Jump to content Jump to content

Do you like My Team?

Oh yes, I like the My Team mode. Even really, really happy.

You can create your own team, which I've wanted for a long time. You can run it yourself, upgrade significantly, choose your second driver, closely monitor the development of your car and much more.

You can see your team starting from scratch and eventually becoming one of the best cars in the field. It's super exciting and just nic

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Personally it's great. Although I have already been used to the default career-mode, Codemasters has done an incredible job on My Team, especially for its first time.

If I was you I would give it a shot. It just feels so satisfying when making a team trust me; picking up an engine supplier, your team-mate, your livery, your team name, the sponsors.. yeah!

You might want to get used on finishing on the bottom of the grid at the first few races, because you just joined as a team and you will be a low-tier team, obviously. There are also events that could happen in your team, and will happen more often in F1 2021.

I do like it simply because of its features. As I mentioned, all these features just feel great. Give it a try if you didn't!

• Agree 2

It's nice, but far from mature. The good thing is that there is a lot of potential in this mode.
Codemasters just has to use it and implement it well, then it can be really great.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
1 hour ago, Kyllankilli said:

Hi everyone,

do you like the my team mode? And why?

I think My Team is a very promising mode, I really like the idea of being able to create your own team from scratch! I hope that with F1 2021 they will add new functions ... for example I would like to see the team starting from F2, and maybe even with a lot more management of the company! Who knows what F1 2021 has in store for us again

• Agree 2

Myteam mode was the (only) reason i bought F1 2020 for, and I did not regret it, eventhough you could improve it in several ways: They AI needs a tweak in certain driving situations, and I would prefer random races over the scripted events. It could use a larger driver pool. Overall the AI / the scripting is too "consistent", results and events during races need a bit more variation. And Bottas needs his stats swapped with Hamilton again, super Bottas winning everything ruins most of my immersion. Ferrari is way too strong, still. If I had a say I would want an editor to tailor my games in myteam more, and if it only was for driver stats, engine and car performance. It would be cool though to arrange the circuits as well, given what happened 2020 in the  F1 world.

I am eager to see if this gets any more love by the devs in F1 2021, or if they leave it "as is". Would be a shame though, there sure is a lot improvement possible on this (promising) part of the game.

• Agree 1