Jump to content Jump to content
F1 2021 | Online Services Down For Maintenance | 26/07/2021 ×

T300 not working in F1 2020, works in 2019

Posted (edited)

I bought a T300 gt TM wheel this weekend to play F1 2020 and Dirt 2 on pc. I cannot get the wheel to work in F1 2020 (steam), while it is fine in F1 2019 (gamepass) dirt 2 (steam) and forza (gamepass).

The problem is slightly variable. Sometimes the game wont detect my wheel at all. sometimes it detects my wheel (mostly after unplugging or a fresh driver install) but then the clutch and gas are inverted, and ffb doesnt work. Sometimes the game also freezes the eintire system when i plug and unplug the wheel

I tried most of the suggestions:

Reinstall game

Delete hardware config

Reinstall drivers

Update wheel firmware

Clean registry with geek 

Disable steam controller support

Any suggestions on what I can try?

• A detailed description of the issue. Please include any error codes here. 
  • See above
  • Platform
  • Pc win10
  • What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 
  • Game-mode?
  • All
  • We need to be able to make your problem happen internally so we can fix the issue. Can you make the problem happen again?
  • All the time...
  • How do you make the problem happen?
  • Just starting the game.
  • What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue 
  • See above
  • What peripherals are you are using (gamepad, wheel make & model etc) 
  • TM t300 rs gt
  • Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears.   
  • No

Edited by GameError

The pedal inversion is a hardware feature on the wheel. It could be an RTFM....

image.thumb.png.3f33dacd68db6e8cf11aa3227de56fc1.png

But you appear to have followed the other troubleshooting procedures. Throw a dxdiag at me.

52 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

The pedal inversion is a hardware feature on the wheel. It could be an RTFM....

image.thumb.png.3f33dacd68db6e8cf11aa3227de56fc1.png

But you appear to have followed the other troubleshooting procedures. Throw a dxdiag at me.

It feels like the game thinks the wheel is a controller, together with the connectivity problems this seems likely. Swapping the pedals would make them implicitly inverted and doesn't solve the lack of ffb. Already tried this.

I will send a dxdiag tonight.

• Thanks 1
18 hours ago, GameError said:

Please see attached. It really feels like steam is interfering with the functionality of the wheel.

DxDiag.txt 88.53 kB · 1 download

Please update the UEFI BIOS (B450M-A PRO MAX, contains AGESA ComboAM4 PIV2 1.2.0.2 this fixes USB issues on B450 chipset and also uCode for the R5 3600).

Very important. Your hardware is so similar to mine, your game should work perfectly.

Hi Stevie, it is indeed a very nice PC, basicly the best you could get summer last year.

I did update the bios via de MSI website to the latest version. However the problem still exists. Maybe one additional remark is that the default T300 game configuration also thinks I give full gas while not touching the gas pedal (next to gas and brakes being inverted and no ffb). You can remedy this in the settings, but I have the feeling the game still thinks the wheel is a gamepad. 

12 hours ago, GameError said:

Hi Stevie, it is indeed a very nice PC, basicly the best you could get summer last year.

I did update the bios via de MSI website to the latest version. However the problem still exists. Maybe one additional remark is that the default T300 game configuration also thinks I give full gas while not touching the gas pedal (next to gas and brakes being inverted and no ffb). You can remedy this in the settings, but I have the feeling the game still thinks the wheel is a gamepad. 

Can you check this document please?

Confirm you are on Firmware 32, driver pack TTRS_2021_1, etc. 

Wheel mode is PS3?

Also, (and somewhat randomly) can you install the 20H2 enablement package? It should be in Windows Update under optional updates. Windows build should be 19042.985

Thanks for all the help.

Firmware and wheel mode are correct, will try the update tonight.

I still think it is weird that the wheel works fine in f1 2019 on gamepass, but not in f1 2020 on steam. Arent both games using the same engine

1 hour ago, GameError said:

Thanks for all the help.

Firmware and wheel mode are correct, will try the update tonight.

I still think it is weird that the wheel works fine in f1 2019 on gamepass, but not in f1 2020 on steam. Arent both games using the same engine

Ostensibly, yes. It would seem to suggest something is unhappy somewhere though.

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

Can you check this document please?

Confirm you are on Firmware 32, driver pack TTRS_2021_1, etc. 

Wheel mode is PS3?

Also, (and somewhat randomly) can you install the 20H2 enablement package? It should be in Windows Update under optional updates. Windows build should be 19042.985

Tried the windows update as well. This is also not helping. Ill try to install the game on an old desktop, see if it is anything related to the wheel hardware. 

Edited by GameError

Hi Stevie, I just tried it on my old gaming pc, the wheel worked like a charm there. Any suggestion on what I could try to get it going on this new pc? Something seems indeed to be unhappy.

13 hours ago, GameError said:

Hi Stevie, I just tried it on my old gaming pc, the wheel worked like a charm there. Any suggestion on what I could try to get it going on this new pc? Something seems indeed to be unhappy.

So it works with F1 2020 on another PC?

Tell me how the USB ports are populated (remove any USB hubs, powered or passive, use the motherboard connectors not front or top panel case slots. use USB 2.0 for the G29).

Posted (edited)

Yes it works on f1 2020 on another pc. 

USB ports are populated normally, I used a USB hub for keyboard and mouse, but removed it to test if it works without. No help. 

T300 is connected to the motherboard, in one of the two USB2 slots. Display also uses a USB port as do the speakers.

So I have the following devices connected directly:

Keyboard

Mouse

Display

Speakers

T300 RS GT (USB 2.0)

Edited by GameError
  • Thanks 1
Posted (edited)

Yes, that was one of your instructions in another topic. I did find a couple of topics with the G29 wheel (I have T300) wo had similar problems. They could fix it via the registry (for example https://www.reddit.com/r/F1Game/comments/g6marl/logitech_g29_inverted_pedals_and_no_ffb/)? 

Attached is the report. Please let met know if you need a different format from HTML, and thanks for all your help. 

REPORT.HTM

Edited by GameError
Posted (edited)

I think the usb hub that shows up is my case. Not really removable. I do use one normally, but have tested without and this report should be without the hub.

Edit: Or it could be my display, lmc tonight

Edited by GameError

Hi Stevie, I already tried that in one of the first steps. However, I tried the final soluation, a complete wipe of my entire system. This actually fixed it! No clue what the problem was. Thank for all the help

• Like 1
12 hours ago, GameError said:

Hi Stevie, I already tried that in one of the first steps. However, I tried the final soluation, a complete wipe of my entire system. This actually fixed it! No clue what the problem was. Thank for all the help

So many times this is the solution. Another Windows SNAFU.