Jump to content Jump to content

Fernando Alonso returns early - F1 2020 lets play series (RP blog)

Schneehase

Austrian GP, post race interview zone: So Fernando, are you happy with todays race? Yes and no. We picked up a few places and the car was decent, still points were just out of reach. We picked up some penalies, but even without them points would have been very difficult. Other than that both cars were running smooth, both drivers gave their best, nothing more to say really. Excuse me, I got to go for another interview...

TV interview zone, British Grand Prix: Fernando, what do you have to say about your Silverstone GP? Nothing - it was a boring, consistent race with a car not quick enough, I could not fight anyone but the curbs... You had a fight with George Russell though? Only early on, after the pitstop he was 6 seconds away, though I had a lap more on the softs, I have non idea how he did that. Anyway, Silverstone does not seem to be the track our car is shining at. Thank you, Fernando!

Pre qualifying Hungarian Grand Prix: Fernando, asking you as a team principal, you had some component changes, what is going on? We tried with the used power unit parts, but we were not competitive this way, so we decided last minute during free practice 3 to change the power unit. That will result in a grid penalty, but we think we can improve during the race that way. Sorry I got to go since qualifying starts in a few minutes...

Der Schneehase - YouTube

Interview zone past Hungarian GP: Fernando, what an exciting Weekend for you, talk us through it? Yeah, I had that moment in Q1 when I broke off the front left suspension, but it did not matter, since we had taken a grid penalty for component swap anyway - and the team did a great job preparing the car for the race. You started 22nd, and came out 15th, are you happy? Well I will not complain making up 7 spots during the race. The car felt both competitive and consistent. You even had a fight with Valtteri? Yes, he had an undercut ending his 1st stint while I was still on the soft tyre, my tyres were good and it was great fun, because I stayed ahead of him when he left the pits. After a few more laps my tyres went off the cliff and I let him pass then, not to ruin his race. He finished 2nd I think. Points were out of reach? If you start 22nd you dont expect points, especially not in Hungary. Then again, the team changed my front wing during my pitstop and I was not aware I had any damage, at least it wasnt noticeable driving. Might have been worth it to go on with that very wing, but it would not have bought 5 places anyway. Thank you, Fernando!

Mid season meet the press:

TV show, sunday evening after Belgium GP: Fernando, nice to have you with us, are you happy to be here? Oh-my-god, you are saying it, I am glad to be here and not in the hospital now. What happened? Driver error, I just so slightly touched the inner curb on the fastest left hander of the track, when Esteban put more and more pressure on me. You really should not - we go with about 280 km/h there and the car went flying. I was lucky for the huge recovery zones to the right, but in the end that spin cost me 2 places. If might have been a challenge to hold the Renault car behind me for 3 more laps, but I could have been 15th today. It just was not to be. Starting back of the grid I had some very good opening laps after a conservative start, the car had awesome traction and breaking, so I could pass a few others during that phase and show our potential, at least.

(Skip the first 10 minutes when watching, race restart @10.30 minutes, since I blew it the first time 😄 appearently I wasnt awake yet...)

Alpine F1 team press release: The Alpine F1 team is proud to announce its new partnership with Sattelite - our continuing success on the Formula 1 stage has brought us some serious business attention and with the support of Sattelite, we will have even more means to be successful in 2020 due to their sponsorship. Sattelite CEO Elron Tuskk has confirmed this being a long term cooperatoin between his space faring industry and our young Formula 1 team. With Renault as our engine partner, Tri Star as our title sponsor, Sattelite as a main supporter, and with PSD and Zainetto1872 as business partners, we are now all set to continue the Alpine F1 teams journey into even more spectacular racing on the highest level. There are some beauty shots of our updated car livery on our website, make sure you dont miss out! Sincerely, Fernando "Garcia" Alonso.

F1 2020 - DX12 Screenshot 2021.06.20 - 10.50.05.44.jpg

F1 2020 - DX12 Screenshot 2021.06.20 - 10.50.24.84.jpg

F1 2020 - DX12 Screenshot 2021.06.20 - 10.50.33.12.jpg

F1 2020 - DX12 Screenshot 2021.06.20 - 10.50.45.16.jpg

Italian GP, interview zone: Bitter sweet - what do you mean Fernando? It was such a promising qualifying and first lap. Decent start, no issues first chicane, and then it all ends because 3 cars do not fit into the entry of the parabolica. I was inside yes, a bit too fast and drifted slightly outside, bämmm gone was my left rear tyre. I suffered a puncher and had to pit 1st lap... Did the car have the potential for points today? You bet, I drove the 2nd fastest lap of the race, and after the second pitstop I did lap myself back versus Bottas and Ricciardo, now that was totally awesome. Could even follow the Ferrari during the last couple of laps, but still, p 20 does not buy me anything. Better luck next time, Fernando! Thanks...

