Jump to content Jump to content

I just want to give a shout out to @BarryBL,  I've been playing F1 2020 on Stadia, PS4/5 and PC  and the bug reports I've submitted for Stadia have been thoroughly investigated.  I'm sure they will select those that have engaged in the past and meet the criteria for the types of testing they currently need in their development cycle.

Go @BarryBL!  Do you even play F1 2020? 🙂

• Like 2
  • Administrator
Just now, Scanline said:

I just want to give a shout out to @BarryBL,  I've been playing F1 2020 on Stadia, PS4/5 and PC  and the bug reports I've submitted for Stadia have been thoroughly investigated.  I'm sure they will select those that have engaged in the past and meet the criteria for the types of testing they currently need in their development cycle.

Go @BarryBL!  Do you even play F1 2020? 🙂

Hi @Scanline.

Thanks for the nice feedback. Yes, I do. I race in our forum league and clearly in the midfield. I also test 2021 as well. Feel free to add me on Steam at BarryBL

• Like 3
Posted (edited)

Barry himself will write to us when he has finished reviewing the applications and will inform us that the candidates have been selected and the codes will be sent to the successful candidates

Edited by Pawel567
  • Like 3
  • Agree 2
26 minutes ago, Gabxhz44 said:

I think I will be not accepted by Codemasters, because I'm here about 1 week and I didn't know about the "Codemasters Forum". Honestly I'm joined to this forum to ask sometimes if anyone wants to play with me at F1 2020 because my friends have only PS4! Hoping only one thing, they will add the thing called "cross-platform". Btw, who has steam profile and wants to do some games together? 🙂

I see. Anything could happen really, you may be accepted, no one knows!

Just now, Sector4 said:

First time I applied. I wonder how much our in-game stats influence the selection?

I am pretty sure that game stats do not come into effect in the selection process. Correct me if I am wrong.

• Like 1
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Sector4 said:

First time I applied. I wonder how much our in-game stats influence the selection?

Don't think that's a factor  you could be fairly slow but then brilliant at making detailed reports on bugs

Edited by Nightfire1964
  • Like 2

Am I too late for the Beta? I just applied now! 😅 I would love to take part and share my feedback on the game, especially on the Multiplayer side as I’ve experienced a lot of issues with F1 2020.

1 minute ago, MThommmo said:

Am I too late for the Beta? I just applied now! 😅 I would love to take part and share my feedback on the game, especially on the Multiplayer side as I’ve experienced a lot of issues with F1 2020.

If you did it on 10 May before 12 bst, you still have a chance, but if you did it after 12 bst, then unfortunately you are too late

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, MThommmo said:

I don't think anyone who has updated or created their application after the deadline will be taken into consideration during the selection process. Unsure though.

Btw if I found some bugs in F1 2020, who I need to contact to tell about the problem? I found the subtitles bugged: it was write in the subtitles "4." nothing else when Jeff was talking. Anyone has this bug? 

Posted (edited)

Its not as exciting as you think,  

And you only get obviously a small part of the whole game in beta testing, 

This year its seems codemasters have taken a more diplomatic approach to who they pick  ,

Unlike last year,  lessons learnt, 

Saying that currently f1 2013 especially ps3 version currently selling for £22 2nd hand, xbox 360 version £8 

And they both look identical lol,

Good job I have all the f1 games from master system  to megadrive to playstations 1 ,2, 3 , 4, and even xbox 360,  , they were my 1st games i bought on each system, 

Ohh pc , f1 manager 2000 and various other f1 pc versions,

So if you don't get picked don't worry,  just enjoy what you have got. And the full game will be out soon .

Edited by senna94f1
Predicted spelling, doesn't smell correctly.
  • Agree 2
On 5/15/2021 at 12:32 PM, senna94f1 said:

Its not as exciting as you think,  

And you only get obviously a small part of the whole game in beta testing, 

This year its seems codemasters have taken a more diplomatic approach to who they pick  ,

Unlike last year,  lessons learnt, 

Saying that currently f1 2013 especially ps3 version currently selling for £22 2nd hand, xbox 360 version £8 

And they both look identical lol,

Good job I have all the f1 games from master system  to megadrive to playstations 1 ,2, 3 , 4, and even xbox 360,  , they were my 1st games i bought on each system, 

Ohh pc , f1 manager 2000 and various other f1 pc versions,

So if you don't get picked don't worry,  just enjoy what you have got. And the full game will be out soon .

Haha this is exactly what I have been waiting to see. I have seen so many people being excited for the beta not knowing that they will be driving in non-finalized multiplayer car models in a very small and controlled selection of tracks and in the end, you are trying to find ways to break the game and report it to the forum basically. I feel more people need to see posts like this to truly understand what to expect from the beta. Even if I do not get picked I can go to sleep well knowing that I will have a F1 2021 without as many bugs to wake up to on July 13 (deluxe edition lol). I have most of the Codemasters F1 games bar 2009 and 2010. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 6

Yeah that’s the interesting thing, it’s not the finished version of the game it’s still in development, so you really get a sense of the process when your literally trying to break the game to find bugs, but as @BarryBLwill probs say, it’s all about replication of the bugs and repetition 😊

Posted (edited)

The BETA is not there to have the greatest fun with the new F1 game. You help Codemasters to find bugs and thus make the game better, so that everyone on Realese Day will have a lot of fun with the game and get a very bug-free game. And if you are a beta tester you can help make the game better, you can report bugs that you have found so that they are not in the full version.

Edited by BiberMike
  • Like 2