Jump to content Jump to content

What would happen if Mazepin got kicked out?

I don't think Haas Mazepin will fire because his father Dmitri is one of the financiers, and at some point Gene Haas will turn the tap and no longer give money and so Haas would have to leave Formula 1. So I don't think Mazepin will be fired because that would be financially suboptimal.

• Like 1
  • Agree 4
16 minutes ago, BiberMike said:

I don't think Haas Mazepin will fire because his father Dmitri is one of the financiers, and at some point Gene Haas will turn the tap and no longer give money and so Haas would have to leave Formula 1. So I don't think Mazepin will be fired because that would be financially suboptimal.

Why are you so sure

2 minutes ago, Kyllankilli said:

Why are you so sure

Because if Gene Haas doesn't see any success, then he doesn't feel like wasting money anymore. And mazepin's father gives coal, not everything, of course. Haas can't afford to fire Mazepin. That would be stupid.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Gene was already fed up with last year's performance and said that he will not invest any additional money, they must find a money bag. Hence Mazepin jumped on the proposal and they couldn't care less how his son performs in the races as long as there is financial stream.

It doesn't look like it will happen anytime, no matter the spins or crashes he does. As Biber and Ragequit said, Nikita's father is giving an important amount of money to the Haas team to save the team and let his son race in F1. Gene Haas would have already fired him if they both wouldn't be bringing a lot of money and then probably shutdown the team at the end of the season. However, rumours say (and it's looking like) that Haas is will be purchased or leaving F1 at the end of the year as how it is. Even if they want to fire him, they will get out of money and happen what I said.

I indeed think Nikita is doing a terrible job in F1. I don't want him out because of what he has done outside the track (like what happened with the sexual abuse -- don't get me wrong, I'm against that) but what really matters is what he does in the car.

Sadly we will need to get used to his spins and crashes during the year because he's not looking like he is improving. At Imola he was a minute down from Mick before the safety car period (which was around lap 30-40, I can't really remember right now), so you can tell how bad he is doing.

• Agree 1

I think the topic is not whether it would happen, but what would happen if it happen? would he still be in the game then?

and the answer to that is: if he would find a f2 cockpit, then yes, if he would neither drive f1 nor f2, then no.

The game will launch with the official lineup that was announced at the beginning of the season. Now if Mazepin gets fired (unlikely), then maybe a patch will be released to make the driver change, but most likely not. Does anybody remember how they handled, if they every did, the driver change in the game in the recent Red Bull years (Gasly, Albon, Kvyat)?

8 minutes ago, ragequit1 said:

The game will launch with the official lineup that was announced at the beginning of the season. Now if Mazepin gets fired (unlikely), then maybe a patch will be released to make the driver change, but most likely not. Does anybody remember how they handled, if they every did, the driver change in the game in the recent Red Bull years (Gasly, Albon, Kvyat)?

As i remember, they changed Albon and Gasly's seats in a patch in 2019.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, FTBuzzard said:

I think the topic is not whether it would happen, but what would happen if it happen? would he still be in the game then?

and the answer to that is: if he would find a f2 cockpit, then yes, if he would neither drive f1 nor f2, then no.

Oh yeah sorry, I can't read-

For real though, as Mahmutcan said, they would do a post-patch in the game replacing Nikita with whatever driver. They wouldn't have time to apply it before the game's launch if it happened in June, but it doesn't look like Nikita would get replaced anyway. Not only to Nikita, this could happen to any other driver as well depending how it performs.

If he is fired then in the game it will happen that patch and will only be in the F2 2020 season. I suppose you would be able to sign him after the patch at My Team, I'm not sure but that should be the case.

Now I'm sure Nikita would have a bad rating in the game depending on how he does in the next races. It might be changed just like the other drivers during the season passes.

Again I'm sorry for not reading the question correctly.

3 minutes ago, Eclipsium said:

Oh yeah sorry, I can't read-

For real though, as Mahmutcan said, they would do a post-patch in the game replacing Nikita with whatever driver. They wouldn't have time to apply it before the game's launch if it happened in June, but it doesn't look like Nikita would get replaced anyway. Not only to Nikita, this could happen to any other driver as well depending how it performs.

If he is fired then in the game it will happen that patch and will only be in the F2 2020 season. I suppose you would be able to sign him after the patch at My Team, I'm not sure but that should be the case.

Now I'm sure Nikita would have a bad rating in the game depending on how he does in the next races. It might be changed just like the other drivers during the season passes.

Again I'm sorry for not reading the question correctly.

Agree with you and your comment. Nikita obviously will be replaced by anyone! He isn't ready for the adventure in the F1! Honestly I prefer Fittipaldi than Mazepin, Fittipaldi raced in Short Bahrain 2020 and he didn't do big mistakes, probably 0 mistakes for his 1st race in F1. Mazepin camed in F1? Everyone is hating him! Why? He needs to be more patient and he needs to "grow up" his mind, because he will never, ever, be a champion in F1 with this mentality! It's simply sad at the same time, but we saw him in F2 what did he do, k'mon, we were seeing him, he couldn't race without be aggressive and toxic. He needs to go back in F2 to learn more, to be patient, to be calm, stay with his head down and drive good with, possibly, 0 mistakes. That's my opinion, the leader of the Haas should do that for me. Try to replace him with Fittipaldi.

