Jump to content Jump to content

2021 Australian GP question

Will the AGP be round 1 or in the November slot on the game? 
will the game contain all the changes immediately or will it come in a post release patch? Knowing their is more then has been released on media I was curious.

other gamers, would you prefer the old or new AGP track 🙂 

3 minutes ago, Maffoom007 said:

Will the AGP be round 1 or in the November slot on the game? 
will the game contain all the changes immediately or will it come in a post release patch? Knowing their is more then has been released on media I was curious.

other gamers, would you prefer the old or new AGP track 🙂 

seeing that the final calendar that we had which was for starting in Bahrain i think we will be following that minus the tracks coming post launch and any recent track changes we had so i think it would be in its November slot. whether they will have the changes made to the track is anyone's guess if it's not like it on release date I would think it would be a post launch patch but that's a guess we will have to wait till we get more info hopefully in the coming weeks.

1 hour ago, Maffoom007 said:

will the game contain all the changes immediately or will it come in a post release patch?

What do you have in mind by 'all the changes'? All we currently know I think is what's in the game launch information, stating that Imola, Portimao and Jeddah will be added 'post-launch'.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Ultra3142 said:

What do you have in mind by 'all the changes'? All we currently know I think is what's in the game launch information, stating that Imola, Portimao and Jeddah will be added 'post-launch'.

by changes i think they mean will the track be the layout of 2020 when the game is released and then later updated similar to how imola etc are post launch or will the new track layout be available straight away

Edited by Nightfire1964
  • Agree 1
49 minutes ago, Nightfire1964 said:

by changes i think they mean will the track be the layout of 2020 when the game is released and then later updated similar to how imola etc are post launch or will the new track layout be available straight away

I Hope so, we know how difficult it is to build a track from scratch but to make some changes on a full modelated track i think it's not that difficult, for example Barcelona only the turn 10 was changed maybe it will be a the launch already, but will be cool to see the new layout for those tracks, maybe Singapore will have some changes for real life too. W'ill see guys hope codes can make it. 

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Paradox53 said:

I Hope so, we know how difficult it is to build a track from scratch but to make some changes on a full modelated track i think it's not that difficult, for example Barcelona only the turn 10 was changed maybe it will be a the launch already, but will be cool to see the new layout for those tracks, maybe Singapore will have some changes for real life too. W'ill see guys hope codes can make it. 

yeah though for example i'm pretty sure changes to the entry for the pit lane at france was a post launch thing for the 2020 i think or was it 2019 i can't remember lol

Edited by Nightfire1964
4 minutes ago, Nightfire1964 said:

yeah though for example i'm pretty sure changes to the entry for the pit lane at france was a post launch thing for the 2020 i think or was it 2019 i can't remember lol

Exactly and doesn't take too long for it, just a couple of weeks and the changes was release for the full game after launch, i think it's valid to have some faith on this changes.

1 minute ago, Paradox53 said:

Exactly and doesn't take too long for it, just a couple of weeks and the changes was release for the full game after launch, i think it's valid to have some faith on this changes.

oh yeah still got a while and we still only going off info from the announcement and a bit of speculation as well as what's happened in previous years

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Nightfire1964 said:

oh yeah still got a while and we still only going off info from the announcement and a bit of speculation as well as what's happened in previous years

We are almost a month without anynews, and if we look this as a positive thing, this could be a major change for the game, maybe Code was waiting for the new generation to step up the game and not giving any information besides the annouce trailer make us all hyped when they show us a new gameplay, i think they know what theire doing and im feeling something big coming, i dont know if introducing Ray Tracing is a easy thing to on Ego Engine, maybe the graphics got a major update. 

Edited by Paradox53
Posted (edited)

well 2 months away. think main challenge from what i have seen for other games are getting stuff on current and next gen and with people still trying to get them with low stocks it may still be another year before we see the xbox one and ps4 be left behind in some things

Edited by Nightfire1964
6 minutes ago, Nightfire1964 said:

well 2 months away. think main challenge from what i have seen for other games are getting stuff on current and next gen and with people still trying to get them with low stocks it may still be another year before we see the xbox one and ps4 be left behind in some things

Agree, for me the worst thing is the tracks, if they change the engine for example for Unreal Engine like every other company, i dont know whats gonna happen with old generation, it will be really difficult to build a new track for each engine, you right maybe in 2 years old gen will getting problably nothing, or at least something what Konami will do, just update the basic things, transfers, liverys and performance for old gen. 

