Jump to content Jump to content

And it's happened again! Another race has been deleted. My question is, WHY AGAIN 2 AUSTRIAN GPs! It were Mugello and the Nurburgring! Why the Styrian. Anyone know why again 2 GPs like the last year? 

Logistical reasons, Covid reasons. It’s not as easy as you think to turn up to a country and race 300km/h cars. 

Formula 1 requires a lot of licensing and permission and getting all the paper works done for multiple different countries is time consuming and difficult 

I guess doing 2 GPS in the same country  is easier for the logistics side mainly (less pollution and travel time especially now as F1 is becoming more green and eco friendly)

7 hours ago, aspect13 said:

Logistical reasons, Covid reasons. It’s not as easy as you think to turn up to a country and race 300km/h cars. 

Formula 1 requires a lot of licensing and permission and getting all the paper works done for multiple different countries is time consuming and difficult 

I guess doing 2 GPS in the same country  is easier for the logistics side mainly (less pollution and travel time especially now as F1 is becoming more green and eco friendly)

Mh, ok 🙂

• Thanks 1
10 hours ago, Gabxhz44 said:

And it's happened again! Another race has been deleted. My question is, WHY AGAIN 2 AUSTRIAN GPs! It were Mugello and the Nurburgring! Why the Styrian. Anyone know why again 2 GPs like the last year? 

I heard Mugello are not particularly happy with the dates.  

Nurburg always has had some financial issues, whereas Red Bull Ring has massive support from all sides.)

I personally root for "not again double Austria".)

• Agree 1
2 minutes ago, KulishS said:

I heard Mugello are not particularly happy with the dates.  

Nurburg always has had some financial issues, whereas Red Bull Ring has massive support from all sides.)

I personally root for "not again double Austria".)

OK 👌🇦🇹

4 minutes ago, mahmutcan0163 said:

I think 2nd Austrian GP is perfect place to try sprint race format.

Hmmm, that would then to some extent make it three races on the same track though?

Austria usually puts on a show when it comes to the races, I don't necessarily mind 2 Red Bull Ring races, but I would of loved if they went to Mugello and even Mangy Cours of all places. However, but if there is cost and also restrictions then I can see the reason why.

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Martinlutherz said:

Hi everyone, I also need the schedule of Formula 1 2022 calendar. Anybody have that, please Whatsapp me. Thanks

That's optimistic 🙂. I'd say nobody is confident what the true F1 2021 calendar will end up being, let alone 2022!

• 3 months later...