9 minutes ago, Gabxhz44 said:

Agree with you and your comment. Nikita obviously will be replaced by anyone! He isn't ready for the adventure in the F1! Honestly I prefer Fittipaldi than Mazepin, Fittipaldi raced in Short Bahrain 2020 and he didn't do big mistakes, probably 0 mistakes for his 1st race in F1. Mazepin camed in F1? Everyone is hating him! Why? He needs to be more patient and he needs to "grow up" his mind, because he will never, ever, be a champion in F1 with this mentality! It's simply sad at the same time, but we saw him in F2 what did he do, k'mon, we were seeing him, he couldn't race without be aggressive and toxic. He needs to go back in F2 to learn more, to be patient, to be calm, stay with his head down and drive good with, possibly, 0 mistakes. That's my opinion, the leader of the Haas should do that for me. Try to replace him with Fittipaldi.

i don't think it's fair to judge a driver when you've never been in an f1 car ny yourself.

and why should the leader of haas do that for you? does he even know you?

• Agree 1
10 minutes ago, FTBuzzard said:

i don't think it's fair to judge a driver when you've never been in an f1 car ny yourself.

and why should the leader of haas do that for you? does he even know you?

Yo mate calm down, that's an opinion dude. It's Mazepin that he needs to change his mentality, make less mistakes. And no, he doesn't know me and I don't want to know him 🙂

Btw Mazepin can be better than now, he needs only his time. Slowly he will be better. I was talking about Fittipaldi because he didn't make mistakes for his 1st time in F1, then Mazepin he did. 

23 minutes ago, Gabxhz44 said:

Mazepin is not there to be the next Senna or Michael Schumacher. Haas put him in the seat in exchange for funding from his father. They never tried to hide this fact.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
1 minute ago, ragequit1 said:

Mazepin is not there to be the next Senna or Michael Schumacher. Haas put him in the seat in exchange for funding from his father. They never tried to hide this fact.

Wait, his dad payed the Haas? Are you serious? WHAT 😂 I didn't even know that hahaha

49 minutes ago, Gabxhz44 said:

Yo mate calm down, that's an opinion dude. It's Mazepin that he needs to change his mentality, make less mistakes. And no, he doesn't know me and I don't want to know him 🙂

Btw Mazepin can be better than now, he needs only his time. Slowly he will be better. I was talking about Fittipaldi because he didn't make mistakes for his 1st time in F1, then Mazepin he did. 

I'm calmed as a cat ;D
just sayin' Mazepin is a grown man, he will know by himself what he is doing.

And yes, Fittipaldi didn't make any mistakes, but that doesn't make him any better. you can't say that after 2 races.

If it was up to me, Haas would have kept Magnussen, because he was faster than Grosjean and had good results.

You don't need talent if you have money 😄

• Agree 2
12 minutes ago, FTBuzzard said:

I'm calmed as a cat ;D
just sayin' Mazepin is a grown man, he will know by himself what he is doing.

And yes, Fittipaldi didn't make any mistakes, but that doesn't make him any better. you can't say that after 2 races.

If it was up to me, Haas would have kept Magnussen, because he was faster than Grosjean and had good results.

You don't need talent if you have money 😄

What language did you use to tell me that? The language of the truth? 😂Btw, yeah, I absolutely agree with you, money? No problem 🤑, but money, doesn't mean talent. 

Money doesn't mean talent, but there are occasions when money and talent are delivered. Senna is a great example. Their parents still own one of biggest car dealerships in Brazil. They are loaded.

Mazepin started the 2021 season as 1 of 2 regular drivers with Haas, thus he should be in the game whatever happens later during the year. And no I dont think they will replace him, they clearly said they want to develop 2 young drivers for 2022 when the new regulations hit. Might well be that Schumacher advances to a better team already though, and might well be Mazepin doesnt want to drive the worst car on the grid for more than a year - so it might well be that plan of Günther Steiner will not work out at all^^

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Gabxhz44 said:

Wait, his dad payed the Haas? Are you serious? WHAT 😂 I didn't even know that hahaha

Yeh Uralkali, which now is their main title sponsor is owned by Mazapins father. That is the only reason he is in the cockpit and like others have said, they have not hidden that fact. I don’t think there is any risk for Mazapin right now, as if they got rid then I’m sure Daddy Dearest would pull the plug on the sponsorship deal then it’s bye bye Haas.

He currently isn’t warranting his drive though, he has never got of the bottom of the timing sheet and was over a minute behind Schumacher in Barcelona.  Not saying he won’t be, he is an F2 race winner after all, so he COULD have potential, but he’s not at the level yet. 

And the fact that Gene Haas is looking to sell the team not just to anyone, but to Daddy Dearest Mazapin, I think we will see Nikita for a long time to come, unless he gets his super licence revoked. 

Edited by johnboy83

The reality is that he won’t. He’s there because of the finance he can bring in from his dad who is a multi millionaire. And also HAAS want a rookie driver who they can give time and train and improve so they can become a more successful driver for the future. If they were to kick him out (which is very unlikely) that would be a bad move from HAAS as they really need to give Nikita a good car and good skill, before taking the next steps, and to see what Nikita really has.