Jump to content Jump to content

Drive through penalty

Hi guys , ok i got a drive through penalty for jumping the start lights but i also caused a little damage to my wing , so I went in the pits on my first lap to serve my drive throught I didnt want to change my tyres or wing , just serve the penalty , but the game made me pit changed my tyres and wing , so I then i had go around and still serve my penalty, so how do I serve the penalty without the game making me pit for tyres or wing changes ?

Thanks.

• Like 1

There's an option in the MFD menu to tell the pitcrew to NOT change your wing. The game probably assumed you wanted to change your wing first as you didn't tell the pit crew otherwise, and that's why you got pulled in for the change. Tires are always changed during a pitstop. My guess is that if you had set "Change wing" to "NO" then you would have been able to serve your penalty only.

3 minutes ago, CptBalloonhands said:

There's an option in the MFD menu to tell the pitcrew to NOT change your wing. The game probably assumed you wanted to change your wing first as you didn't tell the pit crew otherwise, and that's why you got pulled in for the change. Tires are always changed during a pitstop. My guess is that if you had set "Change wing" to "NO" then you would have been able to serve your penalty only.

Exactly what he said. This can also happen if you are on a Safety Car period -- your Drive Through penalties will not count no matter if you do what he said or not. Just a reminder if you didn't know.

• Agree 1
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, CptBalloonhands said:

OK so even if I set it to not change the wing they will still change the tyres ?  so on the first lap i would have to change my tyres , then go around to serve the drive through ?  why cant i just serve the drive through then have my tyres changed later when they are suppoesed to be changed ?

or are you saying setting it to no would have allowed me to just serve the penalty without a tyre change ?

Edited by Madmaz116
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Madmaz116 said:

OK so even if I set it to not change the wing they will still change the tyres ?  so on the first lap i would have to change my tyres , then go around to serve the drive through ?  why cant i just serve the drive through then have my tyres changed later when they are suppoesed to be changed ?

What I was saying is if you want to pit to change your wing, they will change the tires. You can never enter the box to fix something on your car without also changing the tires. Now, if you had set CHANGE WING to "no", the game would not have forced you into the box but instead let you serve your DT Penalty. The tire change you experienced is just a side effect of not having turned off "change wing" upon pit entry. It is the "change wing" set to "YES" that told the game you don't want to serve your penalty and that you want to enter your team's box and change your wing (and therefore automatically also changing the tires).

Edited by CptBalloonhands
  • Like 1
On 5/17/2021 at 5:28 PM, CptBalloonhands said:

What I was saying is if you want to pit to change your wing, they will change the tires. You can never enter the box to fix something on your car without also changing the tires. Now, if you had set CHANGE WING to "no", the game would not have forced you into the box but instead let you serve your DT Penalty. The tire change you experienced is just a side effect of not having turned off "change wing" upon pit entry. It is the "change wing" set to "YES" that told the game you don't want to serve your penalty and that you want to enter your team's box and change your wing (and therefore automatically also changing the tires).

Thank you , much appreciated

On 5/17/2021 at 5:33 PM, BarryB said:

Given the information we have (or lack off) it seems like there was a SC situation. When the SC is out you can’t serve a drive through

I jumped the lights , but thanks anyway

On 5/17/2021 at 9:28 AM, CptBalloonhands said:

Yea for me! Learned something new! Thanks for the question and answer!

• Like 1