Jump to content Jump to content

Turkey in F1 2021

9 minutes ago, Schneehase said:

The track discussions all seem to go the same, wrong way. It doesnt matter if it takes long, or if work is involved or not.

It really does because people keep making demands about what must happen when without seemingly considering what may be practical or commercially viable. No we are not in a position to know the details from Codemasters' perspective, which should be further reason to stop making demands.

Obviously everyone would love all new tracks, plus Turkey and potentially others, to be in the F1 2021 game at launch. As I'm sure would the Codemasters team. 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 3
Just now, Ultra3142 said:

because people keep making demands about

I think we should distinguish between players expressing their wishes (and that is one reason all developers run forums, so they learn, free feedback is extremely valuable for them) and buyers demanding something they feel has not been fulfilled. And the part on which we seem to disagree is, that Codies are not in need anyone defending them or justifing for them, why / why not something is in their games. They are able to do this themselves, if they want to. And for everything else I agree with your latter 2 sentences above so you still got my thumbsup 😄

• Agree 1
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Schneehase said:

I think we should distinguish between players expressing their wishes (and that is one reason all developers run forums, so they learn, free feedback is extremely valuable for them) and buyers demanding something they feel has not been fulfilled. And the part on which we seem to disagree is, that Codies are not in need anyone defending them or justifing for them, why / why not something is in their games. They are able to do this themselves, if they want to. And for everything else I agree with your latter 2 sentences above so you still got my thumbsup 😄

You have made demands yourself if you check back through your posts, relating to what must happen for the game to still call itself 'official'. (Not sure if in this thread or another.)

I don't fully follow the rest of your post to be honest. I certainly don't think Codemasters needs anyone to 'defend' them. 

Edited by Ultra3142
  • Agree 3
36 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

relating to what must happen for the game to still call itself 'official'.

Not quite - I wrote they would forfait their rights to further call this an official game, if tracks are not being included, which have been driven on in 2 concecutive years. It might read a bit harsh perhaps, I tend to be direct, honest and as constructive as possible (plus writing in a foreign language here as well). But anyway, i am not the angry buyer time, I like the game and that is why i am being involved here and silly enough to share my bad driving on youtube^^. It is not that what I think would be correct or let along be important, it is just that I think feedback is very important, especially now when a company takeover is happening. I doubt EA had any influence on F1 2021 yet (time related) but with 2022 that will be a completly different story and there still is time trying to steer this into a direction which we enthusiasts might have an influence on, giving feedback on the forums.

• Agree 2
38 minutes ago, Sector4 said:

Suzuka in the original Assetto Corsa was made by modders, not the company that made the game. 

Also, in case you missed it, I said that Magny-Cours was going to be in ACC but they couldn't get there because of COVID restrictions. Those have been going on for about a year so the earliest they could have started working on the track was last spring. If they had been able to get there, they would have released it along with Imola in November 2020. About half a year from zero to release. 

That didn't really answer my question about whether you were confident that the tracks had been created from scratch? An example of something that didn't happen also doesn't particularly prove a point. I'm not trying to be argumentative here - I'm interested in what was actually done. 

On the wider point above I strongly believe that there is huge value is suggestions made by members here to improve the game, and like pretty much everyone else I wish more could be implemented faster by Codemasters :classic_smile:

Posted (edited)
On 4/29/2021 at 9:24 AM, Nightfire1964 said:

Yes from like 2012 which in software differences is quite massive with next gen consoles out now there would be still a fair amount they would have to change it wouldn't be a simple copy and paste and that's if they still have it somewhere and the ego has come a long way from what it was like in 2012. 

I played Grid Autosport yesterday which has the Istanbul Park circuit was released in 2014. The problem is that game is running on ego3, F1 2021 will be running on ego4 it's up to codemasters to make the modifications to port it over if it's possible.  

GRID Autosport 2017 04 16 turkey - YouTube

Edited by Chromatic
  • Like 2
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Chromatic said:

I played Grid Autosport yesterday which has the Istanbul Park circuit was released in 2014. The problem is that game is running on ego3, F1 2021 will be running on ego4 it's up to codemasters to make the modifications to port it over if it's possible.  

cheers never knew that. 

Edited by Nightfire1964
10 hours ago, Chromatic said:

Ports are possible. GRID 2019 have tracks from GRID Autosport.

see i think also the biggest challenge we have also forgot to mention is that codies are having to make this game for a wide range of platforms you have the next gen consoles then the current gens and what the new PC's with their new hardware which is a challenge. Some studios have shown how hard it can be with the likes of cyberpunk 2077.

• Agree 1
4 hours ago, Nightfire1964 said:

see i think also the biggest challenge we have also forgot to mention is that codies are having to make this game for a wide range of platforms you have the next gen consoles then the current gens and what the new PC's with their new hardware which is a challenge. Some studios have shown how hard it can be with the likes of cyberpunk 2077.

