Jump to content Jump to content

Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya turn 8 layout

Posted (edited)

Hello everyone can anyone confirm or deny that the new turn 10 section at the Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya will be included in the new f1 2021 game. As it's quite a significant update to that part of the track. I personally hope so because I hated that section. Cheers

Edited by Jrprestage1
Turn 10 was meant to be typed

which new layout do you mean? Turn 8 have always a new curb layout (longer curb) i think u mean the new layout of Turn 10 (after second DRS Zone)

https://www.fia.com/sites/default/files/decision-document/2021 Spanish Grand Prix - Circuit Map.pdf

i guess that the new layout was known long enough (september / october?) so i think that this was also taken into account. But exactly @BarryBL can tell you something about it

• Thanks 1
35 minutes ago, Jrprestage1 said:

Hello everyone can anyone confirm or deny that the new turn 8 section at the Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya will be included in the new f1 2021 game. As it's quite a significant update to that part of the track. I personally hope so because I hated that section. Cheers

I believe he will respond to Barry in a similar(or identical) way as below about turn 10 in Spain. 

On 4/15/2021 at 6:49 PM, RaserPaul said:

@BarryBL is there something you can say about the other tracks? Will Barcelona T10 be updated? Whats about the new layout in Australia and France? Will Singapore be updated if there is going to be the change of layout? 

On 4/15/2021 at 6:50 PM, BarryBL said:

Not at this point in time @RaserPaul I'm afraid.

We have to be patient and wait for the official information about F1 2021

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 2

Just my personal hunch that has no basis on anything:

They didn't release a F1 2021 hot lap video around Spain because they are still working on the updated layout.

• Agree 1

Yeah, the current version of the track is missing a bunch of sausage curbs, and also the sausage curb that is currently there in Turn 8 is now longer and covers the entire length of the curb, plus it's yellow not red/white. I'm sure the new T10 layout will make it into the game on launch date as it's just a minor modification of one corner.

• Agree 2
7 hours ago, Jrprestage1 said:

Hello everyone can anyone confirm or deny that the new turn 8 section at the Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya will be included in the new f1 2021 game. As it's quite a significant update to that part of the track. I personally hope so because I hated that section. Cheers

they'll most likely do what they did in f1 2019, with the france pitlane, with it being fixed post-launch. (hopefully it will be available at launch tho) 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

I do wonder if they could tweak Australia in a later patch down the line too. There was a post on Twitter earlier on that showed some of the changes currently being made to the track. Personally expecting the tracks to stay how they were pre-changes but always happy to be surprised.

CC852674-A385-430D-9BC4-0CF38312E837.jpeg

• Agree 3
Posted (edited)

I really hope they will have all changes for f1 2021, but it seems like whenever something changes in F1 after the start of the season we never really get the chance to see it on the official game. Last year although they got a lot of hate for not releasing the new tracks in the game, the truth is they couldn't. They didn't have the time and also they were working from home which made thing a lot harder. I like they made a step to improve some tracks like Spain and I thing they are slowly getting there. If they make Spain change I would say they will on a post launch update, but for Australia I would be surprised if they did, because the changes were confirmed a lot earlier. Long story short, I thing the main focus is to make all tracks as close to the real tracks by innovating and using new methods like laser scanning etc. But at the same time I would like to see all new changes for the game, to make it much more like the real thing.

Edited by EnaFreddo