Jump to content Jump to content

PS4 G29 Wheel will not work with F1 2020

Posted (edited)

Hello everyone, I am new to PS4 and F1 2020.  Any help with the following will be greatly appreciated.  Purchased said PS4 with a G29 wheel.  I set everything up as specified.  Placed the F1 2020 in the slot to load the game, pressed the PS button on the wheel when prompted.
Game loads, the game preview runs until the options screen.  Game states “press options button”.  I do press the options button and nothing happens.  Game does not proceed in Oder to play. I thought I had a bad wheel until I loaded Grand Turismo and the wheel worked great.  No issues!
The PS4 hand controller has no issues as well with F1 2020.  The game loads perfectly, options works and I can play without any problems.  Why can’t the wheel work with F1 2020?  Rather perplexing the hand controller works.  I did call Sony PS and they stated the game might not be compatible with the Logitech G29 wheel.  I find that hard to believe.  As the well has been out awhile and I have followed the forums and YouTube videos for solutions.  Please advise!  
Thanks

Edited by steviejay69
More meaningful title

When the game loads and says press the options button, have you tried pressing any other buttons? In my experience it doesn't need to be the options button to advance from this screen.

• Administrator

Hi,

Thanks for reporting your issue. However, we do need a complete bug report in order to gain all the details needed to replicate and troubleshoot your issue. A template is here for you to copy and paste in your answers:

https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/54650-bug-report-template-single-player-gamemodes/

Please complete the report when possible, as we do need all the details below to replicate your problem. 

Many thanks,

Barry.

• steviejay69 changed the title to PS4 G29 Wheel will not work with F1 2020
On 5/17/2021 at 11:52 PM, Lance1955 said:

Hello everyone, I am new to PS4 and F1 2020.  Any help with the following will be greatly appreciated.  Purchased said PS4 with a G29 wheel.  I set everything up as specified.  Placed the F1 2020 in the slot to load the game, pressed the PS button on the wheel when prompted.
Game loads, the game preview runs until the options screen.  Game states “press options button”.  I do press the options button and nothing happens.  Game does not proceed in Oder to play. I thought I had a bad wheel until I loaded Grand Turismo and the wheel worked great.  No issues!
The PS4 hand controller has no issues as well with F1 2020.  The game loads perfectly, options works and I can play without any problems.  Why can’t the wheel work with F1 2020?  Rather perplexing the hand controller works.  I did call Sony PS and they stated the game might not be compatible with the Logitech G29 wheel.  I find that hard to believe.  As the well has been out awhile and I have followed the forums and YouTube videos for solutions.  Please advise!  
Thanks

I've got the exact same issue as you describe, I'm desperate to get it solved. I've returned the steering wheel and got new one in case that was the issue but same problem 

Please post the proper bug report format or the thread will be deleted.

I'm going to move this to F1 Chat for other PS4 users to comment on what has worked for them if they encountered this issue.

5 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

Please post the proper bug report format or the thread will be deleted.

I'm going to move this to F1 Chat for other PS4 users to comment on what has worked for them if they encountered this issue.

ok thanks i will read how to post a bug report and do that

• Thanks 1