022 or even in years to come.

Why not implement this mechanic into the game: As a player you are picking a championship of 22 races out of a pool of 28 tracks. The game randomizes the championship for you in a way, that 3-6 of these races are not being held, with 2-4 of them being held on different tracks out of the pool Imola, Portimao, Bahrain short and so on. That would be super realistic - sure, on the other hand you would have to do a few tracks. But can we let aside that ongoing argument how complicated life / pandemic / making tracks is, for a moment please? That is just repeated over and over again, and honestly, that affects any person on the planet at the moment and is nothing a player / buyer has to tell a developer (ask someone who has been running a business during these last 2 years). Rather spend a second thinking how complicated it was for the IRL promotors of F1 at the moment:

As far as legal concerns go, dont you think that is a lot more complicated IRL to "just" have a circuit step in during the year and hold a race? Legal, TV contracts, track safety, advertising, and so on... And still the F1 promoter / FIA manage(d) to do this. I would assume a game developer has his legal stuff solved with a single or max 2 contracts with the FIA and with the F1 promoter (see the footer on the F1 2020 game website), everything else would be completely impractical to do. They do for sure not have agreements with any of the track promotors directly. As long as any race on any track is an official F1 race, I dont suppose they would have any legal issue to implement this track into the "official" game. There might be other issues, like the contract stating which quality of the track was required, though. May some Codemaster stuff prove this wrong, but please stop the speculations about legal. Why should they hinder us players to express what would be awesome to see / to have in the (future) game?

As of Turkey not being on the official calendar of the FIA when released, that is perfectly clear and cannot be our subject of discussion here.

Just the 2 cents of a little white hare, ofc. 😄 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Sector4 said:

hen again, between February 2020 and February 2021, Assetto Corsa Competizione got 8 new tracks released as paid DLC (Donington Park, Oulton Park, Snetterton, Imola, Bathurst, Suzuka, Laguna Seca, Kyalami). Would have gotten Magny-Cours, too, if it wasn't for travel restrictions. 

All laser scanned, made by a company that has 30 employees compared to the 700 people working at Codemasters and nobody can honestly say that they are significantly inferior to the tracks in F1 games. Some might even say that they are superior. 

What makes you confident all of these tracks were made from scratch in a short period of time. A 30s Google shows that Suzuka was in AC (not ACC) in 2018 for example. I'm not saying other games haven't added new tracks with apparent speed/ease but I have a feeling you may be underselling the work involved here.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

700 staff aren't solely working on tracks for an unreleased game. It's most likely a similar number of people. DLC is also completely different since that is the sole focus and not the rest of the game as well.

They also havent had a full year, they've had since the tracks were announced on the calendar which wasn't long ago. Say what you like about them being raced at last year, but they weren't on this years calendar originally so there wasn't reason to work on them. Or are they expected to preemptively add a bunch of tracks just in case they might get included while getting additional licensing for them, since they wouldn't be included in the 2021 licensing?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The track discussions all seem to go the same, wrong way. It doesnt matter if it takes long, or if work is involved or not. All these statements are either speculation, incomplete or false. None other than company staff knows how many people there work on what, knows what the budget is and so on. That is all empty discussions and speculations. It matters though, if you would like to see track a or track b in the game, if it is not in yet. Why bother with the issues the developer has, from the POV of a buyer / player?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Schneehase said:

The track discussions all seem to go the same, wrong way. It doesnt matter if it takes long, or if work is involved or not.

It really does because people keep making demands about what must happen when without seemingly considering what may be practical or commercially viable. No we are not in a position to know the details from Codemasters' perspective, which should be further reason to stop making demands.

