F1 2021 | BETA | Details and how to Apply Here Read more... ×

Tyre Allocation in F1 2021

Hi guys,

One thing i’ve seen that is new this year is that the teams do not choose their tyre allocation for the race weekends. Usually they choose 8 weeks in advance, however it seems this year, Pirelli determine the allocations for them. 

Do you think this mandatory tyre allocation will be in the new game, or will we still be able to pick our allocation from the three choices before the race weekend?

I hope this little change is included as it should be fairly easy to make sure all teams have the same tyre allocations, but is also something that could be easily missed with all of the new features/tracks, etc. 

Looking forward to the new game!

16 minutes ago, Thorne92 said:

Hi guys,

One thing i’ve seen that is new this year is that the teams do not choose their tyre allocation for the race weekends. Usually they choose 8 weeks in advance, however it seems this year, Pirelli determine the allocations for them. 

Do you think this mandatory tyre allocation will be in the new game, or will we still be able to pick our allocation from the three choices before the race weekend?

I hope this little change is included as it should be fairly easy to make sure all teams have the same tyre allocations, but is also something that could be easily missed with all of the new features/tracks, etc. 

Looking forward to the new game!

well if it's a thing in real life i think they will make it a thing it's similar to when they've changed rules for the engine allocations

• Agree 1

I think it will be the given allocation rather than us choosing. Will make for interesting choices for strategy