F1 2021 | BETA | Details and how to Apply Here Read more... ×

Loosing skill points in MP after being pushed into the Wall

Posted (edited)

What is the reason that when you leave a race after being pushed into the wall that you loos skill rating ??? When you quit the session ? 

That is the most stupid thing I ever read in a multiplayer????

sorry going through all the issues with F1 2020 I need to raise the question when will another Company will get the F1  license ? 
a second company would probably be very helpful .....

Edited by Shark2Racing

Posted (edited)

At the risk of stating the obvious you presumably lost skill points because you crashed. What the game is clearly not equipped to do is work out why.

Do you race in other games that handles this better, or is it not an issue as other drivers crash into you less?

Edited by Ultra3142

9 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

At the risk of stating the obvious you presumably lost skill points because you crashed. What the game is clearly not equipped to do is work out why.

Do you race in other games that handles this better, or is it not an issue as other drivers crash into you less?

Well - wet race Canada - corner 4 smashed into the wall from another driver behind me 

Need to retire - race over ....

Why should I stay in a 25?% Race and wait until it is over ?

I couldn’t do anything about it ?

why is that stupid Programm telling me - you loose skill points when you leva the session ? does this make any sense at all ? 

While things can happen it totally annoys me that I couldn’t have done anything?

still I accept the race is over - but loosing points and this stupid advise demonstrated again that codied is not skilled enough to built Sound MP system .

Think about Bottas vs Russel last weekend- did they lost anything after the race ????

if the one wanted to built a working good MP ranked system / the one failed completely......

I suggested you lost skill points for the crash, not leaving the session. Do you know it was for the latter?

(I don't know either way.)

1 hour ago, Ultra3142 said:

I suggested you lost skill points for the crash, not leaving the session. Do you know it was for the latter?

(I don't know either way.)

You lose rank points if you leave a ranked race while it's still in progress. A warning pops up saying exactly that. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Fionnlagh said:

You lose rank points if you leave a ranked race while it's still in progress. A warning pops up saying exactly that. 

Exactly- and that is ******** ....

why should one stay half an hour in a race that is over??

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Shark2Racing said:

Exactly- and that is ******** ....

why should one stay half an hour in a race that is over??

Was your car terminally damaged or could you have changed your wing and continued? Forcing you to hang around if you had terminal damage would make no sense. If it was repairable then it would make sense if you were penalised for not continuing.

The game needs some mechanic to stop people just quitting from races that aren't going well, or this would be a way of cheating the ranking system.

Edited by Ultra3142

There has to be some kind of mechanic for the crashers and leavers... Otherwise, you want to drive a race and some drunk tard spoils it for 20 other players by causing a mass accident turn 1, then going "haha" and quitting out of the race. Whatever penalty is enforced to prevent this, I have to agree with it, even if it has its downsides like "join a race, stick to the end".

We need to be able to report/flag awful drivers. We have Super Licences these could include penalty points. Impossible to race online in public lobbies the standard is so low its just not worth it. If all the idiots were on bans or put in their own lobbies it would be so much better for those of us that actually want to race and not be arseholes. 

• Disagree 1

5 hours ago, Schneehase said:

There has to be some kind of mechanic for the crashers and leavers... Otherwise, you want to drive a race and some drunk tard spoils it for 20 other players by causing a mass accident turn 1, then going "haha" and quitting out of the race. Whatever penalty is enforced to prevent this, I have to agree with it, even if it has its downsides like "join a race, stick to the end".

Totally damaged due to a massive hit from behind ? 
So you want all drivers then to stay in these idiotic race ? 
Come on - I can agree it might happen / but why should the one loose points here ? 

The game MP is a massive mess ! 

4 minutes ago, Shark2Racing said:

Totally damaged due to a massive hit from behind ? 
So you want all drivers then to stay in these idiotic race ? 
Come on - I can agree it might happen / but why should the one loose points here ? 

The game MP is a massive mess ! 

The crucial point is if your car had terminal damage or not.

1 minute ago, Ultra3142 said:

The crucial point is if your car had terminal damage or not.

Totally damaged - wheel was off .......And the nose of the other car in my ass ......

so really no chance to continue........

4 minutes ago, Shark2Racing said:

Totally damaged - wheel was off .......And the nose of the other car in my ass ......

so really no chance to continue........

So it was terminal damage, as stated in the game so you were physically unable to continue? If so I agree with you that a penalty for leaving early makes no sense.

4 hours ago, zampa said:

eport/flag awful drivers

The idea is good, but in reality this wont work, you win 2 consecutive races and the 3 drunken jerks vote you off. We have to get there, but with a solution that also works when "humans" are involved.

• Agree 1

To really work I think reporting would have to be by sharing videos, assessed by humans not computer code. I'm not sure about the practicalities of applying penalties/bans but it strikes me that Codemasters could probably get people to volunteer to help with assessing such videos. Just a thought.

Isn't it the reason why ranked lobbies exist? If you have higher ranks, you play with clean and good drivers but if your ranks are low you play with dirty and bad drivers. I think its easy to increase your safety rank if you are clean driver.

Edited by Sbinnotto07

4 hours ago, zampa said:

We need to be able to report/flag awful drivers. We have Super Licences these could include penalty points. Impossible to race online in public lobbies the standard is so low its just not worth it. If all the idiots were on bans or put in their own lobbies it would be so much better for those of us that actually want to race and not be arseholes. 

Don't know why someone thumbed this down, you're spot on. GTA has the bad sport lobbies for those who won't stop ruining others games, complete with a dunce cap which sounds right up Codies alley for an extra cosmetic these days. 

I was deliberately taken out while in 3rd at the Bus Stop (and  no it wasn't subjective) and the guy just left the lobby, my race was ruined from there, they shouldn't be able to join a ranked lobby for a set amount of time after something like that. 

13 minutes ago, Sbinnotto07 said:

I think its easy to increase your safety rank if you are clean driver.

It isn't, Iv'e set out to do just this and it's arguably not possible when the racers around you are C or D rated. You can avoid first corner chaos maybe if you start last / dont' qualify but you can't just race clean and expect others to do the same, you'll be rammed off on the straights, missiled on chicanes and those who were top 5 who have crashed back for whatever reason will just turn griefer and **** up other racers days. 

Until the game improves in its penalty assignment to at least a Gran Turismo level, most racers will be C or D regardless how clean they race. 

1 hour ago, Sbinnotto07 said:

Isn't it the reason why ranked lobbies exist? If you have higher ranks, you play with clean and good drivers but if your ranks are low you play with dirty and bad drivers. I think its easy to increase your safety rank if you are clean driver.

Unfortunately not the way it works - I have no problem with being involved in a race accident - but being shot off the track and have a DNF loosing about 60 to 80 points and safety rank is too much - 

Two races in a row and you fell easily into lower safety rank .

And then you are stuck into these for quite some races......

Again no problem with an accident - but the way the system works is bull-s-h-I-t-t