Jump to content Jump to content

F1 2021 CROSSPLAY BETWEEN PS4/PS5

According to german tech-magazin PCGH, Dirt 5 has received cross-play functionality with the latest update. Could be an indication that F1 2021 will have crossplay from the start. Another evidence could be the fact, that the want to focus on the Multiplayer in the F1 beta first. 

17 hours ago, THEHAMZAGAMER12 said:

On the xbox store (see pic) xbox cross gen is supported so I assume same goes for Playstation

EC664619-7630-4086-AEE3-6DB409BEFF34.jpeg

If its true then its a bad thing. Yeah maybe the visual will be good but if the next gen will have the same physics than it wont be a full next gen game 😞

• Confused 1
17 minutes ago, osy13 said:

If its true then its a bad thing. Yeah maybe the visual will be good but if the next gen will have the same physics than it wont be a full next gen game 😞

Do you think physics modelling is particularly limited by hardware? Naively I'm not sure it is. I don't recall hearing that the main physics model is different on PC?

Personally I'd love to see cross-platform multiplayer, PROVIDED it is stable/reliable.

• Like 1
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, osy13 said:

I was searching for the engine of Dirt 5 and didnt found, so maybe they use a new version of Ego Engine, and they problably use the same engine for F1 2021 with improved physics, and ffb.

Ego Engine v4.0

F1 2015 (2015), F1 2016 (2016), F1 2017 (2017), DIRT 4 (2017), F1 2018 (2018), F1 2019 (2019)Dirt Rally 2.0 (2019)

Those games use the ego engine v4.0, maybe Dirt 5 and F1 2021 was made on a v5.0? 

I Think they can do the cross-gen with the full next-gen game, they just need to downgrade the graphics for old gen and it's fine, the physics is about engine, and maybe they can run the same for both generations, just capped for old gen. So keep your hope my man, the game will have better physics, for sure. 

Edited by Paradox53
Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Paradox53 said:

I was searching for the engine of Dirt 5 and didnt found, so maybe they use a new version of Ego Engine, and they problably use the same engine for F1 2021 with improved physics, and ffb.

Ego Engine v4.0

F1 2015 (2015), F1 2016 (2016), F1 2017 (2017), DIRT 4 (2017), F1 2018 (2018), F1 2019 (2019)Dirt Rally 2.0 (2019)

Those games use the ego engine v4.0, maybe Dirt 5 and F1 2021 was made on a v5.0? 

I Think they can do the cross-gen with the full next-gen game, they just need to downgrade the graphics for old gen and it's fine, the physics is about engine, and maybe they can run the same for both generations, just capped for old gen. So keep your hope my man, the game will have better physics, for sure. 

wikipedia said, that the following games based on Ego Engine:

v4.0

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ego-Engine

Dirt 5 based on a completly new developed Engine by Codemasters Cheshire

Edited by ritti1987
  • Thanks 1