Jump to content Jump to content

Hi all. Just some advice please. I am thinking of getting a button box and wondered if anyone could recommend one? It would only be for use in racing sims and wouldn't need to be overly complicated - maybe 16 or so functions. 

Hi Zampa. Great idea. I set about looking for a programmable numerical keypad (as I couldn't find one with a 'space bar' key) and this is where I ran into trouble. They seem to be quite rare beasts unless you are looking to spend a lot of money. I finally came up what seems to be a solution - a free programme called 'HID Macros' which allows you to re-programme keypad buttons. I need to do a little more research but - thanks to you - it looks like a £10 wireless keypad plus free programming software might do the trick!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Thanks Lakrits. I will have a closer look at this against the cost of a programmable button box as my original idea has crashed and burned. When I went to download HID Macros I found that it has been replaced by a newer programme called Lua Macros. The problem for me is that HID Macros had a simple GUI for programming the buttons where with Lua you have to type everything in in code :classic_blink: which, to a simple soul like me, seems a backward step.