Jump to content Jump to content

Article regarding the Codemasters & EA deal

ive seen alot on here that people are very sceptical about the EA aquisition, i however still think its a good thing, provided EA doesnt try to force the decision making to make the game grindier to add ways to skip the grind (with money), which it doesnt look like is the case, i have faith in codemasters, and EA on board can only be a good thing they have so many resources available to them now.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I guess time will tell with how plans pan out for the EA/Codemasters partnership. It’s encouraging that they plan to let Codemasters do their thing without too much interference in the games development. Hopefully it continues that way and with EAs extra resources behind them it can mean bigger and better things. 

• Agree 3
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, mahmutcan0163 said:

I know Codemasters will make a good game but %350 price raise isnt cool EA...

Now, lets not exhaggerate. The price is not 3.5 times the previous version. It's barely higher than 2020 so.

I paid €62.99 for F1 2020 DeLuxe (Prepurchase) and F1 2021 DeLuxe is priced at €67.49 (Prepurchase). That's a 7% increase. I don't know for sure but your maths teacher didn't do a very good job.

Edited by Lakrits
  • Haha 2
  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 1
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Lakrits said:

Now, lets not exhaggerate. The price is not 3.5 times the previous version. It's barely higher than 2020 so.

I paid €62.99 for F1 2020 DeLuxe (Prepurchase) and F1 2021 DeLuxe is priced at £67.49 (Prepurchase). That's a 7% increase. I don't know for sure but your maths teacher didn't do a very good job.

That's the case for you but for others it's significantly allot more. I think it was the price for Brazil which had gone up allot. 

Edited by Nightfire1964
  • Agree 2
2 minutes ago, Nightfire1964 said:

That's the case for you but for others it's significantly allot more. I think it was the price for Brazil which had gone up allot. 

Still, I seriosly doubt that it's gone up 350%.

• Haha 1

Ok, but the game was a lot cheaper in those markets before then. I guess this just makes the game cost more the same on all markets.

I understand. In some parts of the world people make a lot less money so the prices have been adjusted to that before. In the future it won't be, at least not to the same extent.

1 hour ago, Lakrits said:

I paid €62.99 for F1 2020 DeLuxe (Prepurchase) and F1 2021 DeLuxe is priced at £67.49 (Prepurchase). That's a 7% increase.

It was same on my side

I don't blame people being skeptical. EA turned everything into a microtransaction money maker whatever they pretty much touched.

Oh and please don't be naive that if they paid $1.2 billion dollar to purchase a game developer company, they won't have any saying how the game's future will look like. Codies will remain the workhorse (coding) but the business decisions will come from a different board from now on. F1 2021 was already full speed in development when the acquisition happened so I don't expect much change in this year. We'll see what the future holds.

• Agree 2
Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, ragequit1 said:

I don't blame people being skeptical. EA turned everything into a microtransaction money maker whatever they pretty much touched.

Oh and please don't be naive that if they paid $1.2 billion dollar to purchase a game developer company, they won't have any saying how the game's future will look like. Codies will remain the workhorse (coding) but the business decisions will come from a different board from now on. F1 2021 was already full speed in development when the acquisition happened so I don't expect much change in this year. We'll see what the future holds.

This.

Edited by Des0xyN
38 minutes ago, ragequit1 said:

I was skeptical about regional prices, and my doubts were unfortunately right.
As you said, F1 2021 was already on development. I think we will see how EA affected F1 franchise after F1 2023.

• Agree 1

I´ve just can quote @BarryBL. EA is the publisher, Codemasters still the producer and developer. The game is made by Codemasters and not by EA. Barry correct me if I am wrong, but EA is more giving ressources, doing marketing etc. instead of developing the game. So I don´t think there will be that much differences in that case. Especially for this game. F1 2021 should be in developement for something arround 2 year. 

• Agree 1