Jump to content Jump to content

Hi, my name is Daniel and I'm four decades on this planet. Born and raised in The Netherlands, it must've been 1984 or 1985 when the F1-virus got me. As a kid, every sunday morning I'd watch SKY television (Free-to-air in those days) for cartoons: He-Man, M.A.S.K. and for me the most important: Transformers (G1). After this string of cartoons, the British broadcaster would regularly switch to a Formula One race.

The first vivid memory I have is the Lauda, Prost, Senna podium in Zandvoort 1985. Then, it was Nigel Mansell's tyre explosion in Adelaide during the 1986 title decider. By 1988, one could say I was a regular follower: there was sympathy for a certain Ayrton Senna, but I adored Ferrari particularly #28 Gerhard Berger. We're three decades onward and I still favour La Scuderia over anything else. I support a team, not a particular driver. Ever since there was Grand Prix Circuit (1988) on the PC, I've been hooked on F1 games: whether it was Geoff Crammond's, the elder EA Sports ones, or now Codies: the more F1, the better.

I would like to (re)introduce Career Mode Storytelling. Basically creating an alternative F1-history by sharing your experience and results and mold it into a story; what would be the best part of the forum to do such a thing? Much what the likes of Aarava, Taimetmarduk, or Tom97 are doing, but mostly written text and screens, no vids.

Where could I start making such a thread? It's basically playing through all codemasters' games, that way building a 200-300 GP career...

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/5/2021 at 6:20 PM, Danimal5981 said:

Hi, my name is Daniel and I'm four decades on this planet. Born and raised in The Netherlands, it must've been 1984 or 1985 when the F1-virus got me. As a kid, every sunday morning I'd watch SKY television (Free-to-air in those days) for cartoons: He-Man, M.A.S.K. and for me the most important: Transformers (G1). After this string of cartoons, the British broadcaster would regularly switch to a Formula One race.

The first vivid memory I have is the Lauda, Prost, Senna podium in Zandvoort 1985. Then, it was Nigel Mansell's tyre explosion in Adelaide during the 1986 title decider. By 1988, one could say I was a regular follower: there was sympathy for a certain Ayrton Senna, but I adored Ferrari particularly #28 Gerhard Berger. We're three decades onward and I still favour La Scuderia over anything else. I support a team, not a particular driver. Ever since there was Grand Prix Circuit (1988) on the PC, I've been hooked on F1 games: whether it was Geoff Crammond's, the elder EA Sports ones, or now Codies: the more F1, the better.

I would like to (re)introduce Career Mode Storytelling. Basically creating an alternative F1-history by sharing your experience and results and mold it into a story; what would be the best part of the forum to do such a thing? Much what the likes of Aarava, Taimetmarduk, or Tom97 are doing, but mostly written text and screens, no vids.

Where could I start making such a thread? It's basically playing through all codemasters' games, that way building a 200-300 GP career...

I loved how you started to write hahahaha, what a start 4 you in this forum! Btw Welcome! We will be here for you and for all forum people. Enjoy 🙂

• Like 1