Sign in to follow this  

Where's the reviews???

We already got a good one from Rastus in the wayback.  A Day Two follow up from him would be great, since there is no demo.  I don't recall ever reading a "professional" racing game review that was better.

Frank

24th June the embargo breaks :)

Rastus has the newer review build as well so am sure he'll be back to do a new update from a Community point of view.

Loore said:

Rastus has the newer review build as well so am sure he'll be back to do a new update from a Community point of view.
good to know

Patience guys!  Due to his overwhelming generousity and unexpected infamy Rastus' computer time is now 99% spent clicking "accept" due to being overwhelmed by Steam-friend requests, so he has little free time for GAS and further reviews just yet.  :D

Loore said:

And of course, any North American members of the forum are likely to spill the beans when they pick up the game early Tuesday morning (or Tuesday afternoon if GameStop isn't doing a midnight release, I'm actually on my way there now to pay any remaining balance on the pre-order and ask.)

Loore said:

Never really understood the logic of embargoing reviews - surely the sooner word gets out about your product the better?! Assuming it's a good product of course...

hola said:
Why an embargo review. Afraid of something?
Every review is under embargo in the gaming world, it's so that they all go live at the same time so press / media / community all know when to get it ready for. Saves people rushing to get it out of the door 'first'.

Wouldn't say we're afraid of anything, we've talked about the game in more detail than any of our previous games.

Loore said:
Wouldn't say we're afraid of anything, we've talked about the game in more detail than any of our previous games.
And I won't deny you that. What's more, a complete behavioural switch towards your most community critic posters has been noted.

Kudos for that, and I wish you guys a lot of luck on the sales. I'm just waiting for a week or so until I try the game deeply enough before the eventual purchase, although I can see this game entertaining me (the important thing) even without having tried It at all. Purchase is guatanteed for this one. You can count on that.

My pleasure all this time Racing Studio guys. See you next week I suppose :)

LewisBCR6 said:

Is it normal to have the embargo til release day?
More recently, yes.
Let's hope they're positive based on the vids I've seen and what I've heard I have a feeling they will be. :D

hola said:
If they was afraid of something I wouldn't of been allowed to make my video before the review embargo (my videos aren't reviews, but they still give a lot of information about the games I cover).

But review embargos are common practice for main stream developers and publishers.

Skid said:
hola said:
If they was afraid of something I wouldn't of been allowed to make my video before the review embargo (my videos aren't reviews, but they still give a lot of information about the games I cover).
Yeah same with the  inside sim racing guys too and the other racing channels. They would have been a lot more secretive if they were worried.

Finished game review is sth different.
the finished game may be slightly different but it's still largely the same product we've seen in the vids

I'll definitely be throwing something together regarding more time in game, that and a few more vids which I'll be making and working on overnight and throw up on yt when I can.

I'll definitely be throwing something together regarding more time in game, that and a few more vids which I'll be making and working on overnight and throw up on yt when I can.
  ahha thanks Rastus we will be waiting for these videos ... :-B

TeamVVV & Inside Sim Racings 
opinions are worth more than any review to me.
Can't wait, keep checking my supplier for a "dispatched" notification.

TeamVVV & Inside Sim Racings 
opinions are worth more than any review to me.
Can't wait, keep checking my supplier for a "dispatched" notification.
krrping an eye on my mail too haven't hesard anything yet but probably will in the next 48 hours as I preordered this back in April. as I wsa convinced pretty quickly and easily really about this game after watching some of the vids and comparingtimes I wsa doing in F1 against the times being set here. Grid 1 I couldn't compete with the AI but the times this AI is setting gives me hope I can compete with these guys as they are pretty close

There you go ;)

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-06-24-grid-autosport-review

PC Gamer - http://www.pcgamer.com/review/grid-autosport-review/
CVG - http://www.computerandvideogames.com/469264/grid-autosport-xbox-ps3-pc-review/