Jump to content Jump to content

Just wait and see 🙂 We could speculate the whole day.

At the end nobody should be disappointed, but look forward to the next awesome game 😇

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, xeDy said:

Yes, I am quite aware of that there is nothing left but wait; I just feel I could have done more around the forum. It's just that the league activities are basically taking up all my time and I'm focused on making it a good place for those we have there. Helping with the Beta would definitely be aa step in that direction. 

Just wait and see 🙂 We could speculate the whole day.

At the end nobody should be disappointed, but look forward to the next awesome game 😇

On 5/16/2021 at 12:39 PM, Kyllankilli said:

Are beta codes still being issued?

No idea, 

If you're successful then you will be sent a code via your email address, 

If not successful,  then you won't receive anything, 

Any information you may see is on the codemasters forum saying all codes have been sent and thank you for applying, 

If you do receive a code please don't brag or wind other people up,

in fact its  private and you will be invited and added to the beta 2021 closed forum on here, 

10,000 people applying  for roughly 300 places on each system  , I think in total around 900 successful people,  

I could be way out on the figures but it has generally been around that number, 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Khalaay said:

I have a quick question. One of the criteria being used to decide who gets to participate is being active in the forum? Cause if that’s the case, I’m bummed. 😞

I’m an active and engaged player and involved heavily in multiplayer gaming( in a pretty big league) and all I want to do is be able to bring my knowledge to the table and try to avoid all those annoying bugs 2020 has had. 

No , I think they will pick people regardless of whether you're on the forum alot or alittle, 

If you're lucky then you will receive code confirmation,  

If not you will read on the forum that all applications and codes have been sent,   

You won't get an email telling you that you're not receiving code , 

Its all straight forward  .

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
4 hours ago, senna94f1 said:

No , I think they will pick people regardless of whether you're on the forum alot or alittle, 

If you're lucky then you will receive code confirmation,  

If not you will read on the forum that all applications and codes have been sent,   

You won't get an email telling you that you're not receiving code , 

Its all straight forward  .

Well barry did say the first thing he looks for in applications is peoples activity in the forums. But I guess we will have to wait and see when the time comes  

• Agree 2
2 minutes ago, Lakrits said:

The point here is that they want people that know how to make bug reports and follow them up. It doesn't really matter if you play the game 24/7 if you never report what you find and assist in finding the cause to problems you encounter.

People wanting the get the beta just so they can play the game before everyone else is of no use to the developers. They need people that are willing to actually work to make the game as good as possible.

Exactly. It pains me to see people wanting to "have fun" and "see the game early" because in the end, it is no way like that from what I have heard from previous testers. And if you want to play before anyone else just buy the deluxe package lol. I have never done a beta, yet I have been told by previous beta testers that it is not what you expect when I first saw the beta post. That is why I like the selection system (what has been revealed of it) because it is to filter the people who signed up and have not contributed at all to bug reports or the forums in general. Sorry if I was waffling on a bit. :classic_biggrin: sorry if none of this makes sense lol.

Posted (edited)

Most people just don't understand: A BETA is NOT a FULL VERSION! Codemasters doesn't want to give it to you to have fun (yes, well F1 fans always have fun with an F1 game) but so that you TEST it and REPORT about your experiences. It's a BETA, and it's only there for testing, for nothing else. And the feedback is very important otherwise you can't make the game better. You only became a beta tester to help Codemasters, not just to play the game and say nothing. You have to communicate with the developers, otherwise there is no point being a beta tester. You have to be willing to help in order to make the game better, and to make it a good bug-free game for the full version. The BETA and the full version have nothing to do with each other, two completely different games in that sense. So help Codemasters make the game better

Edited by Kyllankilli
  • Agree 6

Thats true Kyllankilli,

Some people are thinking that they can play the game and say to everyone that they play the new game but they doesn't help codemasters with the game to report bug's

20210518_130536.jpg

• Agree 1
15 minutes ago, mb1346 said:

Thats true Kyllankilli,

Some people are thinking that they can play the game and say to everyone that they play the new game but they doesn't help codemasters with the game to report bug's

20210518_130536.jpg

Yup, if you read the terms and conditions of the Beta test you will read that you need to talk ONLY with Codemasters! No one needs to know that you have played F1 2021 and seriously you don't stream in every platform or upload videos. It's a serious thing, then, you need to respect this simple things. Pay attention!!! 

• Agree 3
1 minute ago, DylanWest2004 said:

One thing I want to know is, would it be best to appear offline when i am on the beta?

No you don't need too. The only thing that will happen is it will show playing f1 2021 beta to your friends which does not break the nda.

The only thing you need to make sure is that you turn off or turn to invite only for steam broadcasting as that does break the nda if your using pc. 

• Agree 2
Posted (edited)

I want to say this, if you do receive the code, it's best to keep your excitement to yourself. It's poor taste to show off.

You don't want to make others feel envious of your accomplishments by boasting about it on the forums.

[And definitely do NOT share codes with anyone else]

Edited by Involved In It
  • Agree 3
12 minutes ago, Involved In It said:

I want to say this, if you do receive the code, it's best to keep your excitement to yourself. It's poor taste to show off.

You don't want to make others feel envious of your accomplishments by boasting about it on the forums.

[And definitely do NOT share codes with anyone else]

Well from what I know at least for xbox you don't get codes instead you are signed up on a app on the xbox so there's literally no way of sharing the game. 

• Agree 1

You get a steam code for pc via email not sure about ps. Somebody will need to enlighten us.

The important message here is don't share your codes or brag if you get in.

