Jump to content Jump to content
F1 2021 | Online Services Down For Maintenance | 26/07/2021 ×

Hi everyone,

I just want to know what people think of Perez after the Spanish GP. Want to see a discussion of multiple people who thinks different! In my opinion Perez needs to step his game up, more in Quali then in race but both of them. What are your conclusions and opinions?

1 hour ago, Martijn5402 said:

Hi everyone,

I just want to know what people think of Perez after the Spanish GP. Want to see a discussion of multiple people who thinks different! In my opinion Perez needs to step his game up, more in Quali then in race but both of them. What are your conclusions and opinions?

Clearly is qualy run is not being the best, as he can do good recovers during the race as we saw already in various races during his career. However I'm starting to think that gasly and albon problems were really the car and that annoying guy (ye helmut marko). At first I thought it was just an excuse, but know I'm really considering that as a possibility. Nonetheless he needs to improve his one-shot lap.

• Agree 2

I think it's still too early to get a real idea of where he is. All drivers in their first years in new teams are struggling still compared to their teammates. I think that hes already performing at least as good as if not better than both Albon and Gasly ever did despite only four races so far. I think he will keep getting closer and expect him to be racing Bottas regularly fairly soon. Obviously, if he stays at his current level then theres a problem but considering we have drivers like Alonso, Ricciardo, Vettel and Sainz, all fantastic drivers still getting up to speed I dont think Perez is doing any worse. It just looks worse as he's in a faster car than the others and his direct competition is Hamilton, Verstappen and Bottas who's well acclimatized to his team.

• Agree 2
Posted (edited)

Like all sports there is levels to the game. Put a average driver in a top team against a elite teammate and he will still be a average driver and it will show up more than it would why he in midfield teams.. Bottas same situation top car and very rarely really gives Hamilton any real challenge . Put leclerc in the second red bull and Russell in the second Merc and you likely have a different championship a 4 way battle as you have the 4 best driver's in the 4 top seats . But he should at least be in the fight with Bottas but he won't hold that seat long if he continues to be no threat in race to interfer with Merc stragey calls....

Edited by Naxlr
  • Agree 1

It's early in the season but Perez has more points after 4 races than Albon did after the first 4 last year, and Albon had been in the same car part of the previous season too.

As others have said, all the drivers who have swapped teams seem to be taking time to get used to their new cars too. Something that actually puts George Russell's performance in the Mercedes last season in an even more impressive light I think.

• Agree 1
11 minutes ago, Nightfire1964 said:

agree with ultra only now have we had decent results from the likes of Ricciardo who had a great Sunday 

Sainz he's showing great signs too, except for Portugal where he had some kind of tyres problem

• Agree 1
29 minutes ago, Tomasslb24 said:

Sainz he's showing great signs too, except for Portugal where he had some kind of tyres problem

oh yeah completely forgot he's been decent competition for leclerc although some drivers this season have really proven themselves like ocon can't believe i'm saying this but stroll has been doing allot better than vettel which is good to see drivers are really showing developments

• Agree 1
23 minutes ago, Nightfire1964 said:

oh yeah completely forgot he's been decent competition for leclerc although some drivers this season have really proven themselves like ocon can't believe i'm saying this but stroll has been doing allot better than vettel which is good to see drivers are really showing developments

Completely agree with you. Ocon is really showing some promising results and Stroll is being much better than Vettel, altough im still hoping Vettel can bounce back but he seems a little bit down in form. But that is still a lot of races to go through.

1 minute ago, Tomasslb24 said:

Completely agree with you. Ocon is really showing some promising results and Stroll is being much better than Vettel, altough im still hoping Vettel can bounce back but he seems a little bit down in form. But that is still a lot of races to go through.

oh yeah totally agree with vettel just feel like if it comes to halfway of the season and he isn't pushing stroll as teammate i don't see him staying for long if he is struggling

11 hours ago, Martijn5402 said:

Hmm, he finds himself in the most competitive situation he ever was, thats for sure. However it still is too early to tell, Max has been in the team for years and everything is tailored around him. Noone expected Checo to come to RedBull and match Verstappen. Perhaps he is putting himself under more pressure than necessary. Once he settels down, has everything set with the car and setup as he prefers to, and focus on this strengths again (tyre usage...) I d bet he will look way stronger that he did lately. Stopping to find something magic to match Max might be the key. I wish him all the best, he deserved a better drive years back, so lets hope that now he can make the most of it. Spain was unlucky with his shoulder problem, but did you see who were the 3 or 4 drivers that did gain a few spots during the start? Raikkönen (he does that every race) Perez and Schumacher if I did not miss out on any. Gogogo Checo. you can do it!

I think Perez is much better than Albon and Gasly and all the previous riders alongside Max (except someone like Ricciardo), but he still needs his time to settle into the team as everyone is doing, from Ricciardo to Sainz etc. I am very confident in him and in his abilities, because he has proven to be a high caliber driver. What do you think of my opinion?

Perez's greatest perk is tyre saving, BUT he's yet to show it. And now being like what twice as less points as Max makes the team use him as second fiddle from the get go. 

I mean its too early to say really what he can do. As Riccardo, Sainz, Alonso and Tsunoda show is that it is taking along time for all the drivers that have joined a new team this year to really get up to speed. At this point all their teammates are outperforming them, but that is expected since they are all in new cars which act all in different ways in different circumstances. 

I think this year for all drivers (not just Perez at RB) it will take them a whole season to really build confidence and experience in their new car. I think next year is when we will see them really performing on a different level all because they will be familiar with their machine under them.

Perez going to Red Bull is definitely a great choice. Perez is experienced and knowledgeable in F1, since he has been in the sport for 11 years now. He has proven to be a race winner as seen in Shakir 2020 when he was last on lap 1 and won the race in the end. His race pace especially is one of the best and most importantly his consistency is currently at the top level as again he has proven in his last 6-7 years of his F1 career, so ultimately Red Bull putting trust into Perez is something we should have seen many years ago, but I'm happy he's there right now as it was definitely the right choice to make for the team and himself as a driver

.  Overall I am excited to see what Perez has in store!