Jump to content Jump to content

You gave us 7 legends, is it time for reserve drivers?

As the title says, we had 7 legends announced for MyTeam.

But, what about reserve and third drivers? I think they are more important than any legend. People like Kubica, Albon, Hulk should be included in the game, because they're actually part of the licensed teams.

It would cool to have them also to increase the market pool, and maybe to have another R&D to develop, because usually the third driver is the driver who spend more time in the simulator than any driver.

Hope EA/CM will announce them

• Agree 3

Sounds like an alright idea. Would be a good way to increase the upgrade tree because of the increased flow of resource points and would be really cool if the drivers could be "sick" or "injured" so the reserve driver comes into action. They could also use the 2nd car for FP1 and bring back information at the end.

• Agree 1
On 5/18/2021 at 11:05 PM, BiberMike said:

Cool idea, but I think that substitute drivers would only make sense if other drivers can also injure themselves and have to stop races

It isn’t just injuries that would require a driver change. Plus there is no way that kind of thing would be in the game as I don’t thing the FIA would like that.  Anyway, back to the drivers, they could do it how it is now irl and have some drivers (e.g. Kubica/Albion/hulk/Nissany) doing first 

Absolutely it is time to add the reserve/test drivers into the My Team mode driver pool.   It's also time they add fictional drivers into the pool as the mode develops so that in year 4, 7, or 9 you're not still stuck using the 2020 F2 drivers.   It's also time those young drivers in the pool age and progress their OVR ratings as well rather than just sitting on their same OVR ratings through the entire 10 year career mode.   There's so many advancements they can make to enhance Career and My Team modes when it comes to the driver pool.  7 Iconic drivers are relatively useless IMO.  Why would I want to hire a driver that retired many years ago?  I want REAL current drivers and/or some fictional drivers, and I want them to progress on their own as well and constantly refresh through the mode.

35 minutes ago, petro1319 said:

Absolutely it is time to add the reserve/test drivers into the My Team mode driver pool.   It's also time they add fictional drivers into the pool as the mode develops so that in year 4, 7, or 9 you're not still stuck using the 2020 F2 drivers.   It's also time those young drivers in the pool age and progress their OVR ratings as well rather than just sitting on their same OVR ratings through the entire 10 year career mode.   There's so many advancements they can make to enhance Career and My Team modes when it comes to the driver pool.  7 Iconic drivers are relatively useless IMO.  Why would I want to hire a driver that retired many years ago?  I want REAL current drivers and/or some fictional drivers, and I want them to progress on their own as well and constantly refresh through the mode.

If I'm not mistaken the F2 drivers do improve their stats overtime just like the F1 drivers. 

• Agree 1
1 hour ago, petro1319 said:

It's also time those young drivers in the pool age and progress their OVR ratings as well rather than just sitting on their same OVR ratings through the entire 10 year career mode.  

The stats do improve through the activities. I think it was glitched this year where the stats did update, but only in a +xx amount next to the figure

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, cpayne32 said:

The stats do improve through the activities. I think it was glitched this year where the stats did update, but only in a +xx amount next to the figure

You've mistaken, the team activities only improve the driver's stats temporary (which is the extra "+" stats), the effect only last one race, while the base stats will increase automatically overtime. You can literally completely ignore the training activities and they'll still grow themselves.

While the +5 + 10 +15 is based entirely on personnel facilities, those are tied to your facilities that means the driver will lose those effects if they switch team or if you shut the facility down.

Edited by DRTApophis

I thought the stat changes were permenant. I’ve done 4 seasons and once at 100 for me and my teammate for all stats, I never do the activities and the stats remain the same

40 minutes ago, cpayne32 said:

I thought the stat changes were permenant. I’ve done 4 seasons and once at 100 for me and my teammate for all stats, I never do the activities and the stats remain the same

Ignore the + stats, just look at the base numbers, those are the ones that will increase automatically overtime. The + are from team activities and personnel facility. 

Posted (edited)
58 minutes ago, cpayne32 said:

100 is the maximum number they could reach, I'll try to explain.

