Jump to content Jump to content

No damage from hitting walls. Myteam/Career/MP PC

Posted (edited)
  • A detailed description of the issue. Please include any error codes here. 
    When going to crash into a barrier on any damage mode (sim, normal, reduced) does not produce any damage and moves my car around

• Platform
    PC

• What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 

• Game-mode?
    My team, Career, MP

• We need to be able to make your problem happen internally so we can fix the issue. Can you make the problem happen again?
    Yes. Very simple to recreate.

• How do you make the problem happen?
    Crash into different walls on any map and see if what happens in the video occurs.

• What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue 
    Verified game files. All I can really think of other than not crashing in general.

• What peripherals are you are using (gamepad, wheel make & model etc) 
    Thrustmaster TMX Pro

• Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears.   
    Video was recorded using F2 2020 cars. This also occurs on the following: F1 2020, F2 2019, F2 2020, Classic. The damage mode for this race was Normal

Edited by Lightz3D
  • Lightz3D changed the title to No damage from hitting walls. Myteam/Career/MP PC

Not sure a dxdiag is helpful as this is a gameplay issue?

In the clip there is no indication of the damage portion of the MFD, so is this about visual damage or actual damage?

Edit: dxdiag shows ASUS GPU Tweak II running (crashing), there were issues with Gigabyte EasyTune and various RGB utilities, so please uninstall the utility and retest.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

Not sure a dxdiag is helpful as this is a gameplay issue?

In the clip there is no indication of the damage portion of the MFD, so is this about visual damage or actual damage?

Edit: dxdiag shows ASUS GPU Tweak II running (crashing), there were issues with Gigabyte EasyTune and various RGB utilities, so please uninstall the utility and retest.

1: Yeah I didn't think it would be helpful but someone asked for it so I provided it.
2: Ahh this was poor clipping. After the crash I checked it and there was no damage where there 100% should have been.
3: Yes, I will uninstall these utilities now.

Will attempt recreation for a video now.

Edited by Lightz3D
  • Administrator

Can you get a video of this happening in a single player mode please @Lightz3D. Try and test it by REALLY hitting the wall. Castle section at Baku perhaps. Maybe also adding a screenshot of your assists and settings too just to clarify them for us. Thanks.

1 minute ago, BarryBL said:

Can you get a video of this happening in a single player mode please @Lightz3D. Try and test it by REALLY hitting the wall. Castle section at Baku perhaps. Maybe also adding a screenshot of your assists and settings too just to clarify them for us. Thanks.

Will do. Will collect this tomorrow as it is 11pm for me right now. I find this only really happens on a few select walls but I will go full beans into a few different walls and see what happens. Will keep you all posted. 

• Like 2