Jump to content Jump to content
F1 2021 | Online Services Down For Maintenance | 26/07/2021 ×

F1® 2021 | Digital Deluxe Content | Icon Drivers Reveal

• BarryBL featured this topic

In my opinion, it's very cool and well done to the faces of the drivers that we know historically drivers will be playing F1 2021. I think it's a good step in a positive direction.

Posted (edited)

They have done a very good job with the character modeling compared to older games. These were very good choices as well. Good job!

Edited by Eclipsium
Edited 'face' to 'character'. Typo

Will these drivers just be available to the player's team, or to other teams as well?

I'm partly asking as I'm wondering if somebody who chooses to buy the Deluxe Edition would have full control over whether these additional drivers are used or not?

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

Will these drivers just be available to the player's team, or to other teams as well?

I'm partly asking as I'm wondering if somebody who chooses to buy the Deluxe Edition would have full control over whether these additional drivers are used or not?

These drivers will only be available for the player to be able to recruit.

• Thanks 1

Buying if all of this is included.   Do we know yet?  Thanks

• Force cockpit view for multiplayer
  • VR support
  • The ability to practice in single player, in any car, with the Equal car setting enabled
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, moogleslam said:

Buying if all of this is included.   Do we know yet?  Thanks

• Force cockpit view for multiplayer
  • VR support
  • The ability to practice in single player, in any car, with the Equal car setting enabled

We don't categorically but there's been no hint of any of those items being included and I think it would be a pretty safe bet that at least the first two won't be as a result.

The first one is a silly idea IMHO and I'd say there is a 0% chance of it happening as that would be massively unpopular with most players and I can't see Codemasters being daft enough to enforce it.

An OPTION to create cockpit view only lobbies would seem a far more viable option to me.

Edited by Ultra3142
  • Agree 1
Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, moogleslam said:

Please check F1 2020. It's already introduced.

Edited by john_dragnst
22 hours ago, BarryBL said:

These drivers will only be available for the player to be able to recruit.

I do understand this but why can it not be an option to allow the AI to hire them too? 

Iconic drivers: AI and player/Player only/Off. 

It's great to see them in game but theres still some disappointment in there in not having the opportunity to see Ferrari hiring Schumacher or Mercedes hiring Rosberg. 

Can this not be considered? 

Also, are their helmets, audio names and avatars available to the player? Like we saw with Schumacher last year?

8 minutes ago, Sector4 said:

f12021-deluxe-beautyshot.jpg

Character avatars listed for Braking Point characters but not My Team icons. Worrying.

I don't think we will get the My Team icons as character avatars because nothing was mentioned about it in their announcements - they only said that you can have them as team-mates for your team.
I hope I'm wrong though, it would be amazing to race as these legends.

Is the 'worry' here that the player's character won't be able to look like the 7 iconic drivers in My Team? To be honest this seems logical to me since they will be available for the player to hire as teammates. I'm not entirely sure why anyone would want to look like any of the iconic drivers actually, since surely part of the point of the My Team mode is that you're racing as you?

1 minute ago, Sector4 said:

You could also use the faces in career, championships and online. 

Surely the non My Team career needs to have the faces of all the current F1 drivers?