Jump to content Jump to content

F1 2021 questions

With all the excitement for yet a new game starting to roll again, and being a bit surprised by the focus of the trailers, I have some non-specific questions about the game that i hope can be answered here. 
The first one being if F1 2021's improvements will be mainly focused around the single player again like the current game, resulting in a largely disappointing experience for people who bought the game just to play online? Or have big steps been made to make the game a lot better in multiplayer too? 
The second is a more general question. And it's if this will be a big update in general? That tries to address a lot of the woes that have been annoying players for over a few years now? By this i mean: have things like the penalty system been looked at, will we get more options to customize the game to play the way we want? Or things like allowing more players in lobbies for instance. Or maybe change to iracing style dedicated servers altogether? Or will it be more like a reskin with some new tracks and car liveries but in all essence the same game? 

I try not to ask for specifics here, because I can understand that even if people know, they are probably not allowed to tell us. But maybe some things can be told about what to expect from the multiplayer in the new game or just in general: should we expect a big improvement or more of the same?

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, Sbinnotto07 said:

I think we should expect big improvements, after that huge price raise.

Are you on about the regional pricing? Because that's just EA policy where Codemasters has no influence on.

• Agree 1

All we've had so far is the initial launch video. There will be more info. released as we get closer to the release date in July.

(Improvement to multiplayer is mentioned in the launch info. but realistically we'll only actually know how good/bad it may be post-launch.)

• Agree 1
Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Gladystonff said:

three weeks without news

Nothing been seen so far, no still images from the game, no video, no hotlap, not story mode outtakes. Given the release date in like 2 months and a week, that seems a bit awkward. I would have expected some more insights during the first or second week in may, similar to 2020. But appearently that was not to be and so we better focus on what we have and play some more F1 2020. Oh if 2020 had its handful of flaws patched away, I would be so happy waiting meanwhile.

Edited by Schneehase
  • Agree 4
14 minutes ago, Gladystonff said:

three weeks without news

If we dont get anything tomorrow, perhaps next week a video comes with actual gameplay like last year. Almost a month without any news, well, hoping for this being a bad signal.

• Agree 1
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Schneehase said:

Nothing been seen so far, no still images from the game, no video, no hotlap, not story mode outtakes. Given the release date in like 2 months and a week, that seems a bit awkward. I would have expected some more insights during the first or second week in may, similar to 2020. But appearently that was not to be and so we better focus on what we have and play some more F1 2020. Oh if 2020 had its handful of flaws patched away, I would be so happy waiting meanwhile.

Maybe they can show us a hotlap around Spain tomorrow with the new layout, im hoping for it will be really nice. 
But yeah not a single screenshot of the game. Almost a month with just the announce trailer, but is better for us to no complaining so much, some people will start judging us because of that

Edited by Paradox53
Posted (edited)

i don't see what's the panic about gameplay last year the announcement trailer came out on the 15th of april for the Schumacher dlc reveal which included gameplay on the 4th june so could be waiting around about this time maybe which makes sense as they still haven't shown of fully what's in the deluxe edition

Edited by Nightfire1964
4 minutes ago, Nightfire1964 said:

i don't see what's the panic about gameplay last year the announcement trailer came out on the 15th of april for the Schumacher dlc reveal which included gameplay on the 4th june so could be waiting around about this time maybe which makes sense as they still haven't shown of fully what's in the deluxe edition

Sorry but you're wrong, last year on 29 April a hotlap from Zandvoort was release, on next week on 7 May a lap around Spain was release aswell showing the sector 3 modification, and 12 may some guys from YouTube release a lot of gameplay showing a early preview of the game, nobody is just from nowhere claims for gameplay, last year at this point a lot of content was dropped so, we are just worrie if something is wrong or not. Nobody is panic about gameplay theyre just hyped and wainting for something is pretty normal for a human being. 

• Like 1
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Paradox53 said:

Sorry but you're wrong, last year on 29 April a hotlap from Zandvoort was release, on next week on 7 May a lap around Spain was release aswell showing the sector 3 modification, and 12 may some guys from YouTube release a lot of gameplay showing a early preview of the game, nobody is just from nowhere claims for gameplay, last year at this point a lot of content was dropped so, we are just worrie if something is wrong or not. Nobody is panic about gameplay theyre just hyped and wainting for something is pretty normal for a human being. 

oh sorry missed that video when i looked at their youtube channel.

Edit: after i have been told about my mistake about the trailers i can see what you then mean but yeah you could be right about spain maybe i'm not worried about about trailers just yet and i would want to see proper gameplay of what will look like when we play the game

Edited by Nightfire1964
  • Agree 1

I guess it's just me but I don't understand why everyone's so impatient. The game won't be out for a bit over two months. There's still plenty of time for previews.

I'd rather they focus on making the game as good as it possibly can be then waste time with making videos about it.

• Agree 1
3 minutes ago, Lakrits said:

I guess it's just me but I don't understand why everyone's so impatient. The game won't be out for a bit over two months. There's still plenty of time for previews.

There sure is. It might be that all the reports about selling Codemasters to EA and previous experience with EA branded games have brought a little uncertainty into things, especially with 2020/2021 being these oddball pandemic years which they are, IRL as well as for the gaming industry. Personally I feel that with EA coming into play, this game series is now at a point where it could go either way, and I admit I am a little more worried than excited from what we have learned about F1 2021 so far. Maybe it is that I wish for some content to be shown, not so much because I cant wait, but to relief me from the doubts that have buildt up recently.

• Agree 1

Like @Lakrits I'm struggling to see anything to worry about. This isn't some entirely new game that could be postponed to who knows when but the latest annual iteration of a long-running game. Surely nobody seriously thinks that a lack of gameplay videos means that a functional racing game doesn't exist?

Bear in mind the imminent beta testing too.

I'd recommend just enjoying the current game for a couple of months and then seeing where we're at. That's my plan :classic_smile:.

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Lakrits said:

I'd rather they focus on making the game as good as it possibly can be then waste time with making videos about it.

It's not impatience per se! at least not from my part. 

But as someone hoping that the next game will finally get the multiplayer right, and knowing a lot of people were dissapointed by lasts years multiplayer, 
I'd have hoped they put more emphasis on that to put people's minds at ease. As well as it's the area where the game has the biggest room for growth now. 

That and I just don't want to get my hopes up if it will be more of the same. Some more myteam features won't sell the game for me. But new and improved multiplayer modes and an overall smoother experience will. 

Edited by Bblows
  • Agree 1
40 minutes ago, Javieriru_911 said:

The F1 2021 will have all new layouts like in Montmeló and Albert Park??? 

nothing from what i have seen has been announced literally all the info is what codie released on the 15th regarding the announcement in the game

• Agree 1
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Javieriru_911 said:

The F1 2021 will have all new layouts like in Montmeló and Albert Park??? 

I would certainly hope so.. having the tracks that are actually raced on in the F1 season in the game this time around seems like the least what an officially licensed game should have. I wouldn't even count that under new content. The tracks as they are driven on should be in the game. 

I just hope this will be more than a reskin with 2021 tracks/liveries and some improved single player, But an improved game that unmakes a lot of past years mistakes and redesigns the multiplayer and penalty systems, adds better replays, more options and overall control before and during races. Those kind of things. Almost any racing game I have played does them a lot better than this one and it has surprised me a bit that they didn't seem to take multiplayer seriously at all over the last years. And I'm basically asking if we have reason to believe that will change for the next one.

Edited by Bblows