Russian Grand Prix, interviews before free practice #3: So Fernando, what can we expect from your team this weekend? Hard to predict - there is rain forecast for FP3, qualifying should mostly be dry though. We will, in any case, start from the last row, since we had to swap the power unit and some additional components. Russia is a track where you can overtake, and we thought we should rather do it here than on a different track. Race could be wet, or dry, or mixed conditions, in any case it will be an exciting weekend. Excuse me now, i am off for the free practice. Thanks Fernando - and everyone else, dont go away, free practice 3 will be live in a few moments!

Thursday press conference with drivers: So Fernando, what can we expect from Alpine F1 for the rest of the season? My short answer is, that you will watch us to fight as hard as we can for another small points finish. My long answer is, that we are in an awkward position: Williams had this unexpected big point result in Singapore, while we have been struggling all season to earn a few, small points finishes. Anthoine is doing a great job for the team, but until now he could not score points - he is very consistent and strong with some 12th, 14th place finishes. But we really need to score once or twice during the upcoming races. Besides, FIA has just proclaimed the new rules for 2021, and it seems we have to adapt more or less the whole car (all engine and all chassis parts) to make it fit with the rule changes. This will have a negative impact on other developments we had in the pipeline for the last races this year. I wont lie, it wont be easy to finish the year better than we started it, and besides we have to look towards 2021 as well now - but I guess this is the challenge that all new F1 teams are facing, so I will not complain, but I will drive my heart out for another points finish! And for the upcoming practice, Fernando? We brought new parts from the factory, we will focus heavily on adapting the car for the rule changes, so do not expect top laptimes from us, while we focus on car development during free practice sessions. Thank you so much, Fernando!

Post USA Grand Prix interview zone: So Fernando, what happend in your race on the circuit of the americas? Slow. We just were slow, I dont have an explanation. Fernando (walks away) Fernando! Just one more question, please!

Drivers press conference, past Mexican Grand Prix: Fernando, what a great weekend for you and your team, talk us through it! Today, all the hard work the team and I have done over the year paid off, finally did pay off. P7 is our best season result, and boy do we need these points badly. It didnt look too promising with the grid penalty and the rain on Sunday? I would not say so - qualifying was very decent with the 12th best laptime achieved, true, we took the penalty for some engine components and had to start in 21st only. During the race however, we made the best of the 2 safety car phases, with a very early pitstop going for mediums, and staying out during the 2nd incident. What did you think when you saw P1 on the pitwall? Hahaha, well I was thinking that this could be the day, and it was. I am so happy for the team, I cant tell you. Do you think you made the most of it, with Hamilton behind you on the finish line? You bet, I could not hold the Ferrari in the wet, and finishing the race before Lewis was pretty awesome... Congratulations, Fernando!

Alpine F1 Team press release: Celebrating our best points finish yet, and leading a lap for the first time in our young team history, the Alpine F1 team, powered by Renault, are releasing the best pictures of the 2020 Mexican Grand Prix for our loyal fans to enjoy...

F1 2020 - DX12 Screenshot 2021.07.04 - 01.44.44.64.jpg

F1 2020 - DX12 Screenshot 2021.07.04 - 01.45.07.44.jpg

F1 2020 - DX12 Screenshot 2021.07.04 - 01.45.25.86.jpg

F1 2020 - DX12 Screenshot 2021.07.04 - 01.46.03.65.jpg

F1 2020 - DX12 Screenshot 2021.07.04 - 01.46.08.17.jpg

F1 2020 - DX12 Screenshot 2021.07.04 - 01.46.28.16.jpg

F1 2020 - DX12 Screenshot 2021.07.04 - 01.46.42.09.jpg

F1 2020 - DX12 Screenshot 2021.07.04 - 01.46.44.59.jpg

F1 2020 - DX12 Screenshot 2021.07.04 - 01.46.48.97.jpg

TV show, after Abu Dhabi season final Grand Prix: Thank you for joining us tonight, Fernando, share your thoughts about the very first season with Alpine Renault F1 team? We had a little sunshine paired with a lot of clouds and some rain - scoring points in 2 races was our highlight, and makes us confident for the future. It also helps with our business partners, as we fulfilled their demands. Anthoine drove faster than me on so many occasions, great driver, good man, so in sum that is more sunshine than you normally can expect in the maiden season of a new team. And about the other part of the medal? Hmm, there were some races when we found a good setup, had confidence in our car, but our laptimes were simply not competitive enough. Just like here in Abu Dhabi, my car felt great, I had a nice drive, but in the end I was way off challenging other teams. That hurt times during the season, and we will have to work on this in season two. The same goes for our reliability record, but I cant blame anyone as we tried to catch up all season, carspeed wise. So, you are content with the 2020 season? I would say so, we finished 10th as a team, scored 8 points, and i finished 19th tied with Romain on 18th. Wont complain about that. Anthoine, such a decent driver, yet he did not score a point, bit unlucky and I am sorry for him - we would still love him to stay with us for 2021, as he was very reliable and fast. Thank you so much, and a big applause for Fernando Alonso ladies and gentlemen!!!

