Jump to content Jump to content

Codemasters F1 Series = finally its a kiddie game

2 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

Is it May 2020 again???

Pretty obvious yes. Lots of new joiners that only come here to be in the beta and cry and complain instead of trying to help making things better. In a few months they’re all gone and the oldies like us will stay and try to contribute with detailed bug reports like we always do.

• Like 1
  • Agree 6
3 minutes ago, mahmutcan0163 said:

You are forgetting that everyone cant afford wheel or just dont wanna spend money to wheel.

i know a good game for gamepad players - its called need for speed 😉

to be honest - if codemasters would improve on gameplay/handling and pay more attention to the simracing community it would everything be ok, but they have their focus on such marketing things since 3 years. (story mode, myteam mode, iconic drivers, etc.)

we will see what else is coming in f1 2021 - but i doubt there will be much improvement on the really important things for a racing game.

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 2
23 minutes ago, weisiAUT said:

like i said: "build the greatest my team" in combination with pre order the deluxe edition for 7 iconic drivers with special ratings sounds similar like ultimate team from ea! thats what i tried to say.

and yes, driving a car without steering wheel is like kiddies play a f1 game. codemasters complety forget the sim racing community and instead of improving on gameplay and realism they make something like "build the greatest my team". money is the reason i think, so you need to pre order the deluxe edtion to get the best drivers.

it would be ok if they would also improve gameplay and realism for the big sim racing community.

but as always - on such type of forum there are a lot of fanboys.

How are we fan boys for literally saying this mechanic has been in the game since last year you don't have to pay a pack for anything unless you want those 7 drivers then buy the deluxe if you don't want to have those 7 drivers then just buy the standard edition. 

• Agree 1
1 hour ago, weisiAUT said:

oh my god - f1 2021 turns into fifa ultimate team kiddie game

nice codemasters, you got the license for the next few years and the sim racing community doesnt count for you. you make your kiddie game to get as much money as possible instead of improving racing features to give the big simracing community a chance to enjoy formula 1 racing.

its time to give up on you guys. kiddie arcade racing game instead of a real racing game with simulation features. we want a real racing game not a kiddie story racing game or a fifa ultimate team racing game.
you really dont like the f1 sim racing community, but you like arcade racing kiddies!

When will racing sims like Assetto Corsa give me a proper career mode and great AI? Why don't those racing sims cater to me? Why don't they give the even bigger F1 game community a chance to enjoy sim racing?!

They only like sim racing dads with 3000 dollar steering wheels and 5000 dollar rigs ☹️

• Haha 2
  • Agree 2
  • Administrator

I've hidden some comments here, and user has been warned for future conduct on the forums. I do work for Codies and EA (sorry for the reveal), however accusing other forum users of getting paid to say nice things isn't on, or to say anything at all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 4
11 minutes ago, TheAM said:

Barry definetly is being paid, as he is a Codemasters employee xd

BarryBL That is, not me. I pay for the game.

And with all the nonsense  @BarryBL has to endure in here,  I hope he gets compensated very well 😉

• Haha 4
  • Agree 1
51 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

We make a game that aims to cater for a wide range of F1 fans, and there to be something for everyone to be involved and excited by. 

I honestly think the game strikes exactly the right balance between sim and arcade. I hope you (Codemasters) do not change the formula too much in the future.

• Agree 4
1 hour ago, BarryB said:

BarryBL That is, not me. I pay for the game.

And with all the nonsense  @BarryBL has to endure in here,  I hope he gets compensated very well 😉

Ahhh, okay. I thought he meant BarryBL

@BarryBL first off, it is the easiest thing to be smarter for someone who is not really involved and does not know the limitations that others have to work under (ask me I am running a small company). That said and acknowledged, threads like this one and negative posts like further above all have the very same reason: poor planing and communication / PR work. I am convinced that all this starts to pop up when expectations are not met, when no sort of any useful information is given and then people start to speculate and rumors are being made up. When people are concerned as well, it can be bad rumors...

How to prevent this? Having a kind of a roadmap when releasing / revealing a game: Game announcement and trailer, day 1. Show some graphics from screenshots day 7. Show a little 1 min teaser video day 14. Show more pictures of game content that has been announced day 21. Show a hotlap day 28, show design scetches and car graphis day 35 and so on, until release day has come. This way, there is always some official information available, be it in tiny bits, that people can discuss / be excited / rant about. Also, you want to stir up the hype, dont you?

Lets be perfectly honest: It has been over a month since game announcement, the trailer showed nothing relevant (less than nothing, really), and to date there were no screenies, no videos, no content listings, no nothing of the game revealed.

But without any official information being given, people cant help to draw their own conclusions, based on the (close to nothing on) insights they have had so far. Can anyone blame them? I dont.

PS: and by the way the codemasters menu on the upper left corner of this forum does not work any more and noone seem to realize ("localhost" ***)...

2 minutes ago, Schneehase said:

Lets be perfectly honest: It has been over a month since game announcement, the trailer showed nothing relevant (less than nothing, really), and to date there were no screenies, no videos, no content listings, no nothing of the game revealed.

Before today. Have you seen the new info. and video about the iconic drivers? 

1 minute ago, Ultra3142 said:

Before today. Have you seen the new info. and video about the iconic drivers? 

Its monday, if they have revealed something new today I have not yet seen it, I just came home from work^^ I was on the codemasters site under "news" a few minutes ago and there was nothing new there: https://www.codemasters.com/news/ sorry if i am too blind and / or stupid to catch the news. It is irrelevant for my posting above though, 1 month no news is just too long when you have relvealed a new game including a release date.