For example, if the driver starts with stat like this:

EXP 80

RAC 80

AWE 80

PAC 80

Once you upgraded your personnel facility to maximum, the game will show you this:

EXP 80 +15

RAC 80 +15

AWE 80 +15

PAC 80 +15

(This + is permanent unless you shut down the facility)

But overtime the driver will grow themselves and might become something like this overtime

EXP 83 +15

RAC 83 +15

AWE 83 +15

PAC 83 +15

At this point the stats are all 98 in total, but then if you do training activities that give another +5 on PAC, it'll become like this:

EXP 83 +15

RAC 83 +15

AWE 83 +15

PAC 83 +17 

You might ask why is it not +20 PAC in total, because 100 is the maximum stat they could reach, the game won't let you go over it. This kinda situation are more likely to happen with F1 drivers because their base stats are already so high, if you use F2 drivers you'll understand this more easily. 

One last thing, after one race, the activity effect will disappear, and become back to this:

EXP 83 +15

RAC 83 +15

AWE 83 +15

PAC 83 +15

And the activities has no effect on the base stat's growth, so you can literally ignore them.

If the driver's PAC continue the grow, the game might at some point shows you this:

EXP 83 +15

RAC 83 +15

AWE 83 +15

PAC 90 +10

Hope you get what's the meaning of this and good luck racing!

Edited by DRTApophis

I'm not talking about the stats of the teammate you hire.  I'm talking about the ones for the guys unhired, still in the driver pool.  They don't progress through the career mode.  So what incentive is there to sign them to grow your team and actually play the mode.  As it sits the mode is basically adding a team to driver career mode, using your character as the driver, hiring another driver, and buying a few facility upgrades.     The actual world your MY TEAM mode exists in over a 10 year period doesn't change.  That's the problem.   You can only ever hire a 2019 F2 driver, or a driver from another F1 2020 team; even in year 5, or 8, or 9 of the mode.  It just kills all immersion, its just like playing driver career mode over and over and over again but with your own livery after you max things out in year 3 or so.  The mode needs a living, breathing world for your 10 year career.  Not be stuck in 2019 F2 and 2020F1.

To be honest, i don't see any problem
Nico Hülkenberg
Stoffel Vandoorne
Nyck de Vries
Alex Albon
Robert Kubica
Daniil Kvyat
Callum Ilott
We had in F1 20, 19 and 18
they could be easily ported over to F1 21. But i guess it's a license issue or cm simply does not see the need

1 hour ago, FTBuzzard said:

To be honest, i don't see any problem
Nico Hülkenberg
Stoffel Vandoorne
Nyck de Vries
Alex Albon
Robert Kubica
Daniil Kvyat
Callum Ilott
We had in F1 20, 19 and 18
they could be easily ported over to F1 21. But i guess it's a license issue or cm simply does not see the need

Ilott and De Vries are in the game as they are currently racing in F2 

1 hour ago, pashabotceps said:

I have an better idea,

We can sign a development driver to our myteam carrer, who over the time improves and we can sign them to our team later.

That would really add to the experience. That plus having the pre season testing 

Posted (edited)
On 5/22/2021 at 10:22 PM, petro1319 said:

I'm not talking about the stats of the teammate you hire.  I'm talking about the ones for the guys unhired, still in the driver pool.  They don't progress through the career mode.  So what incentive is there to sign them to grow your team and actually play the mode.  As it sits the mode is basically adding a team to driver career mode, using your character as the driver, hiring another driver, and buying a few facility upgrades.     The actual world your MY TEAM mode exists in over a 10 year period doesn't change.  That's the problem.   You can only ever hire a 2019 F2 driver, or a driver from another F1 2020 team; even in year 5, or 8, or 9 of the mode.  It just kills all immersion, its just like playing driver career mode over and over and over again but with your own livery after you max things out in year 3 or so.  The mode needs a living, breathing world for your 10 year career.  Not be stuck in 2019 F2 and 2020F1.

Even the F2 drivers not hired by any team grow automatically.

Mick is a free agent for 2 seasons in MyTeam mode, and his rating had increased from 62 to a whopping 70. And he's still a free agent now on my third season, just a reminder.

About the driver pool, that's why atm we had the Iconic drivers in the new game, it's the first step to expand the mode and I'm sure if it's successful they'll push it further from player's demand. 

Edited by DRTApophis
29 minutes ago, DRTApophis said:

Even the F2 drivers not hired by any team grow automatically.

Mick is a free agent for 2 seasons in MyTeam mode, and his rating had increased from 62 to a whopping 70. And he's still a free agent now on my third season, just a reminder.

About the driver pool, that's why atm we had the Iconic drivers in the new game, it's the first step to expand the mode and I'm sure if it's successful they'll push it further from player's demand. 

That's odd; because he's not progressed in mine.  None of them have unless I hire them and then they get the benefits of my facility upgrades and such.