Alpine F1 team press release, end of 2020 season: After a thrilling and challenging first season, the Alpine Renault F1 team is reaching out to all our fans out there, who took part in our yourney so far. You followed our blog and our youtube coverage in numbers, thank you so much everyone. You are the BEST! Big thanks go also out to our business partners, with Renault as our engine partner, Tri Star as our title sponsor, Sattelite as a main supporter, and with PSD and Zainetto1872 as business partners, we are all set to continue the Alpine F1 teams journey for the upcoming 2021 season. Congratulations to our competitors Mercedes to win the constructor championship, and to Valtteri Bottas for being the better Lewis this year 😄 

What will we accomplish in season two? Will we sign new drivers? Can we keep up or even extend the development race versus the other teams? Can we score even more championship points than in 2020? Can we climb the ladder, beat more than one other manufacturer in 2021?

Make sure you follow our youtube channel (link below) covering all our preperations and pre-season developments for an exciting 2021 season! Yours sincerely CEO Fernando "Garcia" Alonso

F1 2020 - DX12 Screenshot 2021.07.08 - 18.26.56.92.jpg

F1 2020 - DX12 Screenshot 2021.07.09 - 01.41.11.25.jpg

F1 2020 - DX12 Screenshot 2021.07.09 - 01.42.38.33.jpg

F1 2020 - DX12 Screenshot 2021.07.09 - 01.39.01.43.jpg

Alpine F1 team press release, pre 2021 season: Here you can follow the coverage and gain some insights from our Alpine F1 team factory and drivers between season 1 and season 2, come and see which driver we sign, meet the staff in our factory, follow the press and TV interviews and so much more - enjoy! 

Australian GP 2021 TV coverage: Greetings ladies and gentlemen, greetings F1 enthusiasts, after a very long winter the wait is finally over and we will enter the new F1 2021 season with the first free practice of the year today. Will Valtteri Bottas defend his 2020 drivers title, will Mercedes dominate constructors again, will Ferrari or RedBull or someone else turn out as Mercedes' strongest competitor this year, who is replacing Kimi Räikkönnen after his retirement at Alfa Romeo? And - how competitive will the recently founded Alpine Renault F1 team be, can they catch up with the midfield, or will they fight Williams all year? The lights at the end of the pitlane are turning green, and we have the chance to follow the very first practice session live, always exciting to do so, as another year of F1 racing starts...

Australian GP 2021, paddock interview after FP1: Congratulations Fernando, P1, are you surprised? Hmm, yes and no, it was on the soft tyre while everyone else was on mediums, but coming in 1st is always nice, and we made up quite a gap. Did you improve so much over the winter? Hard to say today, lets see on Saturday and Sunday... Thanks!

F1 2020 - DX12 Screenshot 2021.07.09 - 16.38.26.88.jpg

Australian GP 2021, interview zone: Fernando, you are looking angry? I am! I will have to talk with the stewards about this, this is ridiclous, are we driving an F1 race here, or is this stock car racing? I have been sent to the wall twice, I could recover after the first incident and worked my way from last spot up to like P#11 taking advantage of the safety car lap 3+4, but there was no chance recovering from the 2nd incident. Look at the footage yourself, they were quite similar, I was way ahead entering both braking zones, while the drivers behind me have to stick their front axle between the walls and my rear axle. This is a city circuit here, do they want to kill me? I hope their penalties will be adequat... Oh and I am sorry for Nobuharu, not being able to conclude your first race with the new team can result in a lot of pressure... He was quick, but if you want to finish 1st you have to finish first... Thanks for the open words, Fernando!

Australian GP 2021, beyond the results recap: Fernando, please let our viewers know about the following:

• Were you content with your cars setup? Yes, it was a bit slow but I had good confidence in the car
  • Were you happy with your pitstop tactics? Very happy (made up a lap under safety car)
  • Did you have a fair chance to score points? Rather not
  • Do you think you achieved the best possible result? No
  • Did you make any significant mistake? Yes (slightly touched the back of a racing point when in 11th place, as a result I suffered an accident vs Kvyat immediately after)
  • Did you receive any penalty? Nope, it was a penalty free race

Archived