Obviously everyone would love all new tracks, plus Turkey and potentially others, to be in the F1 2021 game at launch. As I'm sure would the Codemasters team. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Ultra3142 said:

because people keep making demands about

I think we should distinguish between players expressing their wishes (and that is one reason all developers run forums, so they learn, free feedback is extremely valuable for them) and buyers demanding something they feel has not been fulfilled. And the part on which we seem to disagree is, that Codies are not in need anyone defending them or justifing for them, why / why not something is in their games. They are able to do this themselves, if they want to. And for everything else I agree with your latter 2 sentences above so you still got my thumbsup 😄

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Schneehase said:

I think we should distinguish between players expressing their wishes (and that is one reason all developers run forums, so they learn, free feedback is extremely valuable for them) and buyers demanding something they feel has not been fulfilled. And the part on which we seem to disagree is, that Codies are not in need anyone defending them or justifing for them, why / why not something is in their games. They are able to do this themselves, if they want to. And for everything else I agree with your latter 2 sentences above so you still got my thumbsup 😄

You have made demands yourself if you check back through your posts, relating to what must happen for the game to still call itself 'official'. (Not sure if in this thread or another.)

I don't fully follow the rest of your post to be honest. I certainly don't think Codemasters needs anyone to 'defend' them. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

relating to what must happen for the game to still call itself 'official'.

Not quite - I wrote they would forfait their rights to further call this an official game, if tracks are not being included, which have been driven on in 2 concecutive years. It might read a bit harsh perhaps, I tend to be direct, honest and as constructive as possible (plus writing in a foreign language here as well). But anyway, i am not the angry buyer time, I like the game and that is why i am being involved here and silly enough to share my bad driving on youtube^^. It is not that what I think would be correct or let along be important, it is just that I think feedback is very important, especially now when a company takeover is happening. I doubt EA had any influence on F1 2021 yet (time related) but with 2022 that will be a completly different story and there still is time trying to steer this into a direction which we enthusiasts might have an influence on, giving feedback on the forums.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, Sector4 said:

Suzuka in the original Assetto Corsa was made by modders, not the company that made the game. 

Also, in case you missed it, I said that Magny-Cours was going to be in ACC but they couldn't get there because of COVID restrictions. Those have been going on for about a year so the earliest they could have started working on the track was last spring. If they had been able to get there, they would have released it along with Imola in November 2020. About half a year from zero to release. 

That didn't really answer my question about whether you were confident that the tracks had been created from scratch? An example of something that didn't happen also doesn't particularly prove a point. I'm not trying to be argumentative here - I'm interested in what was actually done. 

On the wider point above I strongly believe that there is huge value is suggestions made by members here to improve the game, and like pretty much everyone else I wish more could be implemented faster by Codemasters :classic_smile:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/29/2021 at 9:24 AM, Nightfire1964 said:

Yes from like 2012 which in software differences is quite massive with next gen consoles out now there would be still a fair amount they would have to change it wouldn't be a simple copy and paste and that's if they still have it somewhere and the ego has come a long way from what it was like in 2012. 

I played Grid Autosport yesterday which has the Istanbul Park circuit was released in 2014. The problem is that game is running on ego3, F1 2021 will be running on ego4 it's up to codemasters to make the modifications to port it over if it's possible.  

GRID Autosport 2017 04 16 turkey - YouTube

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Chromatic said:

I played Grid Autosport yesterday which has the Istanbul Park circuit was released in 2014. The problem is that game is running on ego3, F1 2021 will be running on ego4 it's up to codemasters to make the modifications to port it over if it's possible.  

GRID Autosport 2017 04 16 turkey - YouTube

cheers never knew that. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Chromatic said:

I played Grid Autosport yesterday which has the Istanbul Park circuit was released in 2014. The problem is that game is running on ego3, F1 2021 will be running on ego4 it's up to codemasters to make the modifications to port it over if it's possible.  

GRID Autosport 2017 04 16 turkey - YouTube

Ports are possible. GRID 2019 have tracks from GRID Autosport.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

see i think also the biggest challenge we have also forgot to mention is that codies are having to make this game for a wide range of platforms you have the next gen consoles then the current gens and what the new PC's with their new hardware which is a challenge. Some studios have shown how hard it can be with the likes of cyberpunk 2077.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Nightfire1964 said:

see i think also the biggest challenge we have also forgot to mention is that codies are having to make this game for a wide range of platforms you have the next gen consoles then the current gens and what the new PC's with their new hardware which is a challenge. Some studios have shown how hard it can be with the likes of cyberpunk 2077.