Methinks they do this because it makes a lot of $$$$$$ why should I think of it as a problem? Do you guys really think that way all day, like uh oh how difficult it was for Tesla to buy and produce all theses batteries, when you walk into a store to buy a car and tell the dealer which version you prefer? Then why does everyone do it here? I dont get this 😄

• Agree 1
Just now, Schneehase said:

Methinks they do this because it makes a lot of $$$$$$ why should I think of it as a problem? Do you guys really think that way all day, like uh oh how difficult it was for Tesla to buy and produce all theses batteries, when you walk into a store to buy a car and tell the dealer which version you prefer? Then why does everyone do it here? I dont get this 😄

The point was it's an added complication this year vs last. More to do with finite resources means less scope to be doing other thing...

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Schneehase said:

erm nope i'm just very much into knowing how things work especially with entertainment be behind the scenes of concerts and shows to how video games are made etc. i guess i'm like this because i do stuff behind the scenes so i'm always interested into it. Is that a bad thing to do i really don't get where your coming at with if you should think it's a problem as i just follow allot of gaming news and most places are going through the same challenges

Edited by Nightfire1964
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Nightfire1964 said:

Just for info as there might be some misconceptions about how development studios tackle multiple platforms, when you build environment art such as for a race track you would always build all the content for PC/high-end consoles, and downgrades for lower spec consoles and PCs can be set up to happen automatically by using LODs/LOD kill distances (for example on PS4 objects like tire barriers could swap to a lesser detailed version of the object sooner or even skip the most detailed version of the object entirely, compared to PC/PS5).  Textures can be set up to automatically display a lower-resolution version on platform X/Y/Z. So, having to build a racetrack for multiple platforms should not have an impact on production times really.

Also, laser-scanning is great, especially for track accuracy but all it does is provide the artist with a high density blueprint of the track to trace the actual game geometry over. So all the road surfaces, curbing etc still needs to be created anyway, and in a game-ready state that isn't millions of triangles per square-metre like the scan data would be. A scan is essentially like 3D tracing paper but the actual geometry, texturing etc still needs to happen. You can't just scan a track and put it in the game as is. You can however use laser-scan 3D data and bake its details into texture data to use on lower-density game geometry, so it's still very useful and can help speed up certain aspects of development and help achieve a more life-like end result.

Edited by CptBalloonhands
1 hour ago, CptBalloonhands said:

Just for info as there might be some misconceptions about how development studios tackle multiple platforms, when you build environment art such as for a race track you would always build all the content for PC/high-end consoles, and downgrades for lower spec consoles and PCs can be set up to happen automatically by using LODs/LOD kill distances (for example on PS4 objects like tire barriers could swap to a lesser detailed version of the object sooner or even skip the most detailed version of the object entirely, compared to PC/PS5).  Textures can be set up to automatically display a lower-resolution version on platform X/Y/Z. So, having to build a racetrack for multiple platforms should not have an impact on production times really.

Also, laser-scanning is great, especially for track accuracy but all it does is provide the artist with a high density blueprint of the track to trace the actual game geometry over. So all the road surfaces, curbing etc still needs to be created anyway, and in a game-ready state that isn't millions of triangles per square-metre like the scan data would be. A scan is essentially like 3D tracing paper but the actual geometry, texturing etc still needs to happen. You can't just scan a track and put it in the game as is. You can however use laser-scan 3D data and bake its details into texture data to use on lower-density game geometry, so it's still very useful and can help speed up certain aspects of development and help achieve a more life-like end result.

Well - laser scans Tv material - drones - a log of technology these days available- but if you hold the license for a century- why making any progress- or what community wants ???

competition is a must here .....

Do we really want to pay for some new car colors and name changes in a few teams - or do we want to pay for new tracks - better Multiplayer?

Do we want to pay for new nonsense like drama Rama -

or new tracks and improvements in Multiplayer??

you decide / of you buy and spent them another coffee for free ......

12 hours ago, Shark2Racing said:

Do we really want to pay for some new car colors and name changes in a few teams - or do we want to pay for new tracks - better Multiplayer?

Do we want to pay for new nonsense like drama Rama -

or new tracks and improvements in Multiplayer??

you decide / of you buy and spent them another coffee for free ......

F1 2020 will have three new tracks (although we don't know when exactly) and we won't truly know about possible multiplayer improvements until the game has been released. 

Also bear in mind that different people have different priorities in the game. Reading through the beta testing applications thread it is clear a lot of people are very happy about the addition of the 2-player career mode option for example. I think across the whole player base it is career modes that are of greatest importance rather than multiplayer, much as the more experienced/best players may care far more about the latter. And I'm saying this as someone who has so far spent precisely zero hours playing career modes in F1 2020.

14 hours ago, Schneehase said:

Agree with this totally. There’s so much negativity here... they can’t do this because x or that would be difficult because y.

Constructive feedback and wish-lists (even when sometimes expressed harshly) are valuable to Codies.  Half the forum (or mostly just a few individuals on every thread) poo pooing every idea or request has no value.