I understand... Some things would better not be revealed lol 😄 I am tempted to write a long post after seeing this, but no I wont. Better to keep this unsaid for an upcoming F1 2021 forum. Laters all, gotta go and drive some laps on my F1 2020 game, wrrrooooommm

• Like 1

Just for the record, I am a codemasters fan boy. Does that make me overly biased? No. I am a sim fan. A long time dirt rally supporter (since day 1) and also a long time f1 game fan, again, since day 1.  Do I prefer hard-core sim? Generally yes. I'm not a fan of grid, or any of the other arcade titles.

However, a full on hard-core f1 sim would be nigh on impossible to enjoy to the extent I enjoy the current f1 game, 1000 horsepower through the rear? 50% loss of downforce through the corners?. I think, for me atleast, codemasters walk a tightrope almost impossible to walk. Manageable for pad players, and downright immersive and compelling for wheel users.

I prod for more immersion, self titled engines in my team mode, being able to overtake the safety car if lapped, driving the pit lane manually as in acc. But generally, these guys treat the licence with an affection rarely seen in games.

• Agree 8
23 hours ago, BarryBL said:

To play devils advocate here, the handling of the cars was the main overwhelmingly positive piece of feedback we had last season. From George Russell and other F1 drivers, the BETA testers, our regulars here, the actual driving of the cars was much improved from 2019 to 2020. 

I agree it can always be better, but driving the cars on track last year was a massive step forward, and, for me, a enjoyable experience.

Also on your first point, we have some incredible pad players who are mega quick (@Flash224 and @Retentive won't mind me appreciating their talents). For me, you should be able to play the game with whatever supported device you like, knowing you can compete with anyone else. And those two absolutely blitz me every week, totally on merit.

The only difference in handling between F1 2019 and F1 2020, is the latter has more down force through the high speed corners, which I think George Russell was referring to, when he mentioned game improvement. F1 2020 overall handling is basically the same as the 2019 game, with some minor tweaks: Its the same handling physic which Londo Norris claimed, felt nothing like an f1 car. Yes the cars easier to drive, but despite your claims, there was no massive step closer to the real thing. 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, LEWISt17KIMI said:

The only difference in handling between F1 2019 and F1 2020, is the latter has more down force through the high speed corners, which I think George Russell was referring to, when he mentioned game improvement. F1 2020 overall handling is basically the same as the 2019 game, with some minor tweaks: Its the same handling physic which Londo Norris claimed, felt nothing like an f1 car. Yes the cars easier to drive, but despite your claims, there was no massive step closer to the real thing. 

Hi @LEWISt17KIMI,

The initial change you are referring too is to meet with technical regulations. I can assure you we did a large re-evaluation and rethink into the way the cars drive, and the results speak for themselves. For someone who has played over 400 hours on each game, (and seen the tech documents) there was vast improvements in not just design, but the way the cars feel to drive and interact with on track.

Devils advocate here, but if we got exactly to the real thing (which I don't feel can be done without alienating a whole audience) we'd all be stalling on the installation laps and never make it to the grid. Its largely a balance, and a balance we improved in 2020.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 5

This thread was a wild ride.

The difference in handling between 2019 & 2020 is monumental. 2019 is understeer and very edgy on grip, 2020 the car is planted and you can push a lot harder.
The assists we're a lot more powerful on 2019 though, it's very easy to drive with no assists on 2020 whereas I relied on them in 2019. 

If F1 was a true F1 simulator, as Barry said nobody would even make it off the line. Shup moaning.

Gutted to learn there is no F1 Ultimate Team too, I was really looking forward to packing a TOTS Mazepin.

• Haha 1
Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, LEWISt17KIMI said:

don't forget the FFB improvements to give more feel for what the car is doing, cars braking performance has also been made better and also the tyre model where tyre tempratures have an actual impact on a cars grip, there is a lot more changed from 2019's handling model to 2020's handling model than just slapping on more down force.

using a wheel on a computer will never be the same as driving a real car due to the g forces involved and feeling a driver gets through the seat so how about we just compare 1 games handling model to another instead of trying to say how real it feels compared to something that non of us here have ever driven or even get to drive    

No matter how the game drives or it's changes or features that are added to the games some one somewhere will complain about it, sometimes its justified sometimes its just to have a different opinion and serves no real purpose

Edited by cearp8858

I will bite on the last 3-4 posts here. From a personal point of view (and no I never drove a racing car with more then 300 hp) the drive in F1 2020 feels responsive and immersive enough to let you hold your breath once you get into the "flow" of driving around Monaco. For a PC game (and I use the term "game" on purpose, because its too arcade to call it a simulation) this is more than enough for me. There are a lot of other areas where the game is not making the most of its possibilities, or not providing enough immersion, than the drive itself. And as long as a IRL F1 driver does take part in a session with this game, and does not feel embarassed (see 2020 pandemic virtual GPs), why should we not be content with it? As long as the devs keep working on it, I am fine, as long as EA doesnt force them to make this even more arcade for a broader audience - because honestly, there are already enough other games doing just that.

If the F1 game got a realistic handling model like iRacing, Assetto Corsa (Competizione) or rFactor 2, the controller players wouldn’t buy the game because it’s just too hard. That’s why I think the Expert mode, Standard mode in F1 2020, should have realistic handling, and the physics how it is now should be the Casual mode as it works very well for controller.

• Agree 1