Methinks they do this because it makes a lot of $$$$$$ why should I think of it as a problem? Do you guys really think that way all day, like uh oh how difficult it was for Tesla to buy and produce all theses batteries, when you walk into a store to buy a car and tell the dealer which version you prefer? Then why does everyone do it here? I dont get this 😄

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Schneehase said:

Methinks they do this because it makes a lot of $$$$$$ why should I think of it as a problem? Do you guys really think that way all day, like uh oh how difficult it was for Tesla to buy and produce all theses batteries, when you walk into a store to buy a car and tell the dealer which version you prefer? Then why does everyone do it here? I dont get this 😄

The point was it's an added complication this year vs last. More to do with finite resources means less scope to be doing other thing...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Schneehase said:

Methinks they do this because it makes a lot of $$$$$$ why should I think of it as a problem? Do you guys really think that way all day, like uh oh how difficult it was for Tesla to buy and produce all theses batteries, when you walk into a store to buy a car and tell the dealer which version you prefer? Then why does everyone do it here? I dont get this 😄

erm nope i'm just very much into knowing how things work especially with entertainment be behind the scenes of concerts and shows to how video games are made etc. i guess i'm like this because i do stuff behind the scenes so i'm always interested into it. Is that a bad thing to do i really don't get where your coming at with if you should think it's a problem as i just follow allot of gaming news and most places are going through the same challenges

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Nightfire1964 said:

see i think also the biggest challenge we have also forgot to mention is that codies are having to make this game for a wide range of platforms you have the next gen consoles then the current gens and what the new PC's with their new hardware which is a challenge. Some studios have shown how hard it can be with the likes of cyberpunk 2077.

Just for info as there might be some misconceptions about how development studios tackle multiple platforms, when you build environment art such as for a race track you would always build all the content for PC/high-end consoles, and downgrades for lower spec consoles and PCs can be set up to happen automatically by using LODs/LOD kill distances (for example on PS4 objects like tire barriers could swap to a lesser detailed version of the object sooner or even skip the most detailed version of the object entirely, compared to PC/PS5).  Textures can be set up to automatically display a lower-resolution version on platform X/Y/Z. So, having to build a racetrack for multiple platforms should not have an impact on production times really.

Also, laser-scanning is great, especially for track accuracy but all it does is provide the artist with a high density blueprint of the track to trace the actual game geometry over. So all the road surfaces, curbing etc still needs to be created anyway, and in a game-ready state that isn't millions of triangles per square-metre like the scan data would be. A scan is essentially like 3D tracing paper but the actual geometry, texturing etc still needs to happen. You can't just scan a track and put it in the game as is. You can however use laser-scan 3D data and bake its details into texture data to use on lower-density game geometry, so it's still very useful and can help speed up certain aspects of development and help achieve a more life-like end result.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, CptBalloonhands said:

Just for info as there might be some misconceptions about how development studios tackle multiple platforms, when you build environment art such as for a race track you would always build all the content for PC/high-end consoles, and downgrades for lower spec consoles and PCs can be set up to happen automatically by using LODs/LOD kill distances (for example on PS4 objects like tire barriers could swap to a lesser detailed version of the object sooner or even skip the most detailed version of the object entirely, compared to PC/PS5).  Textures can be set up to automatically display a lower-resolution version on platform X/Y/Z. So, having to build a racetrack for multiple platforms should not have an impact on production times really.

Also, laser-scanning is great, especially for track accuracy but all it does is provide the artist with a high density blueprint of the track to trace the actual game geometry over. So all the road surfaces, curbing etc still needs to be created anyway, and in a game-ready state that isn't millions of triangles per square-metre like the scan data would be. A scan is essentially like 3D tracing paper but the actual geometry, texturing etc still needs to happen. You can't just scan a track and put it in the game as is. You can however use laser-scan 3D data and bake its details into texture data to use on lower-density game geometry, so it's still very useful and can help speed up certain aspects of development and help achieve a more life-like end result.

