Jump to content Jump to content
F1 2021 | Online Services Down For Maintenance | 26/07/2021 ×

Its been in past F1 games, you could even retire by loosing your rear wing entirely, if only in sim mode it would be a great addition, also floor damage if you smash higher curbs too hard. Would definitely add more spicy racing!

• Like 1

Every F1 players dream 🙂 Not also just rear wing, retirement due to engine or gearbox should be a thing maybe tied to a setting at the start of a career.

• Agree 5

Rear wing damage is pretty rare in real F1. Damage to the floor would actually be a higher priority to me personally in the game, when running over curbs and ending up in gravel traps. Although given my driving skills I'm probably better off as we are!

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

Chance of this happening is pretty low. As far as I understand 2021 game engine is same as 2020 was. I hope next gen engine provides better and more developed level of damage.

• Agree 1
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, sergey_blackbird said:

Chance of this happening is pretty low. As far as I understand 2021 game engine is same as 2020 was. I hope next gen engine provides better and more developed level of damage.

They can make so much better crash physics with current engine.

Edited by Sbinnotto07
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

More AI retirements should be added as well. I know cars have become more reliable, but having only one or two retirements per race, sometimes even zero, doesn’t make sense. In real life, the majority of the races still have more retirements.

Due to the game having so few retirements, backmarker teams like Haas and Alfa Romeo never score points.

• Agree 1

More ways of crashing makes it even more better to drive! People diving on your inside like an mad man, no damage to the floor, rear wing what so ever.

If codemasters will add more realistic models for crashes then it will be a lot more fun to drive. Not only can you lose your wheel or front wing. Then your whole rear wing fly's off, your floor that can be damaged that increases oversteer on how much it is damaged.

I think it is an really good opinion, hope codemasters will add it in a Formula 1 game!

• Agree 1
2 minutes ago, Martijn5402 said:

Then your whole rear wing fly's off, your floor that can be damaged that increases oversteer on how much it is damaged.

Bear in mind that an entire rear wing flying off would be a race retirement. Or at least to match real F1 it would be.

• Agree 2

Bear in mind that an entire rear wing flying off would be a race retirement. Or at least to match real F1 it would be.

Yeah that is an race retirement. They need to make it as realistic as possible, not an arcade. They need to find a balance between arcade and realistic.

• Agree 2

I think the damage model is something they are working on always. I can´t remember if it was Lee Mather or Paul Jeal, but one of them posted on twitter some time ago before the release of F1 2019 or F1 2020, that Codemasters was close to include a more realistic damage model but couldn´t get it done in the end. Mostly it could be something about licensing resaons. 

But I have a question for you. Do you really would like to have rearwing damage in a league race? Or all in all a more realistic damage model? I am not sure if I would. 

4 hours ago, RaserPaul said:

I think the damage model is something they are working on always. I can´t remember if it was Lee Mather or Paul Jeal, but one of them posted on twitter some time ago before the release of F1 2019 or F1 2020, that Codemasters was close to include a more realistic damage model but couldn´t get it done in the end. Mostly it could be something about licensing resaons. 

But I have a question for you. Do you really would like to have rearwing damage in a league race? Or all in all a more realistic damage model? I am not sure if I would. 

As long as it is optional, everybody happy

52 minutes ago, GioProductions said:

As long as it is optional, everybody happy

Yeah, for sure. But imagine a league racing with simulation damage. Would be difficult with rear wing damage in simulation ^^. But anyway it would be at least a good feature.

I’ve read some good suggestions here like the floor, sidepods, rear wing, etc. But maybe suspension damage when you hit a wall? Could make tracks like Monaco even more challenging. Look at Charles today out of swimming pool. Hit the wall, broke the suspension and then hit the other wall. 

6 hours ago, RenzoHDGaming said:

I’ve read some good suggestions here like the floor, sidepods, rear wing, etc. But maybe suspension damage when you hit a wall? Could make tracks like Monaco even more challenging. Look at Charles today out of swimming pool. Hit the wall, broke the suspension and then hit the other wall. 

You can already break suspension by crashing into a wall in the game actually. If you've never seen this your either extremely good, or have damage switched off 🙂.

11 minutes ago, RenzoHDGaming said:

Well, yeah. But I was thinking where the tyre doesn’t fly off. But like, you’re steering is broken, but you can still drive. 

Does that ever happen in a real race? I'm not sure it does...

Rear wing damage is absolutly required. 

Think about how often unfair drivers break on the straight to damage your front wing as they know their car won't be damaged! 

6 minutes ago, PaddySk said:

Rear wing damage is absolutly required. 

Think about how often unfair drivers break on the straight to damage your front wing as they know their car won't be damaged! 

Not always, if someone hits you in the rear really hard, you get FRONT wing damage😅

• Haha 1
On 4/30/2021 at 4:52 AM, PabloJoglar said:

It needs to be done. I understand thay maybe FOM does not like the idea of cars being damaged and sponsors not seen, but in some form it has to be a way of getting rear wing damage. Not even mentioning sidepods, normally when you hit them they are a bit damaged, why does it not affect the cars pace? At least it should be in simulation mode! Rear wing could be damaged the same way its not even needed that it breaks down if its not possible, but at least to get damage.

It. Is. A. BIG. MUST. This thing of FOM not liking the idea of cars being damaged and sponsors unseen has nothing to do with Formula 1. I'm gonna be massively honest, this cannot be like this anymore.

33 minutes ago, DaviJavarini said:

It. Is. A. BIG. MUST. This thing of FOM not liking the idea of cars being damaged and sponsors unseen has nothing to do with Formula 1. I'm gonna be massively honest, this cannot be like this anymore.

How often have you seen rear wing damage in real F1?

23 hours ago, Ultra3142 said:

Looks like a good revision to the damage model in F1 2021, including rear wing damage 🙂.

For me, the rear wing damage WE see is not enough for me. Nowadays I've been hearing a lot of excuses about this situation, and to be perfectly honest, it kills me. It takes blood from me. This is disgusting.

43 minutes ago, DaviJavarini said:

For me, the rear wing damage WE see is not enough for me. Nowadays I've been hearing a lot of excuses about this situation, and to be perfectly honest, it kills me. It takes blood from me. This is disgusting.

I don't understand what you are unhappy about?