Jump to content Jump to content

RWD Legends Club - For Old School Rally Fans

Posted (edited)

dejlghw-a9398839-39fa-47ee-917d-7aa7a0e8

https://dirtrally2.dirtgame.com/clubs/club/386141

Welcome to RWD Legends, a club open to everybody, dedicated to RWD cars of the past.

Championships will rotate between H2 RWD, H3 RWD and Group B RWD.

H2 RWD Championship is currently active and ends on July 2nd!

- 6 events

- 4 short and 2 long stages

- The duration for each event is 1 week

- Service area at SS1 and SS4

- Hardcore damage active

- Assists disabled

Open for suggestions and changes to the format. Feel free to contribute.

dejydar-9feee97f-1725-4796-a82c-7727b89f

Edited by Strittan
  • Agree 1
  • Strittan changed the title to RWD Legends - Group B RWD Championship Tonight @ 8PM CET
  • Strittan changed the title to RWD Legends - Championship Starts Each Friday 6:00 AM CET
  • Strittan changed the title to RWD Legends - Championship Every Weekend
  • Strittan changed the title to RWD Legends - Championship Starts Tonight 5:00 PM (17:00) CET - Ends July 2nd
14 hours ago, UnderclassGDfan said:

I thought of joining in, but the time window for each rally is way too short for me.
Can't handle a rally every day at the moment.

My advice is each rally event should be at least a week long, to give people time to play.

Done. OP updated. Thanks for the input btw!

• Thanks 1
  • Strittan changed the title to RWD Legends Club - For Old School Rally Fans

Argentina was fun.

I had some trouble to adapt to the old cars like not using handbrake and so on. Nevertheless I don't get it that @UnderclassGDfan is so much faster with the Fiat. I tried this car some time ago and even if Walter Röhrl said this was a nice car in his career I feel not really connected to the Fiat.

The H2/H3 cars are all very nice modelled and sitting in this cockpits brings good emotions.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, PolarClaw said:

Argentina was fun.

I had some trouble to adapt to the old cars like not using handbrake and so on. Nevertheless I don't get it that @UnderclassGDfan is so much faster with the Fiat. I tried this car some time ago and even if Walter Röhrl said this was a nice car in his career I feel not really connected to the Fiat.

The H2/H3 cars are all very nice modelled and sitting in this cockpits brings good emotions.

The old rear wheel drive cars all used the handbrake! It's just the 4WD group B cars that couldn't use a handbrake I think, something to do with not having a centre diff or something like that...

• Agree 1
23 hours ago, merseyxshore said:

The old rear wheel drive cars all used the handbrake! It's just the 4WD group B cars that couldn't use a handbrake I think, something to do with not having a centre diff or something like that...

AFAIK they had for sure handbrakes but the normal drum brake as holding brake. This brakes had not the power and durability to use it to help turning in a Rally. So the old cars were turned with the Scandinavian Flick. I think Walter Röhrl in an interview mentioned that the introducing of the handbrake to turn the cars changed a lot how to drive the cars.

Just under 2 days left of the first event. Would be fantastic if more people would like to join! See it this way; you’ll most likely not come last, as I’ve probably guaranteed that spot for myself. 😇

• Haha 1

It definitely looks interesting. Not sure if I can fully commit though. Joined and took the Alpine for a spin. I'll be battling in the lower regions 🤣

On 5/24/2021 at 5:37 PM, Strittan said:

Damn. I knew I was slow, but not this slow, lol. Argentina was never my favorite rally though, but still! 😅

On 5/25/2021 at 1:51 PM, PolarClaw said:

Argentina was fun.

Heyho!

I would simply say it's experience.
The 131 is definitely the slowest of the 4, but the easiest to drive.
But still the slowest.

I'm not doing anything special I would say. Not heavily cutting corners (leaving the track with all 4 tyres is a no-go for me personally, not judging anyone!), don't have any special settings, but using a controller on my xbox one s (no money and space for a good wheel/pedals-setup).
And no, using a controller is not an advantage or disadvantage in this game, there are good and bad things using one like with a wheel.

I use Rally Technicals tuning setups all the time.
You can find them here: https://www.youtube.com/c/RALLYTechnical/videos

I never use assists, if there are allowed or not, they just slow you down at some point of skill level.
Also always in driver view. Gives me the best feeling for the car.

So, just if you are curious.
I played this game a lot.
Stats say I'm around 7000 stages driven, maybe more, didn't checked recently.
So I'm not super fast (there are many faster guys than me) and I still do a lot of mistakes (like in the last event in New Zealand several times).
But I'm very experienced by now.

But I just can't stop playing it. It's just super fun every time.

On 5/26/2021 at 5:01 PM, Strittan said:

Just under 2 days left of the first event. Would be fantastic if more people would like to join! See it this way; you’ll most likely not come last, as I’ve probably guaranteed that spot for myself. 😇

I hope you don't expect 100s or even 1000s of players joining your club, the game is too old now and DLCs and updates also stopped a long time ago.
So not many new players come in the game and the current ones tend to stay in the already existing clubs.

Maybe you could get around 20-30 drivers at the same time, but only "advertising" in this almost dead forum wouldn't be enough for that.
Maybe try steam forum, or the official Facebook-Page or something. Not really familiar were the social wave is heading towards currently.

I will stay in the club as long as at least 1 other person is actively running the stages.
And as long as there are no ridiculous time windows (1 week minimum).
I'm racing in 10 active clubs at the moment, so I need at least some time for dealing all of them.

• Social Media & Community Team
12 hours ago, UnderclassGDfan said:

Maybe you could get around 20-30 drivers at the same time, but only "advertising" in this almost dead forum wouldn't be enough for that.
Maybe try steam forum, or the official Facebook-Page or something. Not really familiar were the social wave is heading towards currently.

Best way to go about it is to share it in the places where you're already active and people know you. If you hop onto a new place for the first time and drop off a link, you won't get any engagement and may in fact come across as a spammer.

Really depends on where you're active really; if you're in a Discord with some friends, a regular on the Steam forums or Reddit, then give it ago.

Agreed on this quote though, don't expect mega numbers; there's less than 100 clubs in all of DR2 above 1,000 members. Official is biggest with 24,000, Solberg is second with 15,000.