• Agree 1
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Khalaay said:

I have a quick question. One of the criteria being used to decide who gets to participate is being active in the forum? Cause if that’s the case, I’m bummed. 😞

I’m an active and engaged player and involved heavily in multiplayer gaming( in a pretty big league) and all I want to do is be able to bring my knowledge to the table and try to avoid all those annoying bugs 2020 has had. 

Honestly i think the more you're involved in this community the more you deserve it. But ultimately if you're really lucky you might be in. Fairplay though 

Edited by theHDcode
32 minutes ago, theHDcode said:

Honestly i think the more you're involved in this community the more you deserve it. But ultimately if you're really lucky you might be in. Fairplay though 

Btw I know that I will not in the Beta. Coze I'm new. I subbed like the 10 may! But happy to be here

7 hours ago, Lakrits said:

The point here is that they want people that know how to make bug reports and follow them up. It doesn't really matter if you play the game 24/7 if you never report what you find and assist in finding the cause to problems you encounter.

People wanting the get the beta just so they can play the game before everyone else is of no use to the developers. They need people that are willing to actually work to make the game as good as possible.

I agree with your thinking. Personally, I joined BETA to help with development and to help research various issues. This is the principle at the end of the BETA, it will be used by developers to understand what to correct thanks to the feedback of the user who has been selected.

7 hours ago, Kyllankilli said:

Most people just don't understand: A BETA is NOT a FULL VERSION! Codemasters doesn't want to give it to you to have fun (yes, well F1 fans always have fun with an F1 game) but so that you TEST it and REPORT about your experiences. It's a BETA, and it's only there for testing, for nothing else. And the feedback is very important otherwise you can't make the game better. You only became a beta tester to help Codemasters, not just to play the game and say nothing. You have to communicate with the developers, otherwise there is no point being a beta tester. You have to be willing to help in order to make the game better, and to make it a good bug-free game for the full version. The BETA and the full version have nothing to do with each other, two completely different games in that sense. So help Codemasters make the game better

I agree, a lot of people think only having fun with the new game but when they realize that they have to run on 5 repetitive tracks they give up and do not help in the development of the game; even the other years at the beginning it was always full of people! in the end they were always the same ones reporting bugs.

• Agree 1
7 hours ago, Kyllankilli said:

Exactly. And that’s the reason why some of the players, didn’t used the betas since 2016, as soon as they figured out that they are not the real cars and content in it.

Especially in the first two or three betas there were so many who leaked the content. So, I’m more than happy that more and more people who are helping the devs get access to beta first before new players who only want to play the game before everybody else.

Although this has already been repeated in this thread (and myself being a bit lost on this thread since there are more than a 100 replies), the beta test codes were not distributed just yet. Just as a reminder that the administrators (surely Barry) will announce in the forums when they had already distributed the codes. You should make sure to check the forums and your email if you have been successful. You will get an email for the private beta forum invitation and find the game beta code. If you don't get an email and it was announced, then it means you were unsuccessful.

You might want to be patient on this process because there have been more than 10.000 participants on this beta, and I think only less than half will be successful. This may take some weeks, possibly around this week or two more weeks.

Now, the point of being a beta tester is to help into the development of the game. I'm sure everyone wants to play the game already, either the beta or the full game, but your job as a beta tester is to give feedback, research on issues, help them fix bugs or glitches by experimenting in game and, at some point, you will need to follow some instructions from the developers. I am only saying this because some people are desperate to play the game earlier, while what you are receiving in reality is only FOM cars/multiplayer cars with a few tracks and ONLY generic modes (like Grand Prix or Time Trial, although I'm unsure if they are available in the game's beta). You will only have a few tracks to drive on -- you will not receive any new unfinished track, and you will only have around 4 or 7 tracks that were already in the previous F1 game. I'm saying all of this to make everyone (except the people already being aware of this) that you need to help in the game's development in any way posible.

I had never been a beta tester for Codemasters, but I was for a few small developers -- the goal of it, as I said earlier, is to help on researching, giving feedback, discover bugs/glitches so they can fix it for the final product or on a game patch, follow the developers' instructions, be constantly active (not 24/7, or a lot of time -- just enough time to help on these things). Being a beta tester also takes you the responsibility of keeping all of this information (such as screenshots or videos, something about the game you might know but nobody else does, etc) private -- if broken you will be excluded from the beta. You also need the responsibility of, just, being a beta tester itself. As I said, you need to be active during the game's beta development -- being inactive or not helping on this could also exclude you from the beta as well -- some people that aren't aware of this just gives up because they don't know what to do or how to help.

This should be a summary of being a beta tester -- you probably already know about this, but surely there are people that just want to play the game earlier while, not only they will be upset because it will not include anything new, but also of how hard it is to be a beta tester.

I also apologize of my English grammar. Hopefully the successful applicants will help into the game's development and make it even better -- good luck!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 4

Beta testing is like F1 pre season testing. You go out, you test, again and again. If something's wrong with the car (bug found) you ask engineer to have a look (possible to replicate), then at the end of test day you debrief with the team (bug reporting). Next day is all over again. 😉

• Agree 3
20 hours ago, pro3 said:

No you don't need too. The only thing that will happen is it will show playing f1 2021 beta to your friends which does not break the nda.

The only thing you need to make sure is that you turn off or turn to invite only for steam broadcasting as that does break the nda if your using pc. 

Actually it does not. On Steam at least. It shows that you are playing beta only to those who also have it. To others who don't it will just show you as "online" in blue colour

42 minutes ago, TheAM said:

Actually it does not. On Steam at least. It shows that you are playing beta only to those who also have it. To others who don't it will just show you as "online" in blue colour

For consoles it does show that we are playing the beta. 

• Agree 1