Jump to content Jump to content

Rallycross Megane, overpowered?

Hey guys

I'm starting a little RallyCross event with some mates of mine. Rules have stated that we are using the base game Supercars with no tuning. So far though, in all our test races the Renault Megane wins, regardless of driver. Is the car just overpowered or will the car not perform as well on other tracks? If its overpowered I'm tempted to drop it from the options, but then I'm concerned that one of the other cars will just become the new favourite, am I right?

Any advice would be great

I think everyone agrees that the best 2018 Supercar is the Megane, then I would say the Audi S1 (which I much prefer driving).

Best 2019 Supercar is harder to pick. 208 is probably the best all rounder, MINI and Ibiza are also fast as well. S1 is my most used car in the 2019 class as well though! 

• Agree 1
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, LeeClow said:

in all our test races the Renault Megane wins, regardless of driver.

Are you hot-lapping times to test or are you doing actual races? While you are correct that the Megane is fastest, that can be decently nerfed if the driver is stuck fighting in traffic all race. So if you're only going off hot-lap times I would be cautious that they aren't fully indicative of what a race weekend would look like. Same way that the 240z or Manta 400 might be considered "super slow" in their classes, but you find one or two in the top 10 or 20 every time there is an H3/Group B RWD daily. RX can be even more dynamic in this since you have 5 drivers all vying for position every corner.

Hot-lap and theoretical pace doesn't always translate to race pace. If you're doing actual race testing though and it is consistently running away from the group, then opt to ban it for your custom events. 

Edited by Mike Dee

Thanks @Mike Dee

That's a good point, we were racing, but only three of us so easy to break away from the other 2. I will test again with a few more drivers and see if I get the same results. The Drivers are set in teams of three so I might allow only the worst driver in the team to pick it, or assign it to the bottom third of the table each race weekend.