Jump to content Jump to content

Crossplay coming to dirt, maybe for F1 2021 too?

As seem from the tweet attached, its been confirmed in the next update for dirt tomorrow their will be cross-platform, does this mean we may see this feature coming to F1 2021? If it is thats a massive dub for codies as that will be a game changerūüėĄ

A200B647-F1A5-443E-A85F-B760B6ED951F.png

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
Posted (edited)

Hopefully so, having crossplay between platforms will help a lot to the competition between people from pc and people from ps4/xbox. Especially to be able to play with your friends from other different platforms.

Edited by Javieriru_911
  • Agree 3
25 minutes ago, Javieriru_911 said:

Hopefully so, having crossplay between platforms will help a lot to the competition between people from pc and people from ps4/xbox. Especially to be able to play with your friends from other different platforms.

Agree with you guys, but maybe we have a problem here, the crossplay will be PC/PS4/XBOX ONE, or PC/PS5/XBOX S? If they realease different version for each generation i dont know how it would work. 

• Agree 1
45 minutes ago, Paradox53 said:

Agree with you guys, but maybe we have a problem here, the crossplay will be PC/PS4/XBOX ONE, or PC/PS5/XBOX S? If they realease different version for each generation i dont know how it would work. 

Iam 99% sure the game is already cross gen , so ps4 with ps5 and xbox one and series x/s. Only thing were ‚Äúmissing‚ÄĚ is cross play between ps and xbox in general¬†

• Like 2

As above, F1 2020 multiplayer is playable cross-gen but not cross-platform. 

It will be very interesting too see how cross-platform play goes in Dirt 5 :classic_smile:.

• Disagree 1
Posted (edited)

I would say its extremely likely that crossplay is coming to F1 2021. This is also underlined by the fact that they want to start the F1 2021 beta with the multiplayer features. 

Edited by SAL_LippiArsenal
  • Agree 1
Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, Ultra3142 said:

As above, F1 2020 multiplayer is playable cross-gen but not cross-platform. 

It will be very interesting too see how cross-platform play goes in Dirt 5 :classic_smile:.

Yeah, its cross gen but you play it as a PS4 game on your PS5 this is why you can play with your PS4 friends. If F1 2021 will release like Fifa 2021 then you can do it if you play on the last gen version and not the next gen.

Edited by osy13
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, osy13 said:

No! F1 2020 is not cross-gen. You play it on the PS5 as a PS4 game because of the backward compatibility, this is why you can play with PS4 players.

The point is that F1 2020 multiplayer is cross-gen on PlayStation, in that PS4 and PS5 players play against each other. 

Edited by Ultra3142
  • Disagree 1
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Pawel567 said:

If there was crossplay in F1 2021 it would be great news.  It would benefit pc,xbox,ps 

Definitely. Well, so long as it works reliably, and there isn't somehow an advantage of players on one platform over another.

Edited by Ultra3142
Posted (edited)

You keep saying that F1 2020 has cross-gen multiplayer, which is false, because it doesn't have a PS5 / XSXS version. On those consoles, it's just running the PS4 Pro / XOX version in backwards compatibility mode. This didn't imply in any way that F1 2021 would have it.

Edited by BLITZRAZOR01X
  • Agree 3
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, BLITZRAZOR01X said:

You keep saying that F1 2020 has cross-gen multiplayer, which is false, because it doesn't have a PS5 / XSXS version. On those consoles, it's just running the PS4 Pro / XOX version in backwards compatibility mode. This didn't imply in any way that F1 2021 would have it.

You're partly mixing up cross-gen (e.g. PS4 and PS5) and cross-platform (e.g. PlayStation and XBOX, of any generation) there. F1 2020 has mixed lobbies of PS4 and PS5 players hence it is cross-gen.

This is entirely different to making any statement about what will happen regarding F1 2021 (which if you were specifically replying to me, please note that I have not done). I totally agree with the point of different versions of the game on last and current generation consoles being different to the current situation with F1 2020 and so we certainly can't assume cross-gen play will be possible just because it is in F1 2020.

Edited by Ultra3142

If F1 2021 is to have Cross platform that would make everything soo much more competitive on online and im all for it, hell even Time Trial would be more closer

one thing im interested in is would cross platform work on the 2 player career, if so that would be amazing 

eitherway it would be great to have cross platform, and if dirt 5 is getting it surely the f1 games will get the same treatment 

23 minutes ago, fattier71 said:

I'm OK for cross play between Xbox and playstation, but not with pc, there's too much cheater/ cheat code  on pc 

That's an interesting point actually. I hadn't thought of that.

I would love to see this in the 2021 game, It would add another aspect to online play and two-player career mode. I can guarantee that online lobbies would have at the very least 10 players average. This will bring everyone together and create a better experience. Even if it isn't in F1 2021 I would love to see it even more in the future :classic_biggrin:

• Agree 1
1 hour ago, Ultra3142 said:

That's an interesting point actually. I hadn't thought of that.

Maybe they’d need some sort of Anti-Cheat to stop this, and also an option to turn on/off crossplay when matchmaking 

1 hour ago, DylanWest2004 said:

Maybe they’d need some sort of Anti-Cheat to stop this, and also an option to turn on/off crossplay when matchmaking 

There already are measures in place to try to prevent cheats being used, it's just that some find ways round them.

• Agree 1