 

Well - laser scans Tv material - drones - a log of technology these days available- but if you hold the license for a century- why making any progress- or what community wants ???

competition is a must here .....

Do we really want to pay for some new car colors and name changes in a few teams - or do we want to pay for new tracks - better Multiplayer?

Do we want to pay for new nonsense like drama Rama -

or new tracks and improvements in Multiplayer??

you decide / of you buy and spent them another coffee for free ......

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Shark2Racing said:

Do we really want to pay for some new car colors and name changes in a few teams - or do we want to pay for new tracks - better Multiplayer?

Do we want to pay for new nonsense like drama Rama -

or new tracks and improvements in Multiplayer??

you decide / of you buy and spent them another coffee for free ......

F1 2020 will have three new tracks (although we don't know when exactly) and we won't truly know about possible multiplayer improvements until the game has been released. 

Also bear in mind that different people have different priorities in the game. Reading through the beta testing applications thread it is clear a lot of people are very happy about the addition of the 2-player career mode option for example. I think across the whole player base it is career modes that are of greatest importance rather than multiplayer, much as the more experienced/best players may care far more about the latter. And I'm saying this as someone who has so far spent precisely zero hours playing career modes in F1 2020.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Schneehase said:

Methinks they do this because it makes a lot of $$$$$$ why should I think of it as a problem? Do you guys really think that way all day, like uh oh how difficult it was for Tesla to buy and produce all theses batteries, when you walk into a store to buy a car and tell the dealer which version you prefer? Then why does everyone do it here? I dont get this 😄

Agree with this totally. There’s so much negativity here... they can’t do this because x or that would be difficult because y.

Constructive feedback and wish-lists (even when sometimes expressed harshly) are valuable to Codies.  Half the forum (or mostly just a few individuals on every thread) poo pooing every idea or request has no value.

Codies can or can’t / will or wont do certain things - there’s nothing wrong with asking for them. There is no point at all piping up to talk about how easy/difficult those things are. We don’t have the full facts and it’s pointless anyway as it’s not our priority call on resources.

It would be far more valuable to Codies for people to share their opinions on how much they want or don’t want new tracks (or any new suggested feature) rather than their views on how achievable they think that request is.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think the exciting thing is that there is a clear demand for track options. So maybe future editions will look into that. 

Especially if the EA involvement means more staff to actually do the legwork some take for granted. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, kalamazoo123 said:

Agree with this totally. There’s so much negativity here... they can’t do this because x or that would be difficult because y.

Constructive feedback and wish-lists (even when sometimes expressed harshly) are valuable to Codies.  Half the forum (or mostly just a few individuals on every thread) poo pooing every idea or request has no value.

Codies can or can’t / will or wont do certain things - there’s nothing wrong with asking for them. There is no point at all piping up to talk about how easy/difficult those things are. We don’t have the full facts and it’s pointless anyway as it’s not our priority call on resources.

It would be far more valuable to Codies for people to share their opinions on how much they want or don’t want new tracks (or any new suggested feature) rather than their views on how achievable they think that request is.

The thing is, the majority of the negativity comes from everyone that demands this or that, because reasons. I don't remember how many threads have been up on this issue, there's been a lot, and noone seems to understand how things work. There's absolutely nothing wrong with constructive feedback but the majority of posts on this subject have been rather the opposite. There's absolutely nothing wrong with wishlists either but threads like this does rarely start and never end as a wishlist.

What you fail to understand is that there's a difference between asking for something and nagging, whining and threatening to never buy another version of the game if they don't get it. That's where all these threads end up eventually. If you find that constructive I think we have very different definitions of the word constructive.