Codies can or can’t / will or wont do certain things - there’s nothing wrong with asking for them. There is no point at all piping up to talk about how easy/difficult those things are. We don’t have the full facts and it’s pointless anyway as it’s not our priority call on resources.

It would be far more valuable to Codies for people to share their opinions on how much they want or don’t want new tracks (or any new suggested feature) rather than their views on how achievable they think that request is.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

I think the exciting thing is that there is a clear demand for track options. So maybe future editions will look into that. 

Especially if the EA involvement means more staff to actually do the legwork some take for granted. 

• Agree 2
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, kalamazoo123 said:

Agree with this totally. There’s so much negativity here... they can’t do this because x or that would be difficult because y.

Constructive feedback and wish-lists (even when sometimes expressed harshly) are valuable to Codies.  Half the forum (or mostly just a few individuals on every thread) poo pooing every idea or request has no value.

Codies can or can’t / will or wont do certain things - there’s nothing wrong with asking for them. There is no point at all piping up to talk about how easy/difficult those things are. We don’t have the full facts and it’s pointless anyway as it’s not our priority call on resources.

It would be far more valuable to Codies for people to share their opinions on how much they want or don’t want new tracks (or any new suggested feature) rather than their views on how achievable they think that request is.

The thing is, the majority of the negativity comes from everyone that demands this or that, because reasons. I don't remember how many threads have been up on this issue, there's been a lot, and noone seems to understand how things work. There's absolutely nothing wrong with constructive feedback but the majority of posts on this subject have been rather the opposite. There's absolutely nothing wrong with wishlists either but threads like this does rarely start and never end as a wishlist.

What you fail to understand is that there's a difference between asking for something and nagging, whining and threatening to never buy another version of the game if they don't get it. That's where all these threads end up eventually. If you find that constructive I think we have very different definitions of the word constructive.

I've said it before but I'll say it again. I would love to have all new tracks that are raced on as well but I'm also a realist. Most people going on about this aren't because it's just not realistic to expect things to happen over night. It's been said before, the work to adopt a new track is huge and it takes a long time. Time and resources they don't have, especially under the current situation.

So no, what you call constructive feedback, especially when it's expressed harshly, is only destructive at this point.

Edited by Lakrits
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 1
3 hours ago, Lakrits said:

The thing is, the majority of the negativity comes from everyone that demands this or that, because reasons. I don't remember how many threads have been up on this issue, there's been a lot, and noone seems to understand how things work. There's absolutely nothing wrong with constructive feedback but the majority of posts on this subject have been rather the opposite. There's absolutely nothing wrong with wishlists either but threads like this does rarely start and never end as a wishlist.

What you fail to understand is that there's a difference between asking for something and nagging, whining and threatening to never buy another version of the game if they don't get it. That's where all these threads end up eventually. If you find that constructive I think we have very different definitions of the word constructive.

I've said it before but I'll say it again. I would love to have all new tracks that are raced on as well but I'm also a realist. Most people going on about this aren't because it's just not realistic to expect things to happen over night. It's been said before, the work to adopt a new track is huge and it takes a long time. Time and resources they don't have, especially under the current situation.

So no, what you call constructive feedback, especially when it's expressed harshly, is only destructive at this point.

Where there is a will, there is a way. Yes track building can be time consuming, but some of the things they said about the difficulties of track building, in the zandvoort video, are a bit over exaggerated, and they are doing it for a reason. Ask yourself this question, if the FOM approached Codemaster last year between the period june to late july, and suggested to them that they had to build six tracks (imola, algarve, istanbul, mugello, bahrain outer curcuit, nurburgring) and also jeddah, to replace current tracks in the 2021 season, because of the on going pandemic, what do you think would have happened. 

• Agree 1
3 minutes ago, LEWISt17KIMI said:

Where there is a will, there is a way. Yes track building can be time consuming, but some of the things they said about the difficulties of track building, in the zandvoort video, are a bit over exaggerated, and they are doing it for a reason. Ask yourself this question, if the FOM approached Codemaster last year between the period june to late july, and suggested to them that they had to build six tracks (imola, algarve, istanbul, mugello, bahrain outer curcuit, nurburgring) and also jeddah, to replace current tracks in the 2021 season, because of the on going pandemic, what do you think would have happened. 

Irrelevant. Codemasters operate with their own policies regarding health and travel restrictions towards employees and you must be joking if you think that FOM would force them to do such thing in the middle of a worldwide pandemic, when they weren't even sure that the next grand prix weekend can be held on the first place.

4 hours ago, Lakrits said:

And there you go again... always someone has to talk about how hard it is. Boring and short sigthed

2 minutes ago, kalamazoo123 said:

And there you go again... always someone has to talk about how hard it is. Boring and short sigthed

There was once a leader saying: we are going to land a man on the moon - and returning him safely to earth - when this decade is out .... 

we chose to go to the moon because it is hard .....

I learned today that it is not anymore a right to say what you think / and that is even more annoying than any broken game you paid money for ......

• Agree 1