Jump to content Jump to content
F1 2021 | Online Services Update 11:00AM UK Time | Expected to last no longer than 2 hours ×

Codemasters F1 Series = finally its a kiddie game


Recommended Posts

On 5/17/2021 at 6:20 PM, weisiAUT said:

oh my god - f1 2021 turns into fifa ultimate team kiddie game

nice codemasters, you got the license for the next few years and the sim racing community doesnt count for you. you make your kiddie game to get as much money as possible instead of improving racing features to give the big simracing community a chance to enjoy formula 1 racing.

its time to give up on you guys. kiddie arcade racing game instead of a real racing game with simulation features. we want a real racing game not a kiddie story racing game or a fifa ultimate team racing game.
you really dont like the f1 sim racing community, but you like arcade racing kiddies!

I completely agree. I have been buying the game for 11 years, they should give me a new game for free, but what instead? the game has become 5 times more expensive and the same bugs for 11 years...
I sympathize with those who bought or will buy a new F1.


ps. This is my opinion and it may not coincide with the opinions of others...

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MilligramSmile said:

I completely agree. I have been buying the game for 11 years, they should give me a new game for free, but what instead? the game has become 5 times more expensive and the same bugs for 11 years...
I sympathize with those who bought or will buy a new F1.


ps. This is my opinion and it may not coincide with the opinions of others...

 


Where did the game get 5 times more expensive?

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, KleineBossie said:

If the F1 game got a realistic handling model like iRacing, Assetto Corsa (Competizione) or rFactor 2, the controller players wouldn’t buy the game because it’s just too hard. That’s why I think the Expert mode, Standard mode in F1 2020, should have realistic handling, and the physics how it is now should be the Casual mode as it works very well for controller.

And yet there are people who play ACC on controllers...

I think your comment is ignoring a big strength of the F1 games, which is the assists system which allows difficulty to be gradually adjusted as players improve or choose to increase the challenge. For me any changes should be an extension of this approach.

  • Agree 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BiberMike said:

Where did the game get 5 times more expensive?

F1 2020 Deluxe I bought for 1500 rur for exactly the same deluxe version of 2021 they already want 5000 rur from me. Good luck EA.... ahahahaha

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/17/2021 at 10:21 PM, mahmutcan0163 said:

I think it doesnt make any sense to compare F1 to Fifa at all.

Give it time when something goes south. EA will get it sticky claws in.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 5/18/2021 at 6:20 PM, BarryBL said:

Hi @LEWISt17KIMI,

The initial change you are referring too is to meet with technical regulations. I can assure you we did a large re-evaluation and rethink into the way the cars drive, and the results speak for themselves. For someone who has played over 400 hours on each game, (and seen the tech documents) there was vast improvements in not just design, but the way the cars feel to drive and interact with on track.

Devils advocate here, but if we got exactly to the real thing (which I don't feel can be done without alienating a whole audience) we'd all be stalling on the installation laps and never make it to the grid. Its largely a balance, and a balance we improved in 2020.

No I wasn't referring to the technical changes with regards to the regulations. The idea that cm would follow every changes related to the technical regulations in real life, is also very unlikely. Yes cm did re-valuate and rethink the handling, because they got it completely wrong in the first place. Through some of the varied corners, (both slow and fast) the handling was unstable with regards to grip levels. The cars lacked down force to the point where even a real F1 driver, (Nico Hulkenberg) using a steering wheel, had to resort to using traction control, on a game designed to be used with a game pad. f1 2019 also had serious under steer problems which meant when you drove at a circuit like Silverstone, you could never take a corner like copse flat out in 8th gear, like in real life. You always had to lift off the throttle. 

There is no evidence to suggest that if we got handing physic close to the real thing, the cars would be stalling on the installation laps, as you put it. This is simple what cm want us to believe.

Edited by LEWISt17KIMI
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FTBuzzard said:

I never saw any cards in a F1 Game...

It's only a matter of time.  It's EA's main strategy for revenue growth.  Didn't you read the report that came out confirming EA's intentions to use their games purposely to drive players into their ultimate team modes?  Its essentially the main purpose of each of their flagship sports titles currently.   Madden, Fifa, NHL.    Not sure how they'd pull off a mode like that in F1, but I could see them morphing My Team into some alternate version of it some way shape or form.  

