Jump to content Jump to content

Please Help. Which one is toe in or toe out.

goguvarra

Hello,

The toe settings in this game baffle me. I'm talking about the F2 car, haven't played with the F1 cars yet.

In which direction do I have to move the slider to obtain toe in? To the right? It should be like this since the values increase to the right, and toe in means positive values for the angle.

There are no negative values so I guess you can't have toe out, just less toe in right?

The game's info screen also doesn't help much. It says that for the F2  car the wheels are usually setup with toe out...is this a mistake? How can you get toe out since you can't select negative values?

And apart from this toe out on the rear wheels for a RWD is very rarely done, since it destabilizes the car.

What am I getting wrong here?

Thank you.

in the game you can't have toe out even in the F1 cars, not sure if that's a rule even in real Life but in the game you have only toe in.

For the descriptions i don't know neither bit they are usually wrong as you can even see in tyre pressure where when you increase them the mperatures go higher and it should be the exact inverse.

Better you follow what you already know about setups instead of following in-game description👍

21 hours ago, goguvarra said:

Hello,

The toe settings in this game baffle me. I'm talking about the F2 car, haven't played with the F1 cars yet.

In which direction do I have to move the slider to obtain toe in? To the right? It should be like this since the values increase to the right, and toe in means positive values for the angle.

There are no negative values so I guess you can't have toe out, just less toe in right?

The game's info screen also doesn't help much. It says that for the F2  car the wheels are usually setup with toe out...is this a mistake? How can you get toe out since you can't select negative values?

And apart from this toe out on the rear wheels for a RWD is very rarely done, since it destabilizes the car.

What am I getting wrong here?

Thank you.

It took me a while to figure this out as well.  I'm not sure about the F2 cars, but I'm guessing they are similar to the F1 cars.

F1 cars have very little range of toe adjustment.  Front wheels use toe out, and rear wheels use toe in.  The amount is what the slider changes.  So, for example, on the front wheels you can have more or less toe out, but it's still toe OUT.  And vice versa on the rear wheels.

The best resource for information on this are videos from top sim racers talking about setups and how they affect the car's performance.

Hope this helps.  Cheers.

Archived