18 minutes ago, Paradox53 said:

Agree, for me the worst thing is the tracks, if they change the engine for example for Unreal Engine like every other company, i dont know whats gonna happen with old generation, it will be really difficult to build a new track for each engine, you right maybe in 2 years old gen will getting problably nothing, or at least something what Konami will do, just update the basic things, transfers, liverys and performance for old gen. 

I'm guessing you mean Unreal Engine 5 there? Unreal Engine 4 runs on PS4. How suitable either are to racing game mechanics I have no idea though. Might Ego in fact be better in this regard? Things like particle effects are not exactly a priority in F1 games...

In terms of changes in F1 2021 my bet is the Codemasters team will be prioritising adding the new tracks over other track modifications, and I think I remember Barry commenting is what was happening but I may be wrong on this. It is what I'd personally see as a sensible way to go though.

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

I'm guessing you mean Unreal Engine 5 there? Unreal Engine 4 runs on PS4. How suitable either are to racing game mechanics I have no idea though. Might Ego in fact be better in this regard? Things like particle effects are not exactly a priority in F1 games...

In terms of changes in F1 2021 my bet is the Codemasters team will be prioritising adding the new tracks over other track modifications, and I think I remember Barry commenting is what was happening but I may be wrong on this. It is what I'd personally see as a sensible way to go though.

I got you point, but my point is, i think in 2022/2023 they will focus only on new generation, if they change the engine for a Unreal Engine and to work with both 4 and 5 is something easy to do, well them probably wont let old genaration behinde, but i dont know how much effort will be necessary for it happen, hope they can provides the same experience for both geneartions, of course the priority is on new tracks, but like @Nightfire1964 said they did it before with Paul Ricard, why they cant do it from Barcelona at least? Since is just a turn 10. I got your point, like Turkey, for me they can spend those efforts making other tracks better, like my topic about Spa two weeks ago, some parts of the track is by far wrong compare to real track, even the F1 eSports champion from last year talked about it, and those guys from eSports are helping Codes with a lot of things. 

Racing mechanis for me, Assetto Corsa Competizione is pretty cool and runs on UE 5 i think, of course is more like a sim, and we know that Codes can make F1 more to sim side but they probably will lose some public, i like how F1 handles this year, is by far the best ever and they can improve a lot yet, even for who plays on pad. Code is on right path, but some people demmand a more sim F1 gaming and we dont have it, yet, and Unreal Engine can provide this and still good for pad players. 

Edited by Paradox53
5 hours ago, Maffoom007 said:

will the game contain all the changes immediately or will it come in a post release patch? 

Hopefully at launch, since its been planned since last year(?) 

2 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

My guess is that Codemasters will be sticking with developing their Ego engine.

I dont know about it, without EA yep, agree, but we dont know how much EA will interfering on F1 franchise. 

i think it would be a big risk and huge challenge to change engine now with the amount of assets they will have to transfer over is going to be a fair amount and they would need to get people who have experience in unreal engine 4 for me unreal engine 5 is still early days in it's development.

12 minutes ago, Nightfire1964 said:

i think it would be a big risk and huge challenge to change engine now with the amount of assets they will have to transfer over is going to be a fair amount and they would need to get people who have experience in unreal engine 4 for me unreal engine 5 is still early days in it's development.

You right, but what i mean is with the new geneartion coming we need to see how far the Ego Engine can go, how much this engine can extract from the new consoles, i totally agree with you, just thinking if the Ego Engine can handle this. But apparently Ego Engine can handle Ray Tracing so it's a good signal.  

11 minutes ago, Sbinnotto07 said:

I don't think that Codemasters would switch to UE5, EA is using Frostbite in most of their game.

Im glad if they can still work with Ego Engine, Frostbite doesnt look so good especially if you already played FIFA. 

I was looking the minimuns requiritments for this year game and the graphics have quite a lot of an upgrade. 