Look at the Forza Series; it's not EA but its full of mods, upgrades, performance perks etc.  You earn XP and "credits" by playing that you can use to buy mods and packs of cards to help improve your "fantasy team"  The grind required to do so though almost always pushes people into the microtransactions to purchase them.  EA has a version of it in every major sports title they publish, so does 2K, and SDS with MLB The Show.  So I can certainly see a future mode in this game using cards for drivers, liveries, sponsors, drivers, performance mods/upgrades etc that will follow that Ultimate Team kind of model.  It's just what they do now in gaming.   Personally; ive never played the mode in EA's other sports titles other than to "check it out".  Once I saw what it was all about that was the end of it for me.  It's the model though that drives insane revenue from the kiddo's with mom and dad's credit cards, and... likely some folks with their own as well.   Heck, MLB The Show this year their diamond dynasty mode is entirely built around it.  You can essentially collect baseball cards for EVERY player on EVERY team and you're rewarded for doing so.  Of course the grinding you would be required to earn them all without spending a dime is essentially impossible unless you play  for 20 hours a day, but that's where those precious microtransactions come in to buy new packs to grow you collections etc. etc.     It's the slow death of gaming IMO, but there's no stopping it now.

My wife teaches the 7th grade; her kids currently are playing MLB the Show.  She says that her students tell her they don't play exhibition games, or franchise mode.  Only diamond dynasty mode and on average their folks are buying them 24k "stubs" (the games virtual currency) weekly or more.  I believe that package is a $15 or so microtransaction and will only let you have enough in game currency to buy a few card packs (usually 6 cards in each I think) that are randomized in the rewards.  So, after paying $70 for the game, many players of these modes are spending another $20 or more a WEEK on the game to play these modes. 

So; yeah you may not have seen cards yet in an F1 game but we have pitcoins currently to buy liveries, suits, gloves, helmets etc.  That's the beginning of it, so for those of you who think the pitcoin/pitpass thing is annoying, you haven't seen anything yet.  It's the tip of the iceberg really now that EA is involved IMO.

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, petro1319 said:

It's only a matter of time.  It's EA's main strategy for revenue growth.  Didn't you read the report that came out confirming EA's intentions to use their games purposely to drive players into their ultimate team modes?  Its essentially the main purpose of each of their flagship sports titles currently.   Madden, Fifa, NHL.    Not sure how they'd pull off a mode like that in F1, but I could see them morphing My Team into some alternate version of it some way shape or form.  

Look at the Forza Series; it's not EA but its full of mods, upgrades, performance perks etc.  You earn XP and "credits" by playing that you can use to buy mods and packs of cards to help improve your "fantasy team"  The grind required to do so though almost always pushes people into the microtransactions to purchase them.  EA has a version of it in every major sports title they publish, so does 2K, and SDS with MLB The Show.  So I can certainly see a future mode in this game using cards for drivers, liveries, sponsors, drivers, performance mods/upgrades etc that will follow that Ultimate Team kind of model.  It's just what they do now in gaming.   Personally; ive never played the mode in EA's other sports titles other than to "check it out".  Once I saw what it was all about that was the end of it for me.  It's the model though that drives insane revenue from the kiddo's with mom and dad's credit cards, and... likely some folks with their own as well.   Heck, MLB The Show this year their diamond dynasty mode is entirely built around it.  You can essentially collect baseball cards for EVERY player on EVERY team and you're rewarded for doing so.  Of course the grinding you would be required to earn them all without spending a dime is essentially impossible unless you play  for 20 hours a day, but that's where those precious microtransactions come in to buy new packs to grow you collections etc. etc.     It's the slow death of gaming IMO, but there's no stopping it now.

My wife teaches the 7th grade; her kids currently are playing MLB the Show.  She says that her students tell her they don't play exhibition games, or franchise mode.  Only diamond dynasty mode and on average their folks are buying them 24k "stubs" (the games virtual currency) weekly or more.  I believe that package is a $15 or so microtransaction and will only let you have enough in game currency to buy a few card packs (usually 6 cards in each I think) that are randomized in the rewards.  So, after paying $70 for the game, many players of these modes are spending another $20 or more a WEEK on the game to play these modes. 

So; yeah you may not have seen cards yet in an F1 game but we have pitcoins currently to buy liveries, suits, gloves, helmets etc.  That's the beginning of it, so for those of you who think the pitcoin/pitpass thing is annoying, you haven't seen anything yet.  It's the tip of the iceberg really now that EA is involved IMO.

And how should untimate team look like?
FIFA, NHL, NBA all work fine, there are hundreds of teams and players that can be sold as cards, but you can't do a UT-like card game with 20 teams and 40 drivers.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LEWISt17KIMI said:

There is no evidence to suggest that if we got handing physic close to the real thing, the cars would be stalling on the installation laps, as you put it. This is simple what cm want us to believe.

The point made was simply that if you put the vast majority of us in a real F1 car and tried to match what we do in the game we would fail spectacularly, and so there is a limit to the realism that is ultimately desirable. 

Also note that BarryBL works for Codemasters. Possibly you realise this but the way you worded your reply to him suggests not.

