Jump to content Jump to content

F1 won't launch anymore

• Platform
    PC/Steam
  • What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 
    Newest 
  • Wired or Wireless Connection?
  • Wired
  • We need to be able to make your problem happen internally so we can fix the issue. Can you make the problem happen again?
    Yes, the game crashes everytime I try to go to the track, no matter if it’s My Team, Gran Prix or Time Trial.
  • How do you make the problem happen?
    Trying to load any track/game mode. 
  • Can you add a report code.
    Yes, in a bit as my computer updates.
  • Video of the issue, including timestamps. Did you stream the session?

I have tried the following:

- Fix game files on Steam
- Disable overlays, both Discord and GeForce Experience
- Updated video drivers (GTX 1070 latest)
- Move to another drive partition
- Launch on DirectX 11
- Download DirectX 12 again and reinstall it
- Run the game as administrator
- Run the game in forced windowed mode
- Disable auxiliary monitors and launch the game with a single monitor
- Change game video settings on Nvidia panel
- Lowering my video settings

- Reverted video drivers

The game started to crash yesterday, all of a sudden trying to play Canadian Grand Prix. It’s the ego dumper thing every time. 

I noticed that launching the game without my steering wheel (Logitech Driving Force GT, if it matters) plugged in, I will have better chances to get to the track. This doesn’t help though, because the game crashes every time I get the fastest lap...

DxDiag.txt

2 hours ago, OttoNT said:
  • Platform
    PC/Steam
  • What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 
    Newest 
  • Wired or Wireless Connection?
  • Wired
  • We need to be able to make your problem happen internally so we can fix the issue. Can you make the problem happen again?
    Yes, the game crashes everytime I try to go to the track, no matter if it’s My Team, Gran Prix or Time Trial.
  • How do you make the problem happen?
    Trying to load any track/game mode. 
  • Can you add a report code.
  • Video of the issue, including timestamps. Did you stream the session?

I have tried the following:

- Fix game files on Steam
- Disable overlays, both Discord and GeForce Experience
- Updated video drivers (GTX 1070 latest)
- Move to another drive partition
- Launch on DirectX 11
- Download DirectX 12 again and reinstall it
- Run the game as administrator
- Run the game in forced windowed mode
- Disable auxiliary monitors and launch the game with a single monitor
- Change game video settings on Nvidia panel
- Lowering my video settings

- Reverted video drivers

The game started to crash yesterday, all of a sudden trying to play Canadian Grand Prix. It’s the ego dumper thing every time. 

I noticed that launching the game without my steering wheel (Logitech Driving Force GT, if it matters) plugged in, I will have better chances to get to the track. This doesn’t help though, because the game crashes every time I get the fastest lap...

DxDiag.txt

[02-05-2021 10:40:20] - ##################################################
[02-05-2021 10:40:20] - EGO dumper
[02-05-2021 10:40:20] - processId=16240, threadId=2020, exceptionPointers=000000000C23F1D0, buildId=759689
[02-05-2021 10:40:20] - ##################################################

Why do you post the EGO dumper when we have said it's not useful? (This is a split thread, BTW)

Can you post motherboard make and model (even though it's unlikely an updated BIOS will contain anything other than reliability and compatibility updates)

It would be useful to locate the Asmedia USB controller ports as they can be problematic but it looks like you have a Windows inbox driver installed anyway)

45 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

Why do you post the EGO dumper when we have said it's not useful? (This is a split thread, BTW)

Can you post motherboard make and model (even though it's unlikely an updated BIOS will contain anything other than reliability and compatibility updates)

It would be useful to locate the Asmedia USB controller ports as they can be problematic but it looks like you have a Windows inbox driver installed anyway)

My motherboard is the ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77. 

Should I try to update the Asmedia USB drivers just to make sure they're up to date?

1 minute ago, OttoNT said:

My motherboard is the ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77

Should I try to update the Asmedia USB drivers just to make sure they're up to date?

OK - BIOS is up to date (2104) Make sure your RAM is running at 1600 (not OC'ed, it looks like it isn't, but 1600 is better than 1333)

The SSD looks a little small - for troubleshooting I always recommend Steam on C : drive but with W10 and the game on there you're going to struggle for space.

Asmedia (is the 2 blue USB ports on the back panel, try to use others in preference) - if you had installed the ASUS driver package (from 2016) uninstall it deleting the driver software as you do, then Windows should just install the inbox driver. You can do the same for the SATA driver and again, if you connect your drives to the Intel connectors (brown is best for drives, black for optical and avoid using the grey Asmedia ones). You can turn off the USB charge option.

The other thing is the LAN driver (use the IDSA to update) and UAD (not HDA) Audio Driver (please uninstall the old HDA driver with internet disconnected and delete the driver software, restart and install this driver before restarting and reconnecting internet - you will see 'Realtek(R) Audio' in Device Manager).

Test using the headset without the USB dongle into the Realtek audio jacks. There may be an update for the USB dongle that might improve compatibility but it still might be the issue - try setting the default sound source in Windows then look at the in-game).

Also, delete the hardware_settings_config.xml before trying with your updated setup.

33 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

OK - BIOS is up to date (2104) Make sure your RAM is running at 1600 (not OC'ed, it looks like it isn't, but 1600 is better than 1333)

The SSD looks a little small - for troubleshooting I always recommend Steam on C : drive but with W10 and the game on there you're going to struggle for space.

Asmedia (is the 2 blue USB ports on the back panel, try to use others in preference) - if you had installed the ASUS driver package (from 2016) uninstall it deleting the driver software as you do, then Windows should just install the inbox driver. You can do the same for the SATA driver and again, if you connect your drives to the Intel connectors (brown is best for drives, black for optical and avoid using the grey Asmedia ones). You can turn off the USB charge option.

The other thing is the LAN driver (use the IDSA to update) and UAD (not HDA) Audio Driver (please uninstall the old HDA driver with internet disconnected and delete the driver software, restart and install this driver before restarting and reconnecting internet - you will see 'Realtek(R) Audio' in Device Manager).

Test using the headset without the USB dongle into the Realtek audio jacks. There may be an update for the USB dongle that might improve compatibility but it still might be the issue - try setting the default sound source in Windows then look at the in-game).

Also, delete the hardware_settings_config.xml before trying with your updated setup.

I'll try these, thanks. I've already deleted the hardware_settings_config.xml, didn't help. I'll report in a bit.

Update: nothing seems to work out. 

Archived