Jump to content Jump to content

Unrealistic lap times in time trial

All - I wonder if the time trial results on all tracks are realistic 

I wonder how results can be so much better - sometimes with assists on vs the next best es sports racer 

what is the explanation and how can this be prevented 

is it same in multiplayer? 

6 minutes ago, ragequit1 said:

The explanation is very simple: cheats.

Nothing more, nothing less.

Do not understand- cheats ??

nothing the game takes care of ?

with other words could be used with or without assists ?

What would be the impact on MP ? 

The unrealistic time trial leaderboard numbers had been a plague in the past as well, I will not go into the details on who is the main suspect (didn't look for a while), but usually one name always appears on the top and he provides the tools to make modification on certain variables regarding car or track.

I am not sure of the current state of how Codemasters is fighting against this.
If I remember correctly, there was instances that affected multiplayer gameplay also, but I am not positive on that.

11 hours ago, Shark2Racing said:

Do not understand- cheats ??

Game mods that enable drivers to go faster. Increasing grip is one way this is done I believe.

This is more of an issue on PC than consoles, but having the known eSports drivers on the PC leaderboards gives a pretty good idea of what the true top times are I think.

Its a shame that Codemasters don't at least manually edit the leaderboards to remove the most blatant cheat times.

• Agree 2
4 hours ago, Ultra3142 said:

Its a shame that Codemasters don't at least manually edit the leaderboards to remove the most blatant cheat times. 

I think they do, it's just that new ones pop up all the time.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Administrator
5 hours ago, Ultra3142 said:

@Lakrits is correct here.

Most of this does happen on PC, and I've been a part of the team to help remove some of the obvious cheaters. We continue to work on these when we have the resource available. However, like they stated, even if we ban/block some, we can never catch all of them I'm afraid.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I once heard somewhere that there’s some flashback glitch that players are using to get quick laptimes on console. 
Maybe a reporting function would help to get rid of the cheaters?

40 minutes ago, Route765 said:

I once heard somewhere that there’s some flashback glitch that players are using to get quick laptimes on console. 

Yes that was early on in the life of F1 2020. I think that was patched out although I'm not certain. It obviously shouldn't be possible to set a valid TT time if a flashback has been used. I'm not even sure why they are even an option in TT. I'm in no danger of troubling the top of any TT leaderboards myself though so I haven't spent time checking up on this.

Here's a hacking example that happens to have been posted today:

Posted (edited)

Looking at that it's just crazy. I don't want to know how it's done but at the same time it has to be done in a way so the game doesn't detect it. Just makes me wonder how many are using hacks like this.

Fortunately, like Ben says in the video, most of the ones using hacks like this can't drive anyway so they often lose out in the end even if they cheat.

I hope someone reported this cheater. At least now that the video is in the forum it might come to CMs attention.

Edited by Lakrits
36 minutes ago, Lakrits said:

Fortunately, like Ben says in the video, most of the ones using hacks like this can't drive anyway so they often lose out in the end even if they cheat.

Indeed. And it's likely to be the case I guess since it's less likely someone who has spent time trying to get up to a reasonable standard would want to cheat. Although the whole concept of cheating at games like this just baffles me as it seems so pointless. 

2 hours ago, Ultra3142 said:

Indeed. And it's likely to be the case I guess since it's less likely someone who has spent time trying to get up to a reasonable standard would want to cheat. Although the whole concept of cheating at games like this just baffles me as it seems so pointless. 

Cheating in any kind of game has always baffled me so. But I guess, small minds needs something to boost them.

Well - what about MP races of weekly events then ? 
Especially in wet condition in MP there are guys with times that at similar to dry conditions? 

What about weekly events then ? any proof that these races are really clean ? No cheaters around ???

31 minutes ago, Shark2Racing said:

Especially in wet condition in MP there are guys with times that at similar to dry conditions? 

What about weekly events then ? any proof that these races are really clean ? No cheaters around ???

They were plagued too in the past so other then being manually removed I don't think that's changed much.

48 minutes ago, Shark2Racing said:

Well, the video I posted above was a multiplayer lobby...