Jump to content Jump to content

Skid said:
Rapster said:
http://www.gamespot.com/reviews/grid-autosport-review/1900-6415799/

6/10

He said the AI is bad. What?
Probably has never played a racing game before
That's not what the reviewer said.
it was just a joke besides he's the only one I've seen that's marked the game negatively
Yeah the AI really isn't bad, I can't speak for Medium or below, but on hard, they will cover their lines, they will try to push you off the track if you let them, they will outbreak you and pass you if you let them. The only issue I have with them is when they are in a close pack they break excessively while trying to avoid each other, slowing the overall pace down.
Yeah that was pretty evident in your livestreams too from what I saw the only cars that were really aggressive with you were the Ravenwest guys. They're supposedly the number 1 team in the game so you have to expect that. But from what I saw it definitely played fair though.
What it DOES need is advanced controller settings for ALL types. Been chatting to Eclipse playing in the US and watching his twitch feed

twitch.tv/ieclipsy

He was using Keyboard and a controller and having a horrible time with either but had better luck with the keyboard. This needs fixing fast, Linearity to change the steering, sensitivity etc all help no matter what control input you use.
I have been trying to get Codemasters to realize this since Grid 2. I use a joystick and not having those settings really makes things difficult. This is something that has been in every CM game I have purchased since TOCA Race Driver 2. It's in all of their DiRT and F1 games. The F1 games have the best options of all of them as they even have what they call "Input Override" which allows you to force the game to see whatever you are using as a Gamepad, Wheel or None. Each of those makes your controller respond differently and then you can fine tune it in the advanced settings to get that perfect feel you are looking for. I think they should use the F1 control subsystem in the Grid and DiRT series as well. That way they could have one system across all three games that is consistent and could be built upon to keep adding support for more controllers, not fewer, each year.
Rapster said:

6/10

it was just a joke besides he's the only one I've seen that's marked the game negatively
It wasn't your comment that I was ultimately commenting on; Cheesenium wrote, "He said the AI is bad. What?". The reviewer did not write that in their review.

Sorry sjsharp2010 for the confusion, mate.
Rapster said:

6/10

Sorry for the confusion, sjsharp 2010. I wasn't commenting on your comment, ultimately. I did view your comment with the necessary humour. I was commenting on Cheesenium's post, "He said the AI is bad. What?". The reviewer did not write this.

Skid said:
Rapster said:

6/10

Yeah the AI really isn't bad, I can't speak for Medium or below, but on hard, they will cover their lines, they will try to push you off the track if you let them, they will outbreak you and pass you if you let them. The only issue I have with them is when they are in a close pack they break excessively while trying to avoid each other, slowing the overall pace down.
Yeah that was pretty evident in your livestreams too from what I saw the only cars that were really aggressive with you were the Ravenwest guys. They're supposedly the number 1 team in the game so you have to expect that. But from what I saw it definitely played fair though.
How is the AI in Open Wheel racing, does it behave comparatively as it does in Touring Cars? Some have remarked the AI doing first corner 'dive-ins' a la Touring Cars style, thus ending their participation.