I just dont see how adding iconic drivers helps.  Only the player can hire them apparently (which is a good thing IMO) but it still brings about the question for me of why I want to hire a guy who raced many many years ago into my current team starting the 2021 season.   I just personally don't see the appeal of it.   Want to run the icons in Career mode as them; or in the grand prix / season modes; yeah, I get that.  I'll use them there if I can.  In my career mode though; no thanks.  I don't want a nostalgic career for ONE team only.  I want a mode that lives and breathes as it's own world, not that has a random driver that's long retired in it with stagnant never changing drivers.

• Agree 1
3 hours ago, petro1319 said:

That's odd; because he's not progressed in mine.  None of them have unless I hire them and then they get the benefits of my facility upgrades and such.

I just dont see how adding iconic drivers helps.  Only the player can hire them apparently (which is a good thing IMO) but it still brings about the question for me of why I want to hire a guy who raced many many years ago into my current team starting the 2021 season.   I just personally don't see the appeal of it.   Want to run the icons in Career mode as them; or in the grand prix / season modes; yeah, I get that.  I'll use them there if I can.  In my career mode though; no thanks.  I don't want a nostalgic career for ONE team only.  I want a mode that lives and breathes as it's own world, not that has a random driver that's long retired in it with stagnant never changing drivers.

I understand what you mean, me too wanted a breathing world like you've described, even if it's a fantasy setting with drivers like Senna still being young in our generation racing modern cars. But I guess for this game's MyTeam mode to develop into a full-blown management game will definitely still take some time, since as we can see here, just a few old drivers added to the game could generate such divided opinions.

Not to mention, I bet the game is also heavily influenced by FOM, CM probably could only do things that they allowed. 

On 5/26/2021 at 8:58 PM, DRTApophis said:

I understand what you mean, me too wanted a breathing world like you've described, even if it's a fantasy setting with drivers like Senna still being young in our generation racing modern cars. But I guess for this game's MyTeam mode to develop into a full-blown management game will definitely still take some time, since as we can see here, just a few old drivers added to the game could generate such divided opinions.

Not to mention, I bet the game is also heavily influenced by FOM, CM probably could only do things that they allowed. 

Yeah; I hope EA takes a look at the series and says we can build upon this and provide customization for players.   I understand that with licensing issues that's why we likely only have the F2 drivers and we don't have guys like Hulkenberg and Albon currently because while they're test drivers, they aren't active and likely arent covered by the current licensing issues.  That's fine; but then in year 2 or three or something start injecting some fictional drivers into the pool.  Or let you create your own young drivers program to recruit and train/upgrade young talent.  Long ways off for the mode only being 1 year old; I get that but I just hope they're paying attention to these things.

The only promising thing to me of EA getting involved here is they hopefully will be able to take the "franchise" modes to the next level here.  Licensing rights to things seem to be no issue for them as big as they are.  If anyone can get the FIA & FOM etc. to realize they need to let go of some control over these things to expand the reach of this game and therefore increase revenues it's going to be the folks at EA I'd guess.

• Agree 1
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, petro1319 said:

Yeah; I hope EA takes a look at the series and says we can build upon this and provide customization for players.   I understand that with licensing issues that's why we likely only have the F2 drivers and we don't have guys like Hulkenberg and Albon currently because while they're test drivers, they aren't active and likely arent covered by the current licensing issues.  That's fine; but then in year 2 or three or something start injecting some fictional drivers into the pool.  Or let you create your own young drivers program to recruit and train/upgrade young talent.  Long ways off for the mode only being 1 year old; I get that but I just hope they're paying attention to these things.

The only promising thing to me of EA getting involved here is they hopefully will be able to take the "franchise" modes to the next level here.  Licensing rights to things seem to be no issue for them as big as they are.  If anyone can get the FIA & FOM etc. to realize they need to let go of some control over these things to expand the reach of this game and therefore increase revenues it's going to be the folks at EA I'd guess.

Yea I agree with the fictional drivers.

There was this football club management series I played a long time ago that feature hundreds of fictional players alongside real ones, where everyone had their own face model, stats with unique growth pacing and potentials, and even with different personalities (One of eight types if I remember correctly). Personally I would prefer them to have a much smaller number of choices and focus on their quality (building up their character and background) instead of quantity, it wouldn't make sense to have so many people ready for F1 or super license anyways LOL

It would be really cool if both us and AI teams can at least hire those characters from the F2 Story mode.  

Edited by DRTApophis