I've said it before but I'll say it again. I would love to have all new tracks that are raced on as well but I'm also a realist. Most people going on about this aren't because it's just not realistic to expect things to happen over night. It's been said before, the work to adopt a new track is huge and it takes a long time. Time and resources they don't have, especially under the current situation.

So no, what you call constructive feedback, especially when it's expressed harshly, is only destructive at this point.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Lakrits said:

The thing is, the majority of the negativity comes from everyone that demands this or that, because reasons. I don't remember how many threads have been up on this issue, there's been a lot, and noone seems to understand how things work. There's absolutely nothing wrong with constructive feedback but the majority of posts on this subject have been rather the opposite. There's absolutely nothing wrong with wishlists either but threads like this does rarely start and never end as a wishlist.

What you fail to understand is that there's a difference between asking for something and nagging, whining and threatening to never buy another version of the game if they don't get it. That's where all these threads end up eventually. If you find that constructive I think we have very different definitions of the word constructive.

I've said it before but I'll say it again. I would love to have all new tracks that are raced on as well but I'm also a realist. Most people going on about this aren't because it's just not realistic to expect things to happen over night. It's been said before, the work to adopt a new track is huge and it takes a long time. Time and resources they don't have, especially under the current situation.

So no, what you call constructive feedback, especially when it's expressed harshly, is only destructive at this point.

 

Where there is a will, there is a way. Yes track building can be time consuming, but some of the things they said about the difficulties of track building, in the zandvoort video, are a bit over exaggerated, and they are doing it for a reason. Ask yourself this question, if the FOM approached Codemaster last year between the period june to late july, and suggested to them that they had to build six tracks (imola, algarve, istanbul, mugello, bahrain outer curcuit, nurburgring) and also jeddah, to replace current tracks in the 2021 season, because of the on going pandemic, what do you think would have happened. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, LEWISt17KIMI said:

Where there is a will, there is a way. Yes track building can be time consuming, but some of the things they said about the difficulties of track building, in the zandvoort video, are a bit over exaggerated, and they are doing it for a reason. Ask yourself this question, if the FOM approached Codemaster last year between the period june to late july, and suggested to them that they had to build six tracks (imola, algarve, istanbul, mugello, bahrain outer curcuit, nurburgring) and also jeddah, to replace current tracks in the 2021 season, because of the on going pandemic, what do you think would have happened. 

Irrelevant. Codemasters operate with their own policies regarding health and travel restrictions towards employees and you must be joking if you think that FOM would force them to do such thing in the middle of a worldwide pandemic, when they weren't even sure that the next grand prix weekend can be held on the first place.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Lakrits said:

The thing is, the majority of the negativity comes from everyone that demands this or that, because reasons. I don't remember how many threads have been up on this issue, there's been a lot, and noone seems to understand how things work. There's absolutely nothing wrong with constructive feedback but the majority of posts on this subject have been rather the opposite. There's absolutely nothing wrong with wishlists either but threads like this does rarely start and never end as a wishlist.

What you fail to understand is that there's a difference between asking for something and nagging, whining and threatening to never buy another version of the game if they don't get it. That's where all these threads end up eventually. If you find that constructive I think we have very different definitions of the word constructive.

I've said it before but I'll say it again. I would love to have all new tracks that are raced on as well but I'm also a realist. Most people going on about this aren't because it's just not realistic to expect things to happen over night. It's been said before, the work to adopt a new track is huge and it takes a long time. Time and resources they don't have, especially under the current situation.

So no, what you call constructive feedback, especially when it's expressed harshly, is only destructive at this point.

 

And there you go again... always someone has to talk about how hard it is. Boring and short sigthed

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, kalamazoo123 said:

And there you go again... always someone has to talk about how hard it is. Boring and short sigthed

There was once a leader saying: we are going to land a man on the moon - and returning him safely to earth - when this decade is out .... 

we chose to go to the moon because it is hard .....

I learned today that it is not anymore a right to say what you think / and that is even more annoying than any broken game you paid money for ......

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...