A 319% upgrade for just the minimuns graphics, and this is not just a guess, is facts, maybe the graphics will be stunishing this year, and Ego Engine is more then capable to extract the maximun from the new generations. Since we cant drive with more then 20 cars on normal GP mode and more then 22 on My team, the processor requiriments still the same. 

image.png.e08c03a97c07af2809321e9a88c27014.png

• Agree 1
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Paradox53 said:

You right, but what i mean is with the new geneartion coming we need to see how far the Ego Engine can go, how much this engine can extract from the new consoles, i totally agree with you, just thinking if the Ego Engine can handle this. But apparently Ego Engine can handle Ray Tracing so it's a good signal.  

Bear in mind that the F1 games have been running on PCs more powerful than the latest consoles for years so they don't specifically open up brand new ground.

Edited by Ultra3142
  • Confused 1
Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

Bear in mind that the F1 games have been running on PCs more powerful than the latest consoles for years so they don't specially open up brand new ground.

What? Do you really mean that? 

Yeah, i know that, but did you realized both xbox one and PS4 are not even close to the new consoles? Right, so, to run this games on 60fps you need to cap the quality, if you search about ACC a bit, the game was made for PC and after months they made a console version, capped and much worse, not even close to PC.

F1 was made to run on PS4 and Xbox One, both consoles are so far from powerful PC that you mecioned on your quote. With those news consoles they can improve the quality of the game, because the new generation can handle this, if you search about f1 2021 on news consoles, they can achive 120fps and Ray traicing on the game, now you can think about, if Code work on F1 just for PC, the graphics would be so much better, but PS4 and Xbox will not run, because they cant mantainly 60fps. Now they can step up the game on graphics because those news consoles allow them to make it. 

Edited by Paradox53
Just now, Paradox53 said:

What? Do you really mean that? 

Yeah, i know that, but did you realized both xbox one and PS4 are not even close to the new consoles? Right, so, to run this games on 60fps you need to cap the quality, if you search about ACC a bit, the game was made for PC and after months they made a console version, capped and much worse, not even close to PC.

F1 was made to run on PS4 and Xbox One, both consoles are so far from powerful PC that you mecioned on your quote. With those news consoles they can improve the quality of the game, because the new generation can handle this, if you search about f1 2021 on news consoles, they can achive 120fps and Ray traicing on the game, know you can think about, if Code work on F1 just for PC, the graphics would be so much better, but PS4 and Xbox will not run, because they cant mantainly 60fps. 

First up note from my signature that I have a PS5, and previously I was running F1 2020 on a PS4. Also be aware that there is zero chance of a PS5 achieving 120 Hz with ray tracing enabled. To achieve such a high frame rate the graphical quality would very likely be lower than what is currently achieved in F1 2020. Personally I'm very interested to see how the 120 Hz option is to play though :classic_smile:.

Back to my previous post - yes I absolutely meant it. Each year the core games will be developed on PC and then the graphical complexity reduced as required to run on other hardware. 

• Confused 1
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

First up note from my signature that I have a PS5, and previously I was running F1 2020 on a PS4. Also be aware that there is zero chance of a PS5 achieving 120 Hz with ray tracing enabled. To achieve such a high frame rate the graphical quality would very likely be lower than what is currently achieved in F1 2020. Personally I'm very interested to see how the 120 Hz option is to play though :classic_smile:.

Back to my previous post - yes I absolutely meant it. Each year the core games will be developed on PC and then the graphical complexity reduced as required to run on other hardware. 

F1 2020 came for PS4 and XBOX One, then they realease the same version for PS5, the game was not realease for PS5 just portable, i dindt say they can achive 120hz and Ray traicing a the same time, you can choose what do you want 120fps or Ray Tracing. "Each year the core games will be developed on PC and then the graphical complexity reduced as required to run on other hardware." Exacly, now they dont need to downgrade the game, because your PS5 can handle this, or you want to play on ps5 with ps4 graphics? Why getting a new console and stick with old gen graphics? 

Edited by Paradox53
4 minutes ago, Paradox53 said:

"Each year the core games will be developed on PC and then the graphical complexity reduced as required to run on other hardware." Exacly, now they dont need to downgrade the game, because your PS5 can handle this, or you want to play on ps5 with ps4 graphics? Why getting a new console and stick with old gen graphics? 

Now we go back to my original point. Less downgrading means what will be achievable on the current generation of consoles will be the same as was acheiveable on PCs in the past, rather than anything new. You also seem to have missed my comment about being interested to see what a 120 Hz mode would play like on my PS5 :classic_smile:. Faster loading time should also be a big improvement over the last gen consoles.