Jump to content Jump to content

[PS5] [Online] game crash after Qualifying

Posted (edited)
  • A detailed description of the issue. Please include any error codes here. 
    The game crashes. This happens occasionally on any circuit. After the one shot Qualifying on the black loading screen where you're waiting for players, before you see the grid.
    I have no ingame error codes since the whole game crashes into the PS5 game crash screen.
    The PS5 error code is: CE-108255-1
    Each time this error occurs I report it to Playstation with the videoclip.
  • Platform
    Playstation 5
  • What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen)
  • Game-mode?
    5 lap Ranked lobbies
  • We need to be able to make your problem happen internally so we can fix the issue. Can you make the problem happen again?
    It doesn't happen every race, but for me it's everytime I tend to start the game up and drive five to ten races.
    Sometimes it happens back to back.
  • How do you make the problem happen?
    After the one shot Qualifying on the black loading screen where you're waiting for players, before you see the grid.
  • What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue
    It's a Disk edition PS5, but I have the digital version of the game.
    I deleted F1 2020 and all local gamefiles. Then reinstalled the game, but after a few races the problem reoccurred.
    I also factory reset my PS5 and then reinstalled the game, but again, after a few races the problem reoccurred.
  • What peripherals are you are using (gamepad, wheel make & model etc)
    Fanatec CSL Elite F1 Wheel with loadcell. I use the PS5 controller to navigate the menu's.
  • Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears.
    I could try to make a screenshot, photograph or video when the problem occurs, but its literally just the black loading screen with on the top left corner the turning loading icon and on the right side the listed players that we're waiting for before the starting grid loads.

This might not have the highest priority since the F1 2021 game is being developed, but it might be good to investigate so that it won't happen in the new game.

Edited by MARTIJN27aug
Added a attempt to fix the issue (PS5 factory reset)
  • Like 1
  • 2 months later...