  • Agree 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎5‎/‎17‎/‎2021 at 4:20 PM, weisiAUT said:

oh my god - f1 2021 turns into fifa ultimate team kiddie game

nice codemasters, you got the license for the next few years and the sim racing community doesnt count for you. you make your kiddie game to get as much money as possible instead of improving racing features to give the big simracing community a chance to enjoy formula 1 racing.

its time to give up on you guys. kiddie arcade racing game instead of a real racing game with simulation features. we want a real racing game not a kiddie story racing game or a fifa ultimate team racing game.
you really dont like the f1 sim racing community, but you like arcade racing kiddies!

 

Its a lost cause , "be water my friend".  

This is the level we are at here in this game https://youtu.be/51b9WEdKE08?t=12  , this is the preferred way of playing by of the majority of its customers and so people like us need to give it up and go else where , admittedly its a shame because it could be amazing but its lost to the kids and kidults.  ........" No alarms and no surprises , No alarms and ............................."

  • Disagree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/17/2021 at 8:20 AM, weisiAUT said:

oh my god - f1 2021 turns into fifa ultimate team kiddie game

nice codemasters, you got the license for the next few years and the sim racing community doesnt count for you. you make your kiddie game to get as much money as possible instead of improving racing features to give the big simracing community a chance to enjoy formula 1 racing.

its time to give up on you guys. kiddie arcade racing game instead of a real racing game with simulation features. we want a real racing game not a kiddie story racing game or a fifa ultimate team racing game.
you really dont like the f1 sim racing community, but you like arcade racing kiddies!

 This post reads like a person who does more than their fair share of dive bombing and rage quitting. We have no idea what they've changed as far as the mechanics of the game are concerned. It could be bonkers better. If you don't wanna race with or as a legend then just don't. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I just can't believe for most of the replies made in this topic. It's just incredible how annoying people are of wanting a full simulation game. This game is not meant to be like that, is made so every type of person are able to play the game. If you don't like this type of games and want a simulation game go play ACC or RFactor. No one is forcing you to pay for this game and play it.

Everyone is just jumping to conclusions without knowing nothing about the game, just because EA is now the publisher it does not mean that the game sucks now. Wait for the game to come out and than take your conclusions about it. Remember the last time we saw an F1 game made by EA (F1 challenge 99-02) the game was, for the time, quite good and maybe we can see that positive influence in the future.

Talking about the "F1 UT", for now we don't know anything about it and as @FTBuzzard said I don't see a way to make a mode like that in this game, however if you look closely there's a game called F1 mobile racing, that is closer to "UT", you play againts other people, improve your car with cards and I think you can buy loot crates to have more cards, like drivers and improvements, so they can take a better aproach to "F1 UT" in that area.

But please, just stop coming here to complain about something no one knows, its just boring to come here and see coments that does not help in any way.

 

 

  • Agree 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Personally I don't understand why the equation is always simulation=hard and arcade=easy/more enjoyable.

A simulation can be for everyone with the right level of assists and options (semplified physics, aids and adapted steering for pad players).

ACC is a far superior game than GT Sport (which is just bad). The quality of the handling model plays a huge role and GTS is sub par in every way (and it has nothing to do with the simulation/arcade nature of a game).

Arcade is also a product like Project Cars 3, that went too far taking away pit stops, tyre wear and fuel consumption (something that Codemasters will never do).

There are different ways of being a sim and being simcade/arcade.

Different categories of motorsport come with different implications.

ACC can be a full sim because GT3 cars aren't hard to drive. It's been demonstrated that a good sim race can jump into a GT3 car and do well. It is impossible with an F1 car.

There are cars in GT3 that are notoriously easy to drive in real life and created for gentleman drivers and amateurs (different actors or famous people have competed in gt racing).

A great sim would also require accurate data and updated numbers from the teams, which is something they are probably unwilling to provide for their current car. GT3 racing has little to no secrets. Cars are known and have been there for years. Drivers and BoP are the deciding factors. We could literally buy those car in their track version if we had enough money.

A true simulation of F1 is basically impossible. There would be too many obstacles...

Edited by sirio994
  • Agree 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

What I don't understand is, why don't all the players who want the game to be more sim-like just play games that are more sim-like, such as iRacing, rFactor and ACC? What's stopping you? Nobody is forcing you to play the F1 games, there are many other alternatives available to you.

Personally, I like both sims and arcade-sims like F1. All types of racing games offer different kinds of challenges, but you won't see me on iRacing's forums demanding they make the game more arcadey to satisfy my preferred play style or whatever. The game is what the game is, if it's not realistic enough for you just play something else. It's simple.

  • Agree 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

You Kids, getting so upset about this.................. Its just a game, what does it matter , just play , if other people want it to be a hard core sim let them dream , the game is yours they wont steal it from you and make it a hard core sim that you cannot manage to play. You kids are the bread and butter and you are ripe for rinsing , they will never turn against you....... That video does sum it up nicely though you have to agree.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...