Jump to content Jump to content

Red Flags in Future F1Games?

Good day everyone!

I'm not sure if this has been talked about before or not on the forums, but I loved how the older F1 games had the red flag feature when half the field would be yeeted out of the race. I was thinking in future F1 games when there is a serious incident the red flag would be displayed and we would get the option to either drive back into the pits or skip to the pits. During the red flag issue there is a count down clock on when the session would restart and during that period there will be a menu where you can change the strategy of the race. You would also have the option to skip the timer where you can resume the race where it once left of by either driving out of the pits and back on the grid or skip to the grid start. 

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

You mean for single player or career mode gameplay? Sure, I wouldn't mind. As long as this is just an optional thing that can be disabled in the settings. I am sure the virtual marshals and virtual pixel environment will be just fine without red flags.

Also, don't let it skip. You want "realism", sit the red flag through like in real life 🙂

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
21 hours ago, ragequit1 said:

You mean for single player or career mode gameplay? Sure, I wouldn't mind. As long as this is just an optional thing that can be disabled in the settings. I am sure the virtual marshals and virtual pixel environment will be just fine without red flags.

Also, don't let it skip. You want "realism", sit the red flag through like in real life 🙂

Do You play the game with yellow flags and safety car enabled ?

21 hours ago, ragequit1 said:

I am sure the virtual marshals and virtual pixel environment will be just fine without red flags.

I am sure the virtual marshals and virtual pixel environment will be just fine without safety car and yellow flags too, but You used them anyway, why ?

Honestly , I don't get it why people are coming with this stupid argument that you said whenever there is something they don't need.

3 minutes ago, MaselkoZet said:

I am sure the virtual marshals and virtual pixel environment will be just fine without safety car and yellow flags too, but You used them anyway, why ?

Honestly , I don't get it why people are coming with this stupid argument that you said whenever there is something they don't need.

Once you understand that red flags are there to restore the racing environment to safety standards (fixing barriers and cleaning racing surface), then you will understand why red flags in a video game are useless. Safety car adds to the strategy of the game and yellow flags let me know, if I should be more cautious in a sector due to a car spin, accident, etc.

But like I said. Include the red flags, make it optional, but no time acceleration. We have SC and yellow flags for a real time length in the game.

5 minutes ago, ragequit1 said:

Once you understand that red flags are there to restore the racing environment to safety standards (fixing barriers and cleaning racing surface), then you will understand why red flags in a video game are useless. Safety car adds to the strategy of the game

Aaaand red flags don't add anything to the strategy of the game ?

SO tell me for what there are safety cars in the game, from what i can tell it will be something like    um... idk, maybe the thing that you typed in your comment "restore the racing environment to safety standards"

SO safety cars are useless to, these are just pixels you can make them just disappear, SAME goes for the debris left on track.

Read my last sentence from my previous post. It is MY PERSONAL opinion and I am giving YOU also the liberty to have red flags if you wish. My opinion is that red flags are useless in a video game and from the strategy point of view, SC and weather changes satisfy the needs for strategy changes.